PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone here consider Asante Samuel to be a "Legend"?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you consider Asante Samuel to be a "Patriots Legend"?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • No.

Votes: 64 84.2%
  • Who??

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. Just saw the article title above saying "Patriots Legend sends brutal message to Bill Belichick". Clicked on it and it was Asante Samuel running his mouth yet again.

Personally, the guy is a gigantic POS who can't stop running his mouth. He CHOKED against the 2007 Giants and was responsible for 2 HUGE catches that they had and for not pulling down an interception that was through his hands.

If Stacey Mickels thinks A$ante is a NEP legend she has pretty low standards.

He was a very good player on 2 SB champions who due to his inability to execute (see do his job) on two critical plays led to the NEP losing SB 42.

bdd.jpg

Samuel hates Belichick, and like a number of posters here he simply won’t ever shut up about it. I do, however, agree somewhat with the idea that he has to throw him in the deep end and let him either sink or swim. More than anything else this season has to be about finding out if you have your QB for the future or not, and you won’t find that out by micromanaging him. He’s got a big challenge in front of him, as the AFC is a really strong conference right now, and their schedule is tough, but that’s also the best way to find out what you have. If he can lead them to the playoffs then they should continue building around him, if they end up with a high draft pick then they will need to draft a QB in the l first round, and then pass on his fifth year option.

He was a good player considering he was a 4th round pick. I think he made the Pro Bowl a few times as well as was an All Pro a couple of times. The Pats always seem to get more out of their later round DBs and UDFA DBs. Malcolm Butler and JC Jackson have made the Pro Bowl as well. (I think Butler was a 2nd team All Pro one time) Patriots always have good secondary coaches who are able to coach the guys up, except for most of their 2nd round DBs for some odd reason.

The author is clearly trolling. Asante was a good CB, but he is most remembered for: allowing a reserve WR catch his first TD on the season in the Super Bowl (only 4 receptions on the year), mistiming a jump and dropping the game winning INT that would’ve made him an NFL Legend and then losing his man the following play allowing the helmet catch. All of these plays were with the same player. Even Bill Buckner would’ve been like “damn”.

Asante got what he wanted which was to leave the Pats and get his contract like he did.

By the way, who the hell is the lone vote for “yes”?

Legend? In his own mind only. For me that word is reserved for guys who are in the conversation for best at their position all time like Brady, Gronk, Hog, and BB. in fact besides those 4 I can’t think of any patriot that deserves it though I suppose another definition could be someone who embodies the patriot way like Brown, Bruschi, or Harrison. Either way ***ante doesn’t even come close, I’m not sure he is on the Mount Rushmore of patriot corners, never mind of the entire team. calling him a legend is a bad joke

Legend? In his own mind only. For me that word is reserved for guys who are in the conversation for best at their position all time like Brady, Gronk, Hog, and BB. in fact besides those 4 I can’t think of any patriot that deserves it though I suppose another definition could be someone who embodies the patriot way like Brown, Bruschi, or Harrison. Either way ***ante doesn’t even come close, I’m not sure he is on the Mount Rushmore of patriot corners, never mind of the entire team. calling him a legend is a bad joke

He's not on the Patriots Mt Rushmore. Off the top of my head Haynes, Law, Clayborn, Gilmore, Talib, Revis and Lippett. Yes a few were only here for a short period of time but they all had better careers and their best years here were better than any of Assante's. The 07 SB there were a lot of people who could have ended that game with a Patriots win but he was the most chances. Everyone else I put on this list makes that interception and doesn't blow the coverages he did.

he's not a legend, sorry.

I NEVER liked Samuel's overall game.

Forget about the individual plays already mentioned. Samuel was a strictly a zone CB, who was actually pretty good at it when he wasn't taking a lot of hit or miss chances in order to make big plays. I never understood his Patriots hate, he was able to parlay those very good Pats teams to 3 superbowl appearances with 2 wins and a big contract from Philly. Where he did more of the same. You loved the picks and hated when he guessed wrong AND the fact he couldn't play man a lick.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back