PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets trade for Panthers OT Otah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if I didn't meet your expectations - being a Jets fan you must be used to that feeling.

Look, the Panthers got Murphy, a much more productive, more healthy player, in exchange for Otah, a guy making more $$ who has hardly ever been on the field for two years and they used the Jets to get it done. The Panthers dumped Otah, who has played 4 games in 2 years, on the Jets, and got the Jets to pay enough for him that they could use the pick to get Murphy - that's shrewd trading by the Panthers, not by the Jets. Let's make it simple for you - for a 7th rounder wouldn't you have much rather had Louis Murphy? Warning: answering "no" here will void any further discussion about being "objective."

The real losers in the whole exchange were the Raiders. At least the Jets got a player who might, in theory, help them. The Raiders gave up a productive NFL player for a 7th round pick, and nobody seems to know why except that they have a glut at that position now.

and he's a player with questionable work habits.

When he was coming out in the draft I asked a Steelers fan who's draft knowledgable if he thought the Steelers would be a lock to take him given he went to Pitt and it was a position of need. The guy is also a huge Pitt Panthers fan and alum and I was suprised when he said god I hope not. I asked why and he said he was lazy and his footwork was questionable for the next level.

You name them. As much as I hate L.T., he did say one notable thing at the end of last season, and that's that the Jets locker room as as bad as he's ever seen. They've done nothing to address that so far this offseason so, when the going gets tough (and it will), I expect your fragile locker room to implode once again.

Its hard to quickly fix a locker room. The best way is to unite the team and build it up from the ground, can that happen after last years debacle? We will see. They are all hoping the 3 weeks in Cortland will go a long ways to building that.

However, they did bring in one of the best locker room guys in the NFL in Tebow. Whether his role as #2 conflicts with that is also up for dispute.

When he was coming out in the draft I asked a Steelers fan who's draft knowledgable if he thought the Steelers would be a lock to take him given he went to Pitt and it was a position of need. The guy is also a huge Pitt Panthers fan and alum and I was suprised when he said god I hope not. I asked why and he said he was lazy and his footwork was questionable for the next level.

This is pointless since hes already proven he can be a top notch RT in this league. The real questions are can his knee hold up and will he be motivated to play in a contract year?

Its hard to quickly fix a locker room. The best way is to unite the team and build it up from the ground, can that happen after last years debacle? We will see. They are all hoping the 3 weeks in Cortland will go a long ways to building that.

However, they did bring in one of the best locker room guys in the NFL in Tebow. Whether his role as #2 conflicts with that is also up for dispute.

They brought him in for equipment sales first and locker room stability second. But not even Tebow can save that locker room. Check the way that Santonio is running off at the mouth already and consider that the first preseason game hasn't even been played yet.

The Charlie Browns of the NFL...

new-york-jets-charlie-brown-lucy-football-kick.jpg

The real losers in the whole exchange were the Raiders. At least the Jets got a player who might, in theory, help them. The Raiders gave up a productive NFL player for a 7th round pick, and nobody seems to know why except that they have a glut at that position now.

I'll grant you that, good observation. But my reply had to be Jets-centric given who I was responding to - Jetsfan. And in the beginning of my post I thought I zinged him pretty good but not one Patsfan gave me a nod! I'll have to live with it. :D

Looks like the clock is ticking for this trade to go from the "best GM" in the league in Tannebaum once again showing why he is so much smarter than the rest of the league (which is what many Jets fans believe) by making the deal of the offseason to Otah is a bum and I didn't want him anyway:

Otah trade is contingent on him passing physical in next 7 days #nyj

https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/228280918366908416

Looks like the clock is ticking for this trade to go from the "best GM" in the league in Tannebaum once again showing why he is so much smarter than the rest of the league (which is what many Jets fans believe) by making the deal of the offseason to Otah is a bum and I didn't want him anyway:

https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/228280918366908416

I know you are a raging Patriot homer with no shame, and will use every opportunity to dump on the Jets...

But do you really think the Jets/Tannenbaum didn't know about Otah's history?

The trade had a 7 day clause in it for him to pass a physical before consumating the deal... That tells you right there the Jets are looking to take a chance on a player that was a highly regarded prospect with the probable intent to make him a reclamation project for future considerations.

Pretty much what the Pats tried to do with Ocho Cinco and Haynesworth last year, and you and everybody in this thread dumping on the Jets for this move, you all put up rose petals and more enshrinement for the mastermind Belichick when he made the move.

Man, you are shameless... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I know you are a raging Patriot homer with no shame, and will use every opportunity to dump on the Jets...

The trade had a 7 day clause in it for him to pass a physical before consumating the deal... That tells you right there the Jets are looking to take a chance on a player that was a highly regarded prospect with the probable intent to make him a reclamation project for future considerations.

Pretty much what the Pats tried to do with Ocho Cinco and Haynesworth last year, and you and everybody in this thread dumping on the Jets for this move, you all put up rose petals and more enshrinement for the mastermind Belichick when he made the move.

Except Ochocinco and Haynesworth were never a top the depth chart at their respective positions like Otah would be at the Jets. Oranges and apples.

really???...Patriots fans are shameless...got it...S-H-A-M-E-L-E-S-S...hey, I found the definition of shameless over on J.I.....take a look..

Ray Ray19
Not a SOJF

Sanchez is 4-2 in the playoffs in the last 3 years

Brady is 2-2 in the playoffs in the last 3 years

Sanchez has beaten Brady

Sanchez is 25, Brady is 36

Regular season is for losers

Sanchez > Brady

Suck it you ****ing troll!

YEAH!!!! you ***********troll********eat it*****Brady is gay*******Jets overthought the game****don't have a canary******keep whistlin gypsy you ****for intensive purposes.****ing losers!!!!

Last edited:

Your inability to grasp the meaning of words and sentences continues to impress. You should probably reread Rob's post..... slowly.

Except Ochocinco and Haynesworth were never a top the depth chart at their respective positions like Otah would be at the Jets. Oranges and apples.

Wait, what?

If both were healthy and the Pats didn't need to hide their cheating by acting like a sector 51 CIA operation. Haynesworth would have been a starter, and Ocho would have been able to be himself.

Your inability to grasp the meaning of words and sentences continues to impress. You should probably reread Rob's post..... slowly.

Save it, I read his post just fine, it was lame, and shameless, like most of them are.

Wait, what?

If both were healthy and the Pats didn't need to hide their cheating by acting like a sector 51 CIA operation. Haynesworth would have been a starter, and Ocho would have been able to be himself.
Haynesworth was not ahead of Wilfork playing as NT or DT nor was Ochocino ahead of Welker playing as a WR. Please... continue to embarrass yourself. If you're going to make a joke make sure it's funny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore