Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Uncle Heatster 2-Round Mock Draft, May 1st

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by dryheat44, May 1, 2014.

1. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +376 / 2 / -1

Disable Jersey

If Kyle Fuller is available when the Patriots pick (which I doubt) and the Patriots pass on him, I shall be ... quite sad. :rolleyes:
  2. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

You must be extremely high on him to see a cornerback as a first-round value to a team with Revis, Browner, Dennard, Ryan, and Arrington on the roster. I think he'll have a productive NFL career, but I don't think he's that good.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +376 / 2 / -1

Disable Jersey

Indeed.

Love is blind, they say. But not completely (I hope).

I can't see the Pats coming to a long-term deal with Revis and whether Browner will flourish in New England is an open question (he worked in a very particular system in Seattle -- can he transfer to a different one? or will the Patriots adapt successfully to suit his game?). On the other hand, even with a first-round pick, the benefit comes in years 2-5.

And Fuller does bring something immediately -- he's an excellent return man. I think it's very hard these days to project corners from college to the NFL. To my eyes, at least, the college refs are much less inclined to throw a flag whenever a finger touches a receiver. But Fuller has an exceptional ferocity that will (I have convinced myself) be of value wherever he goes.
  4. Gronkandez

Gronkandez Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 4 / -6

I missed the part about trading up to #8 to get Gilbert. (Patting self on back)