PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Uncle Heatster 2-Round Mock Draft, May 1st

If Kyle Fuller is available when the Patriots pick (which I doubt) and the Patriots pass on him, I shall be ... quite sad. :rolleyes:

If Kyle Fuller is available when the Patriots pick (which I doubt) and the Patriots pass on him, I shall be ... quite sad. :rolleyes:

You must be extremely high on him to see a cornerback as a first-round value to a team with Revis, Browner, Dennard, Ryan, and Arrington on the roster. I think he'll have a productive NFL career, but I don't think he's that good.

You must be extremely high on him to see a cornerback as a first-round value to a team with Revis, Browner, Dennard, Ryan, and Arrington on the roster. I think he'll have a productive NFL career, but I don't think he's that good.

Indeed.

Love is blind, they say. But not completely (I hope).

I can't see the Pats coming to a long-term deal with Revis and whether Browner will flourish in New England is an open question (he worked in a very particular system in Seattle -- can he transfer to a different one? or will the Patriots adapt successfully to suit his game?). On the other hand, even with a first-round pick, the benefit comes in years 2-5.

And Fuller does bring something immediately -- he's an excellent return man. I think it's very hard these days to project corners from college to the NFL. To my eyes, at least, the college refs are much less inclined to throw a flag whenever a finger touches a receiver. But Fuller has an exceptional ferocity that will (I have convinced myself) be of value wherever he goes.

I like the top of this draft. I'm intrigued by your trade down scenarios for the Browns, however, they already have (2) 1st, 3rd and 4th round picks in addtion to their pick in rounds 2,5,6&7. At some point they have to get players and I don't think reaching for Mettzenberg is the answer. I can see them trading down a little and taking one of the top 4 tackles to play RT for them. This will solify the line, give the team an identity and make it easier for the future QB/Hoyer to suceed. Then they can get a QB later, a WR, RB and some defensive parts.

In this scenario I think the Browns should stay at #9 and take Justin Gilbert..maybe even Ha Ha Clinton Dix. They have plenty of picks to address there offensive needs later on.

I missed the part about trading up to #8 to get Gilbert. (Patting self on back)

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back