PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets Owner: Revis unlikely to sign before start of season

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now Rex is at it again. Wants the entire team to attend a Revis negotiations session. Manish Mehta (TheJetsStream) on Twitter

This is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. Rex is either very naive or very stupid. Why on earth would a bunch of his teammates go to a negotiation meeting? They are members of the same union and they want Revis to get paid. Sure they would love to have him on the field, but they aren't about to show up to these meetings because a player's contract is his own business...it's between the player and the team. This would look ridiculous especially since there are other players upset with management over their contracts as well. What a moron this guy is.

This is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. Rex is either very naive or very stupid. Why on earth would a bunch of his teammates go to a negotiation meeting? They are members of the same union and they want Revis to get paid. Sure they would love to have him on the field, but they aren't about to show up to these meetings because a player's contract is his own business...it's between the player and the team. This would look ridiculous especially since there are other players upset with management over their contracts as well. What a moron this guy is.

Wrecks probably would prefer to settle it in the boxing ring, or arm-wrestling. Maybe that's next. I wonder how the guy(s) in line to replace Revis feel about this. Not exactly a vote of confidence from their coach.

Last edited:
Gawd, this is gonna be a total train wreck season for the JETS. I just hope we get lots of Jets games televised here on the Boston Comcrap feed. I gotta go think of some kinda dire prediction poll relative to the Jets and post it...

Wrecks probably would prefer to settle it in the boxing ring, or arm-wrestling. Maybe that's next. I wonder how the guy(s) in line to replace Revis feel about this. Not exactly a vote of confidence from their coach.

If I've learned anything from Over the Top (and I have), it's that arm wrestling can solve every problem.

Last edited:
I think if the Jets somehow get an entire team meeting with Revis could blow up in the Jets face. If the players see that a guy like Revis isn't getting a deal that he deserves, they might question what will happen to them.

It's not surprising that Ryan wants the entire team to meet with Revis. Without Revis, his defense becomes ordinary.

But man, I hope it doesn't blow up before it even starts.. that would be a shame. The conflict needs to build up like a proper soap opera storyline and blow up in spectacular fashion.

"And why not? What havethe Jests done to indicate to you that they're building for long-term success?"

plenty.first al all hiring a real head coach(ya he's fat,****y,will eat his own players,blah,blah,blah.ya.i heard it all before)i am sure all you pats fans can come up with all your own reasons the jets were 2 quarters away for the super bowl,but the fact remains.he got them there

Jets hired an effective DC, NOT a head coach. Rex showed the world MANY TIMES last season that he's over his head running the whole show. Even he admitted 3/4 of the way in that he better learn the team's offense.

2nd.the hiring of mike tannenbaum.again,i am sure you guys can paint a pretty picture as you always do,but this will fall on deaf ears

Tanny has as many haters as admirers, even within your own fanbase. Personally, he's okay in my book, but his play callingoften gets too conservative and predictible. Either way, many say he's in line for a HC position next year, so how does that help the Jets long-term? (edit: my bad, I was talking about Shotty while thinking about Tanny, thx BFTW)

3.drafting good players.please dont argue this point as you have not a leg to stand on
i could go on,but for me,these are the top 3 reasons to beleive that woody is and will continue putting top teams on the field

yes, the Jets have had some decent drafts, although they routinely trade away their draft picks for the "sexy" FA aquisition. This hurts their depth, and they are VERY shallow at most positions. Again, this strategy is great for "win it all now" but does little to assure long-term success.

Next year the Green Beans have to deal with re-signing,
Mangold, Harris, Edwards, Holmes, and Cromartie, not to mention dealing with Revis. Expect to lose at least 3 of these names. When they are gone, what do you have to show for the draft picks it cost to get them?

The Jets are built to win NOW. Next year and beyond? Not so much.

Last edited:
the more this drags the happier i am and not really for the reasons everyone thinks

1) makes the Jets worse
2) forces people to look at how rookie contracts work top to bottom and compared to vets
3) Makes to onwers look at how they are paying players
4) Makes players look at how to deal with owners
5-99) makes the jets worse and is Highly entertaining

Tanny has as many haters as admirers, even within your own fanbase. Personally, he's okay in my book, but his play callingoften gets too conservative and predictible. Either way, many say he's in line for a HC position next year, so how does that help the Jets long-term?

I think you're thinking of Brian Schottenheimer- Tannenbaum is their GM.

Last edited:
yes, the Jets have had some decent drafts, although they routinely trade away their draft picks for the "sexy" FA aquisition. This hurts their depth, and they are VERY shallow at most positions. Again, this strategy is great for "win it all now" but does little to assure long-term success.

IIRC, the JEST have had a total of 7 draft picks in the last two drafts.

The Pats have had 24.

The JEST have six picks to start next year's draft (after trading one for Cromartie). The Pats have 10.

And why not? What havethe Jests done to indicate to you that they're building for long-term success
plenty.first al all hiring a real head coach(ya he's fat,****y,will eat his own players,blah,blah,blah.ya.i heard it all before)i am sure all you pats fans can come up with all your own reasons the jets were 2 quarters away for the super bowl,but the fact remains.he got them there
2nd.the hiring of mike tannenbaum.again,i am sure you guys can paint a pretty picture as you always do,but this will fall on deaf ears
3.drafting good players.please dont argue this point as you have not a leg to stand on
i could go on,but for me,these are the top 3 reasons to beleive that woody is and will continue putting top teams on the field
Every team has a coach, a GM and a draft.
If you are trying to show that he has made a long term committment where winning is most important, how does hiring a DC(from a team that was mediocre while he was DC) to be a first time coach instead of vreaking the bank to hire a proven winner indicate that?
The Lions hiring Jim Schwartz is very comparable to the Jets hiring FatLoad. The Redskins hired Shanahan, the Giants Coughlin, many teams have gone after Cowher, etc etc. The Jets hiring strategy at HC actually only indicates they don't want to talk to candidates with a resume who could demand big contracts. That is, money comes before winning
Same thing with Tannenbaum. He was the assistant to a failed GM who got promoted. A commitment to winning would have been to hire away a siccesful GM at any cost. He didnt try to do that.
I dont understand how the draft is pertinent to this topic.

This might be the biggest gaffe in a long line of Ryan gaffes.
Lets assume it happened.
Management now has to negotiate with Revis in front of every Jet employee, and make them privy to information that the FO surely wouldnt want to share. Worse, Ryan just put the organization (the one he is supposed to be part of the management of) in a position where they are impotent in negotiations because everyone in that room will be on the players side.
He also set the Woodman up to look dsinterested when he reject this buffoons idea.
By the way, I dont think it would even be legal to allow every team employee to attend Revis contract negotiations
Rex Ryan= Head Cheerleader who learned Mike Nolas defensive scheme while he worked for him, and a guy you really dont want speaking on your behalf.
This will go down as a hiring every bit as stupid in retrospect as Rich Kotite.

IIRC, the JEST have had a total of 7 draft picks in the last two drafts.

The Pats have had 24.

The JEST have six picks to start next year's draft (after trading one for Cromartie). The Pats have 10.

heheheheh...10 indeed, with 2 ea. first and second.:singing:

So Rex is not saying he's coaching the guys that are here?

He's basically telling his players they can't do it without Revis?

Way to go rexasaurus .... way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore