PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets Owner: Revis unlikely to sign before start of season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jets Owner: Revis Unlikely to Sign Before Start of Season

I can't wait for week 2.

Good, Brady was going to torch them with Revis...now it will be even worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hopefully it continues into the season.

The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

wow, that would be a big loss. not that i am complaining or anything. :D

Revis now believes he is too good for the NFL, based on Jabba Wrecks' intense praise. :singing: But seriously, folks, if Jabba had learned how to control his flatulence problem, Darrelle would be in camp as we speak. It all stems from that closed-door meeting between the two at mini-camp, where Wrecks ripped loose a couple noxious gas bombs bringing their heart-to-heart chat to an abrupt end. Revis was deeply offended. Negotiations have gone downhill ever since.

Revis now believes he is too good for the NFL, based on Jabba Wrecks' intense praise. :singing: But seriously, folks, if Jabba had learned how to control his flatulence problem, Darrelle would be in camp as we speak. It all stems from that closed-door meeting between the two at mini-camp, where Wrecks ripped loose a couple noxious gas bombs bringing their heart-to-heart chat to an abrupt end. Revis was deeply offended. Negotiations have gone downhill ever since.

Fart jokes ftw. :rofl:

it doesn't help negotiations that Rex predicted a super bowl win and that he stated that Revis is the best cornerback in the league. Rex' big mouth is going to backfire in a big way. Revis is at home thinkiing "ok if these guys think i'm the best well I want to be paid that way."

Jetskins are in trouble. But they still have a shot at the September Superbowl

This is their excuse when they fail.

This is their excuse when they fail.

If it wasn't this it would be something else...it's everyone's fault but their own.

Doesn't he first need to report to camp by tomorrow before they can even get to signing a deal before the start of the season? He already put a proposal out there, so it's in the Jets hands now.

Last edited:

I see a book on the forthcoming Jest season....

images

Doesn't he first need to report to camp by tomorrow before they can even get to signing a deal before the start of the season? He already put a proposal out there, so it's in the Jets hands now.

He can sign a new deal anytime he wants. Thing is, he loses a year toward free agency if he doesn't report to camp tomorrow.:rolleyes2:

He can sign a new deal anytime he wants. Thing is, he loses a year toward free agency if he doesn't report to camp tomorrow.:rolleyes2:

Bingo, which is why everyone assumed that he wouldn't hold out in the first place. If his holdout lasts through tomorrow, then all of the leverage that everyone thought the Jets had is pretty much gone.

No way... other people have held out for a lot longer without losing a year. Is it because of the no CBA?

I want Revis to play so Moss can burn him.

No way... other people have held out for a lot longer without losing a year. Is it because of the no CBA?

Not sure of the reason, but I know that the Jets have him under contract for three more years and if he doesn't report to camp tomorrow, the Green Beans retain his rights for a fourth year. BTW, by missing the first mini-camp, he forfeited $21 million guaranteed for next 3 years. (1M/10M/10M) Seriously, how much hot air has Rexy blown up this guy's butt.

Bingo, which is why everyone assumed that he wouldn't hold out in the first place. If his holdout lasts through tomorrow, then all of the leverage that everyone thought the Jets had is pretty much gone.

The Jets' lose leverage? How do you figure? He can't play for anyone else unless the Jets say so, for FOUR years.

The CBA states that in an uncapped year, if the player is under-contract and doesn't report by tomorrow, they lose a year of eligibility. If the player is not under contract (Logan Mankins) he has until week 10 to sign and report to acrue a year of service. It used to be week 10 for all situations.

The CBA states that in an uncapped year, if the player is under-contract and doesn't report by tomorrow, they lose a year of eligibility. If the player is not under contract (Logan Mankins) he has until week 10 to sign and report to acrue a year of service. It used to be week 10 for all situations.

Thanks for that clarification.

Bottom line, the only leverage Revis has is to sit out four years, and he gets fined $16,000 a day for missing time.

He's got zero leverage. I find it funny how the Jets created a primadonna out of arguably their best player. Leave it to them to find new ways to screw up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes