PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets Owner: Revis unlikely to sign before start of season

Status
Not open for further replies.
On NFLN last night they had a brief clip of the "Hard Knocks" kickoff rally the Green Beans staged in downtown New York, complete with cheerleaders, face-painting for kids, etc. (Wonder if they told the kids that it's on at 10 p.m. and they can't watch it, partly because of the hour and partly because of Wrecks' flatulence/potty mouth.) Anyway, Woody Johnson was on the stage and orated how the 'Beans are "America's favorite team" and the NFL's "most interesting team," etc., etc. The odd thing about that was you could see in his face that he was practically imploring people to believe him. He truly looks like a desperate man.

And now Rex is at it again. Wants the entire team to attend a Revis negotiations session. I'm sure HBO would love that. Until the flattulance drives them all out of the room... Maybe that's the plan, lock the room and refuse to open the door until a deal is done...

Manish Mehta (TheJetsStream) on Twitter

i know you called me a homo and want me banned for joking with ya,but here me out anyways.i read an article about revis from one of those football statistics sites.the article claims that revis had the best season ever,that a cb ever had since they have keeping track of stats.revis absolutely knew the kinda season he had.everybody knew.revis became a household name(maybe not that far)commentators,newspapers,football sites talked this guy up.big time.lets forget about rex saying what he said about revis.imo,it is one small stone in the pile in the revis negotiations.keep in mind,his uncle is sean gilbert.
now with all this in mind,do you honestly beleive that revis wasnt going to approach the jets demanding a raise?tanny did the right thing.the smart thing.he approached revis,escentially beating revis to the punch,hopeing that revis might look at that as a sign of good faith

We'll never know that now and any point we can possibly make is speculation. However, there was nothing that Revis said either to the media or that made it to the media that indicated that he would have held out had Ryan and the Jets not blown smoke up his ass. It's one thing for the media and statistical websites to say something about your accomplishments as a player. It's quite another for your coach, who is pimped to be a defensive genius, to put you in the same breath as Deion Sanders.

Last edited:
Woody cares about the business side, period. Lip service towards winning as long as it's congruent with boosting revenue. Right now the tool needs to sell those expensive PSL turkeys. Everything he's doing, Hard Knocks, Super Bowl bravado talk, and so on is aimed at selling PSLs which he desperately needs to do to cover his stadium investment costs. He's hired the perfect fat foil as his bombastic HC to accomplish the task of energizing the mindless legions of JETS fans breeders, desperate for success and congenitaly (they're New Yawkiz) unable to discern a false bravado sham from the real thing. Not to worry, by NEXT spring these morons will have forgotten this latest failure of a season and be loudly spouting away...again.

psl's are small change.if woody truly and only beleives in the all mighty dollar,it would be in his best interest to be a contender?more wins.more money.plain and simple.from my understanding,woody has moved quite a few of the unsold psl's and its not that big of a problem.
putting a contender on the field,is exactly what he is doing.obviously,most pats fans dont seem to agree with that.most likely fueled by the disdain you feel for the jets.bellicheat is a genius.everything the jets do is moronic.about sums it up in a nutshell

And why not? What havethe Jests done to indicate to you that they're building for long-term success.

See, this is what makes me laugh at the Green Beans. Even if all the planets were to align this season and the Jets get to the Super Bowl, as all the fans expect, this team is due for a major turnover next year. The FO has loaded up on THIS year, and as has been mentioned, Woody is swimming in loads of unsold PSLs. The best any Jest fan can hope for is one and done. What a pathetic franchise.

And why not? What havethe Jests done to indicate to you that they're building for long-term success
plenty.first al all hiring a real head coach(ya he's fat,****y,will eat his own players,blah,blah,blah.ya.i heard it all before)i am sure all you pats fans can come up with all your own reasons the jets were 2 quarters away for the super bowl,but the fact remains.he got them there
2nd.the hiring of mike tannenbaum.again,i am sure you guys can paint a pretty picture as you always do,but this will fall on deaf ears
3.drafting good players.please dont argue this point as you have not a leg to stand on
i could go on,but for me,these are the top 3 reasons to beleive that woody is and will continue putting top teams on the field

bellicheat is a genius.everything the jets do is moronic.about sums it up in a nutshell

At last...enlightenment. Spelling, the space bar and punctuation may not be far behind...

And now Rex is at it again. Wants the entire team to attend a Revis negotiations session. I'm sure HBO would love that. Until the flattulance drives them all out of the room... Maybe that's the plan, lock the room and refuse to open the door until a deal is done...

Manish Mehta (TheJetsStream) on Twitter

Based Mehta's tweets on Sanchez's performances in practice, I expect a huge jump from him this season. I think he might get 13 TDs and reduce his INTs to 19. Of course Ryan will say that Sanchez is already ready for Canton based on all the ball washing he does to his players based on Mehta's tweets.

Ryan is building up this team so much that only breaking the 72 Dolphins' record and go undefeated for 19 games and win the Super Bowl would be considered a success for this team.

BTW, at least the NY press are finally catching up that the Jets are full of crap and their deals that they have offered Revis are BS deals that only morons like D'Brickishaw Ferguson would sign.

It looks pretty much right on the mark to me.

RE being apart on opinions: What did you expect when you signed up for an account at a site called Patsfans.com?

RE being apart on opinions: What did you expect when you signed up for an account at a site called Patsfans.com?

gee,i dont know?possibly,intelligent coverstion without biased b.s. perspectives would be nice

BTW, at least the NY press are finally catching up that the Jets are full of crap and their deals that they have offered Revis are BS deals that only morons like D'Brickishaw Ferguson would sign.

i can tell you are a big fan of florio,no?

gee,i dont know?possibly,intelligent coverstion without biased b.s. perspectives would be nice

I assume this is comedy, right? I mean, you don't really think that there are millions of fan sites just full up with non-biased perspectives, do you?

i can tell you are a big fan of florio,no?

I read his column, but he isn't the only one reporting this. Greg Bishop of the NY Times said the same thing that the contract that the Jets offered guaranteed him $5 million in 2010 and nothing after that. Why would he come back for an extra $5 million? The Jets are playing games and asking Revis to take a risk with next to no guaranteed money increase.

Based Mehta's tweets on Sanchez's performances in practice, I expect a huge jump from him this season. I think he might get 13 TDs and reduce his INTs to 19. Of course Ryan will say that Sanchez is already ready for Canton based on all the ball washing he does to his players based on Mehta's tweets.

Ryan is building up this team so much that only breaking the 72 Dolphins' record and go undefeated for 19 games and win the Super Bowl would be considered a success for this team.

Honestly, there may be some method in Rex's madness. No one is really analyzing what goes on up in Cortland. They all just kill time watching Sanchez get sacked or complete 50% of his throws against no rushers or watching Lowery get torched filling in for Cromartie so he can fill in for Revis, or watching Mangold get his bell rung...eagerly awaiting Tubby's next presser for their daily revis comment. LOL If they lose their MNF home opener, look for tubby to open his post game presser with the announcement he is heading to Darrell's house as soon as the presser wraps to put an end to this contract BS...and the media is welcome to tag along and watch him do it. LOL

been around cliffs all my life.havnt fallen off one yet

CliffClavin.jpg

Whoever you chose to be on top of, that is your business. Not that there is anything wrong that.

The fact that you never fall off? Kudos...

Honestly, there may be some method in Rex's madness. No one is really analyzing what goes on up in Cortland. They all just kill time watching Sanchez get sacked or complete 50% of his throws against no rushers or watching Lowery get torched filling in for Cromartie so he can fill in for Revis, or watching Mangold get his bell rung...eagerly awaiting Tubby's next presser for their daily revis comment. LOL If they lose their MNF home opener, look for tubby to open his post game presser with the announcement he is heading to Darrell's house as soon as the presser wraps to put an end to this contract BS...and the media is welcome to tag along and watch him do it. LOL

I do believe there is a method to Ryan's madness. The brashness, bold predictions, and things like 'Hard Knocks' are all geared towards selling PSL's. Ryan is a carnival salesman who knows they needed to load up for this year...as Leon Washington tweeted when he left, "Have fun signing all those free-agents next year." My brother in laws are rabid Jets' fans and they are very aware of this...neither plan to shell out the $ for the PSLs btw.

I do believe there is a method to Ryan's madness. The brashness, bold predictions, and things like 'Hard Knocks' are all geared towards selling PSL's. Ryan is a carnival salesman who knows they needed to load up for this year...as Leon Washington tweeted when he left, "Have fun signing all those free-agents next year." My brother in laws are rabid Jets' fans and they are very aware of this...neither plan to shell out the $ for the PSLs btw.

I think you give Rex Ryan too much credit. Remember who his father is. Ego and arrogance is a trademark of the Ryan family.

I'm still not even sure what a psl is.

Gary Myers of the NY Daily News reported today (link below) that the Jets and Revis are $40MM apart over the lifetime of any deal. Myers is pretty well-plugged into Things Green and has drunk deeply of the Ryan Kool Aid, so I give the story credibility. Myers points out that a $165 million deal would make Revis the most highly paid player in the NFL, pending the Brady and Manning deals.

What's really interesting is that Woody Johnson, a man of no known spine, is standing up to Revis amid the "Win Now" mania for which Johnson is to a considerable degree responsible. I'd originally assumed that his statements earlier this week were just a negotiating ploy, but now I'm reconsidering that view.

Jets and Darrelle Revis are $40 million apart on new deal, so it's time to find some middle ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes