PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Go Cubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showing my age here but....

In the Impossible Dream '67 Year of Yaz, they wheeled in those Sylvania TV's in to our 5th grade class room after lunch to watch the World Series.

Probably because even at that time of pre-internet, pre-cell phone day the teachers knew there would be no focus on learning.

We watched until school was out, and then until after that to the end of the inning. After that we were all faster than Usain Bolt ever was in the time it took to leave school and run home.

While I completely understand the financial decision making, a part of me really wishes that the World Series would be decided with players comfortably wearing short sleeved shirts.

really either team winning is good for me. the both really deserve it. one team has theo, the other francona.

Lots of love for both guys. wish they were both still here.

Really well managed game from both sides, especially Cleveland.

1-0 win with Miller only going 1 1/3 with 17 pitches. Serious credit to Shaw and Tomlin. Will be interesting to see how Kluber pulls up tomorrow.

Really well managed game from both sides, especially Cleveland.

1-0 win with Miller only going 1 1/3 with 17 pitches. Serious credit to Shaw and Tomlin. Will be interesting to see how Kluber pulls up tomorrow.
Klubers as cool as a cucumber. I had Cleveland penciled in to win tomorrow and lose tonight but now that they were able to take this one i think they can pull it off for sure.

CHI Cubs:
Theo Epstein, Pres.
Jon Lester, SP
John Lackey, SP
David Ross, C

Cleveland:
Tito Francona, MGR
Andrew Miller, RP
Mike Napoli, 1B
Coco Crisp, CF

All of the above are former Red Sox WS winners. Great series so far. Got to go with Tito!

Not like they chose their names.

Mookie Wilson's real name is William. Coco Crisp's real name is Covelli. They're just nicknames for ball players. We see it in every sport and have for years.

Now...if my mayor or congressman went by "Mookie," or "Coco," then I'd get behind Tune's point a bit more. Unless of course, either one were the famous ball players. ;)

Mookie Wilson's real name is William. Coco Crisp's real name is Covelli. They're just nicknames for ball players. We see it in every sport and have for years.

Now...if my mayor or congressman went by "Mookie," or "Coco," then I'd get behind Tune's point a bit more. Unless of course, either one were the famous ball players. ;)

"Baseball players have strange names. Now Whos on First, Whats on second, I Dont Knows on third..."

really either team winning is good for me. the both really deserve it. one team has theo, the other francona.

Lots of love for both guys. wish they were both still here.
You can thank Larry Lucchino for undermining Theo and intentionally attempting to destroy Tito's character and professionalism. A despicable man.

Coco Crisp is still playing?????
My exact thoughts when he got up to pinch hit (and got a clutch hit)! I looked him up & he's 36. Nice that he is playing with Tito.

And that game was great. You'd think a 1-0 pitching duel would be boring, but the tension was so high each time somebody got up!

My exact thoughts when he got up to pinch hit (and got a clutch hit)! I looked him up & he's 36. Nice that he is playing with Tito.

And that game was great. You'd think a 1-0 pitching duel would be boring, but the tension was so high each time somebody got up!

Thats what the NFL doesn't get.

There is grace and excellence in low scoring games. 1-0, 2-1 and 3-2 games in the NHL and MLB are great.

Watching pitchers when they are dealing is awesome. Great defensive plays like the DP the Cubs turned in the 5th is awesome stuff.

Watching a goalie stand on his head making saves is also great hockey.

There is a balance in basketball. I hate the all-star 172-165 games but a nice 107-106 game when there is nice balance of good shooting, defense and passing along with great half-court and transition play is entertaining.

NFL....well rounded, well played competitive games are more rare these days.

You can thank Larry Lucchino for undermining Theo and intentionally attempting to destroy Tito's character and professionalism. A despicable man.

They should melt down Lucchino's rings with his fingers still in them.

They should melt down Lucchino's rings with his fingers still in them.

I blame Henry and Werner just as much. For political reasons they sided with an aging executive who force-fed Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez down his throat when it was proven twice here and again in CHI that Theo is one of the best execs in baseball and Tito is possibly in the top 3 in best managers in the game.

I think Dombrowski is an overrated baseball guy and as we all know Farrell is quite possibly one of the worst in-game tactical managers inthe game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back