PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RIP Brooks Robinson

Patsfan1958

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I know he's not a Red Sox player but he's certainly a baseball icon. For me Brooks was my only baseball idol besides Red Sox players (Yaz,Tony Conigliaro). I was a 3rd baseman throughout my years of playing organized baseball. I wanted to be Brooks. I loved watching him in the field, he made great plays look almost effortless.

RIP Brooks

Hall of Fame 3B, O's star Brooks Robinson dies

Grew up in Baltimore, long time Orioles fan. Brooks was and still is my favorite Oriole. I moved away in the 80’s. I met him at a business seminar years after he retired. I actually travelled back to Baltimore for it. He was speaking about motivation. And doing it without appearing ****y. No fist pumps, no poses, no bat flips, just do your job and act like you’ve done it before and will do it again. Leadership through example.

BTW, I caught a foul ball in the 1st base mezzanine leaning over the railing. Rex Barney did come on the intercom and say give that fan a contract. An usher came by asked if I was all right and took down my name and address. A week later I received an Orioles contract signed by the owner at that time, Edward Bennett Williams.

Grew up in Baltimore, long time Orioles fan. Brooks was and still is my favorite Oriole. I moved away in the 80’s. I met him at a business seminar years after he retired. I actually travelled back to Baltimore for it. He was speaking about motivation. And doing it without appearing ****y. No fist pumps, no poses, no bat flips, just do your job and act like you’ve done it before and will do it again. Leadership through example.

BTW, I caught a foul ball in the 1st base mezzanine leaning over the railing. Rex Barney did come on the intercom and say give that fan a contract. An usher came by asked if I was all right and took down my name and address. A week later I received an Orioles contract signed by the owner at that time, Edward Bennett Williams.
I remember watching him when I was a kid. I can't recall seeing a better 3rd baseman.

Your story reminds me of the time that Johnny U came to speak to our HS class and gave us a similar speech.

Ah, the good old days.

RIP Brooks.

I remember watching him when I was a kid. I can't recall seeing a better 3rd baseman.

Your story reminds me of the time that Johnny U came to speak to our HS class and gave us a similar speech.

Ah, the good old days.

RIP Brooks.
Johnny Unitas. Every kid in Baltimore had a Johnny U flattop haircut.
The good old days….these players, the heroes of our youth, lived and worked among us. Many had off season jobs and were regular people. They were working class. I think that made them humble. Several Colts and Orioles lived in my row home community about 5 miles from Memorial stadium.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back