PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Go Cubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too many people alive seen either (caption obvious) on the Cubs

I think the Cubs/Indians would be the best for baseball, ratings and bringing back some fans

They have them back.

MLB ratings, attendance and revenue is the highest in years.

As much as it would be seemingly great to see the long suffering Cubs finally win a World Series, I can't do that yet.

I still remember the theft of Theo Epstein by the Cubs, in a deal in which the Red Sox were supposed to get significant compensation.

That never happened, and the Cubs finally sent some scrub minor league pitcher as the supposed compensation. Not surprisingly that pitCher proved to never be more than minor league fodder.

As much as it would be seemingly great to see the long suffering Cubs finally win a World Series, I can't do that yet.

I still remember the theft of Theo Epstein by the Cubs, in a deal in which the Red Sox were supposed to get significant compensation.

That never happened, and the Cubs finally sent some scrub minor league pitcher as the supposed compensation. Not surprisingly that pitCher proved to never be more than minor league fodder.
I blame the Red Sox.

The should have canned Lucchino and promoted Theo.

Henry and Werner blew it.

Cherrington is the luckiest GM who ever lived.

Go Cubbies!

I have a friend who works for the Cubs so I'm rooting for them.

That said, Cleveland hasn't won since 1948, so I'm good with Tito winning too. LOL

Win win

I'm rooting for the cubs in this series but after that it doesn't matter to me. Should be a fun WS to watch.

Mrs. Rover is a Mets fan and hates the Cubs... due both to Leo Durocher, and that in 1971, Fergie Jenkins won the Cy Young over Tom Seaver. She's a well balanced Irish ginger...

she's got a chip on both shoulders. LOL

I didn't like the Adrian Gonzalez trade at the time, that cost the Sox the same Anthony Rizzo, who just went deep,

I'm a big fan of Francona, but the Cubs winning would be Ruth II - The executive.

You've got to go with the sequel.

I can't be the only one who thinks it would be funny to lose game 7 of the World Series in a walkoff. Every Cub fan I have ever met has been a prick.

I have no problem watching a Cubs collapse.

Problem is this team is legit. Great pitching. Great defense. Good hitting. Great manager. Swagger all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down