Welcome to PatsFans.com

Notes from Jetsinsider

Discussion in 'Visiting Locker Room' started by AzPatsFan, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan On the Roster

Ratings:
    +235 / 22 / -10

To shwo you where th e differnce in Pats fans attitudes and Jets Fans are.

A prominent post on Jetsinsider sask the query:

Are the Jerts better than 2009 or 2010.

A consensnus seems to say that "We lost quite a bit of talent, but certain "intangibles" will outweigh the loss of talent at various positions like WR, and RS, and maybe RB, and RT, and several positions on the Defensive line."

The intangibles are a third season of Wrecks Coaching. Plus the mystical feeling that Sanchize will be better with lesser talent around him to throw to, and a more porous O-line, and lesser talent at RB.

Although many said that Wrecks blitzes were being o****ered by more teams as the second season wore on. However he will certainly develop new blitzes that will intimidate and fool everyone.

I certainly agree the overall Jets talent is a lot less and older. But I do agree than Sanchize should improve in his third year as a starter. He might complete as much as 55% of his pass attempts, too.
  2. RodThePat

RodThePat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So how exactly is their attitude different? Had we had significant losses in this offseason you just know most people here would try to spin a tale of how the team would progress in spite of it. Those kind of statements by Jets fans are no more homeristic and deluded than a lot of stuff you read here everyday.
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

Where are the threads on the Bills ???
  4. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 21 / -26

Probably on the boards of teams who consider them a contender and were knocked out of the playoffs by them last year.
  5. Observer

Observer Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Exactly!

As though the obsession with the Jets team was not enough already, we are starting discussions about the fans now? Its looking pathetic.
  6. patfanken

patfanken On the Roster

Ratings:
    +640 / 17 / -8

#91 Jersey

Actually I'm hoping some decent Jet fans will come over here to post and argue for their team. I refuse to post at JI anymore. It once was a good site to interject some opinions when they had threads that discuss the Pats. However in recent years the site has driven away most of their best posters, and the few that remain are constantly badgered by the gang of internet "tough guys" who demand to see only the "Party Line". its like the USSR in the 50's over there.

If you are a Jet fan at JI currently then:

Plax is a huge upgrade over Edwards (despite the fact that he's slow and hasn't played the game in over 2 years)

The DL is better (despite the fact that they lost their best DLman and ASSUME that their 2 DL draftees will immediately start and be great)

They have no problem at LB (despite the fact they 3 of the are over 30, have underperformed their contracts had have been in decline recently)

The 2ndary is better - Even though they added no one new.

Their OL is better (even though they lost Woody, Slauson is a JAG and DuCasse a bust (so far)

Sanchez WILL be better (despite the fact his OL, WRs, and TEs aren't as good as they have been)

Now the fact is that Sanchez COULD be better, but Jet fans are COUNTING on him being able to CARRY his team a la Tom Brady. That AIN'T happenin'
  7. NEGoldenAge

NEGoldenAge Banned

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Who did the Pats lose this offseason who was a contributor last year? They also added some real talent with the draft and free agency and have a bunch of guys coming back from injury. Who is delusional? :bricks:
  8. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

If that's the case at Jets Insider, then I find their other board Gang Green to be much more reasonable. Obviously they have their share of homers, but they seem much more level-headed and realistic about how the team has changed since last year. Not that we should be talking about this on a Pats board in the first place :bricks:
  9. kkpat

kkpat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Jets signed Derrick Mason. They are improving upon WRs definitely.
  10. RodThePat

RodThePat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Unless this is sarcasm, you really should have read my post more carefully.
  11. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,700 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

Used to read JI but Ken is spot on. Always over the top it was once entertaining but now it's strict party line and over the top irrational. Also dominated by homophobes with serious psychological projection going on with all things Brady and Pats. A couple "Brady is gay" comments now and then can even be humorous but continuous strident perverse homophobic hatred is not.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  12. NEGoldenAge

NEGoldenAge Banned

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Whoops, I misread. You're still wrong tho. There's a ton of folks here who are very critical of the pats. Go take a look at the record prediction thread. Most folks predicted a worse record than last year even though we added much and lost little. Sure, we have our share of homers, but it's not even close to the mass delusion consistently expressed on Jets boards.
  13. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,700 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

Guilty as charged.
    I thought 12-4 as my best outlook with 11-5 likely
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

Nothing personal ken but you are attempting to rationalize the Jet's fans. The fans who anoint themselves Super Bowl contenders year after year. The same fans who post threads about having their hearts ripped out year after year. Lastly the same fans who thought Favre would lead them to the promised land. These are not rational people - 42 years is a lifetime.
  15. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 16 / -21

heh...the demise of JI can be directly linked to two of their members...Vin the pinhead and Slikmojet...one should be behind bars, the other in a rubber room...
  16. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,587 / 68 / -72

Disable Jersey

To borrow RodThePat's question:

How's that different from what's happened here?
  17. LuthierJr

LuthierJr Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

sg3 runs a close 3rd then!
  18. JetsfaninPeace

JetsfaninPeace Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

----I responded to your other points in the quoted area. I was a tard and didn't separate it out right.
    --No Jet fan is counting on Sanchez to CARRY this team. If they do then again, they are delusional. As long as Rex is this teams head coach, that will never be the case with the defense we should have. He merely needs to be average and not throw costly interceptions, and we will be fine.

And No problem man. I love talking objective football on other teams message boards. Finally got a username here after it took me 2 weeks to get activated. Look forward to talking smack for the weeks to come with you guys.
  19. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

this thread serves no useful purpose. Calling out posters at JI leads to others make stupid comments.

! poster was banned and another give infraction- let's end this.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.