PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL scout on Garoppolo: Bill thinks he's got the next great one

Status
Not open for further replies.
In another format of that article I saw, the former player is quoted as wanting to remain anonymous because he may want to come back sometime. That to me rules out Collins and Long.
OOO OOO OOO!! I know! It's Big Vince! :D

so we agree there is nothing at all saying a first round pick was ever offered.
No- We do not. She just didn't state it as fact. She couched it

Reiss does this all the time. He couches things he heard in the locker room or via conversations with his network that are off the record or otherwise as "I think" or "If I had my guess"....

That is almost impossible and maybe not even almost.
He is going to want up front guaranteed money. That would be charged to the patriots if they sign and. trade.
Why would he have any interest in negotiating.a contract with the patriots to be traded when he will be a free agent.
If you are going to go sign with a new team why would you be complicit in doing it in a way that your old team gets something from your new team? It's shooting your self in the foot.

This is one of the biggest reasons why the talk of Garrapolo replacing Brady is total fantasy. There is no way Garrapolo agrees to a new deal, especially after Brady signs a new extension.

I am a bit confused by this whole thread. Bill thinks he has the next great one? What about the current great one who currently has a cap hit that is less than half of all QBs in the league. Brady's contract is Pats secret sauce!

No- We do not. She just didn't state it as fact. She couched it

Reiss does this all the time. He couches things he heard in the locker room or via conversations with his network that are off the record or otherwise as "I think" or "If I had my guess"....
so in other words all you have to do is take what she said and say that's not what she meant then totally invent something you say she meant that supports your argument and boom you have proof.

I know you know this and just can't admit you are wrong but you are digging a deeper hole with every post.

MKC reported the Browns offered #12
We can agree this is not correct right?
Because you just admitted she didn't state it but that you read it between the lines.

I don't think Reiss does this at all.
But if he does his sources must suck because his predictions are terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
so in other words all you have to do is take what she said and say that's not what she meant then totally invent something you say she meant that supports your argument and boom you have proof.

I know you know this and just can't admit you are wrong but you are digging a deeper hole with every post.
You chose not to believe what she meant. Because I believe she has a tremendous amount of familiarity with the situation, I believe her reporting and how she is couching it.

I couldn't care less if you think I am digging myself in a hole. You should know me by now I don't back down from what I believe.

I will just point out I think keeping JG after this year and then letting him walk if Brady is still playing well is the worst idea of the bunch.

This is because there are very few years where you can get a potentially good QB at the end of round 1 or round 2 and not just get plain lucky. The 2014 draft was such a situation.

Bortles, Bridgewater, Carr, JG (I thought Manziel was a huge mistake but was highly touted i suppose).

That 2014 year was a big year for QBs and the Pats took advantage. Yes I know only 2 might have long careers with Bridgewater being injured and Bortles seeming like more of a stat producer than a winner but still this was a very good year.

2018 is such a year and if the Pats don't take advantage who knows when the next QB heavy draft will come around? If you don't take advantage of such drafts you are just hoping to hit a Wilson or Prescott or Brady which can happen but not the same odds. If they hold on to Both Brady/JG after this year then they miss a great chance to get the next good young QB in here and that could be an issue if you can't say no to keeping Brady and then he only plays 2-3 years after that and no other drafts like that come along.

Jets fan disinformation

@robertweathers

I feel for you man. You seem to be getting treated badly in this thread and I don't see why. Well I do I suppose... Sometimes you even mention the fact BB might move on from Brady and people freak out. If you try to bring up anything that says it could be a possibility they get angry. I think on the whole you have been pretty fair with your thoughts in this thread IMO. I don't agree on every single point but i rarely agree with every single point with anyway :p

Doesn't mean we need to jump down each others throats about it.

Also personally i think it was clear the Browns were more than willing to trade the #12 pick for JG and it was reported by multiple sources. When there is so much smoke it is hard to believe there was no fire.

You chose not to believe what she meant.
No I choose to not believe the meaning you created out of thin air.

[quoting]Because I believe she has a tremendous amount of familiarity with the situation, I believe her reporting and how she is couching it.[/quote]
No you don't. You dismiss her reporting which was very specific. She specific said if the patriots would take 12 she thinks the browns MAY CONSIDER IT.
First there is no need to "couch" and secondly if she felt that need she would say "I think the browns are offering #12". Saying something entirely different is not couching, it's saying something entirely different.
I couldn't care less if you think I am digging myself in a hole. You should know me by now I don't back down from what I believe.
And therein lies the problem. You want to believe something and despite every fact staring you in the face that there is no proof of it whatsoever you twist and make things up because you won't back down.

Yiy said she STATED 12 was offered. A few times.
Instead of admitting that us wrong you moved the goalposts to say she really did because you know what she meant when she said something else.

Maybe they did offer 12. In not saying they didn't. But there is no proof whatsoever that they did and what has been accepted as proof is an opinion that doesn't even say in her opinion they did.

It depends on how we define "dropping 10%." If it is about results or stats, then perhaps. If it is about decision making, or strength, or accuracy, then that kind of drop might make him the worst QB in the league.

Exactly. The NFL is a game of inches. You lose 5% off your fastball and now maybe those lasers to the sideline or over the middle that were just past the DBs' outstretched fingers now get knocked down or intercepted more often. A 5% speed loss (which in absolute terms isn't a big decline) could potentially affect outcomes by much more than 5%.

The point is that Brady doesn't need to some sort of massive physical collapse to have a marked decline in output.

Now hopefully that doesn't happen for years. But Belichick would be an idiot not to worry about and hedge against it.

There is no way Garrapolo agrees to a new deal, especially after Brady signs a new extension.
There's something I'll agree with you on. If Brady does sign an extension, JG is unquestionably gone.

I will just point out I think keeping JG after this year and then letting him walk if Brady is still playing well is the worst idea of the bunch.

This is because there are very few years where you can get a potentially good QB at the end of round 1 or round 2 and not just get plain lucky. The 2014 draft was such a situation.

Bortles, Bridgewater, Carr, JG (I thought Manziel was a huge mistake but was highly touted i suppose).

That 2014 year was a big year for QBs and the Pats took advantage. Yes I know only 2 might have long careers with Bridgewater being injured and Bortles seeming like more of a stat producer than a winner but still this was a very good year.

2018 is such a year and if the Pats don't take advantage who knows when the next QB heavy draft will come around? If you don't take advantage of such drafts you are just hoping to hit a Wilson or Prescott or Brady which can happen but not the same odds. If they hold on to Both Brady/JG after this year then they miss a great chance to get the next good young QB in here and that could be an issue if you can't say no to keeping Brady and then he only plays 2-3 years after that and no other drafts like that come along.
Don't worry that can't happen.
JAG will not willingly remain a backup.
The patriots will not pay the franchise tag to a backup which is the only way to force him to stay.

@robertweathers

I feel for you man. You seem to be getting treated badly in this thread and I don't see why. Well I do I suppose... Sometimes you even mention the fact BB might move on from Brady and people freak out. If you try to bring up anything that says it could be a possibility they get angry. I think on the whole you have been pretty fair with your thoughts in this thread IMO. I don't agree on every single point but i rarely agree with every single point with anyway :p

Also personally i think it was clear the Browns were more than willing to trade the #12 pick for JG and it was reported by multiple sources. When there is so much smoke it is hard to believe there was no fire.
Please show me one of those multiple sources that confirmed the browns offered the #12 pick. That would end the discussion. Showing me one that says I think they might consider offering it, and claiming that is proof they did, is what got the thread where it is.

@robertweathers

I like and respect RW but when it comes to those saying they should move to Garrapolo after this season I'm going to respond strongly that it is an idiotic idea, and I don't see why anyone should be treated with kid gloves when they bring up a completely idiotic idea. However to be fair to RW he made it clear as the thread went on that he agrees that they shouldn't consider moving on from Brady as long as he is playing at an elite level, which has been my standpoint since this crap began after the Chiefs game in 2014.

Beyond this it's time for the Garrapolo supporters to explain why Garrapolo shouldn't be expected to win the job from Brady, as they seem to believe that Garrapolo should simply be handed the job, rather than winning it on his own. And I once again don't see why they should get a pass on this when it is a supremely stupid point of view.

As far as keeping Garrapolo for 2017 Belichick knows he has a great team and keeping a capable back up gives them more insurance for another Lombardi. It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

If the Garrapolo supported are upset about getting beaten down when they call to move Brady and keep Garrapolo then should make a solid argument for their point. To date not one Garrapolo supporter has been able to make any kind of fact based case to support their position, so it's their own fault they are taking a beating when they bring this up, and every thread on this matter has been started by someone who wants Garrapolo to get Brady's job, none were started by Brady supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back