PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL scout on Garoppolo: Bill thinks he's got the next great one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah if he's that great him or Brady are gone next year "great ones" don't stick around and play hold the clipboard forever.

Not in the days when top 16 at the quarterback position gets $22m+ a season.

It's a fact to which you agreed.
You literally just said there would be no reason for them to tell her.
For the record, yes. I said that earlier and you forgot.

No. Nice try
So let me understand this.

You believe that the browns discussed what trade offer they were willing to make with Mary Kay Cabot.
But she wouldn't write that instead she would write that she thinks they would consider it.
But after telling her what they planned to offer they decided to not tell her whether they did or not.

Ok.

So let me understand this.

You believe that the browns discussed what trade offer they were willing to make with Mary Kay Cabot.
But she wouldn't write that instead she would write that she thinks they would consider it.
But after telling her what they planned to offer they decided to not tell her whether they did or not.

Ok.
You got it!

Here's my guess/hope:

Brady tells coach "Give me 2 more years to get #6 and I'm done."

What do I base this on? Nothing really...

1. BB looks like the cat that swallowed the canary.
I believe Schefter; that they were not really entertaining offers for JG. When has BB ever not had a plan in place?
Lombardi said something to the effect "If Garoppolo is as good as everyone in the building believes he his."
BB does have the next best thing.
Look how quickly/cheaply he cuts bait on other QB's (although he really doesn't have a third option yet).

2. I believe the rumblings out of the Brady camp.
Giselle is putting pressure on Tom to hang it up. The concussion thing is real, just not official. I had a friend that played HS linebacker and he said at least once per game he didn't know where he was.

I want to see Brady go out on top like Elway.
I don't ever want to see Brady in another uniform.
I don't want to see Brady linger past his prime like Montana or Bobby Orr.
I want to see a healthy Tom Brady enjoy his lovely wife and family in good health.

I want to see all the other 31 teams and fans piss their pants when they realize it doesn't end with Tom Brady.
Young wasn't Montana. He was different.
Great points. For those that believe JG is unproven, they're saying he hasn't proven himself to them. Belichick knows what he has. There is no doubt in his mind on that.

After seeing Brady practice for just one year, Belichick was pretty sure what he had. The positive for Patriot fans is that Belichick knows how good JG is and will be.

What he doesn't know is how often he'll get injured. But that applies to any NFL player including TB12

They were willing to trade him for a king's ransom, which they knew no one would pay. Maybe it's semantics. The Browns did have the draft capital to acquire him.

The way I remember it is that Schefter reported that JG wasn't going anywhere and then got adamant about it when he was interviewed on WEEI. Someone from the Pats had to give Schefter that information. He has been correct from the very beginning.

Regardless of what happens in the future, BB solved the problem optimally for 2017.

And, kept the option of having JG be the starter in 2018 if Brady declines/injured/retires.

And looking at the Pats last 2 first rounders(Brown and Easley), adding a 1st round pick to the team would not improve them too much.

Unless you assume that the Pats would pick a superstar player(fans have a tendancy to overrate unproven draft picks; see Jake Bequette) its pretty easy to see why BB kept JG.

You specifically said Brady may not be the QB for all of 2017. Your words.

Yes, my words. TB may not be the QB for all of 2017 and that is a fact. I also asked you if you knew for certain he would be the QB for all of 2017. Your translation of was that I was saying BB will bench Tom Brady. That made it obvious to me you prefer typing over reading.

I really don't care if you chose to pick a sentence out of 3 or 4 posts and completely misinterpret the overall opinion because you only chose to read one, but before you respond to this please at least read post #63

JG has a long way to go before he should be considered "great" by anyone. That is if he is not fragile which is another problem.

Agree. Saying he has all the tangibles to be great is is not considering him great. It's my opinion BB has seen enough to know he won't turn into a Ryan Leaf and is closer to the other side of the spectrum. But who knows. If I had my way TB12 would be the QB of the Patriots for ever. But the ideal situation is the Favre/Rogers scenario at some point (but when TB is done and without all the drama).

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Yes, my words. TB may not be the QB for all of 2017 and that is a fact. I also asked you if you knew for certain he would be the QB for all of 2017. Your translation of was that I was saying BB will bench Tom Brady. That made it obvious to me you prefer typing over reading.

I really don't care if you chose to pick a sentence out of 3 or 4 posts and completely misinterpret the overall opinion because you only chose to read one, but before you respond to this please at least read post #63
How is Brady not the QB unless BB benches him? Do you expect him to retire?

Maybe you should spend less time trying to analyze posters and more time being clear about whatever you are trying to say.

How is Brady not the QB unless BB benches him? Do you expect him to retire?

If you've read post #63 (as I ask you to in the post you just quoted) and you still ask this question unfortunately there is no hope.

It's probably easier for you if you continue to imagine I said BB should bench TB12.

If you've read post #63 (as I ask you to in the post you just quoted) and you still ask this question unfortunately there is no hope.

It's probably easier for you if you continue to imagine I said BB should bench TB12.
Post numbers do not show up in my phone so I have no way of knowing what you are referring to

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back