PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Tampa Bay Bucs unis are horrid!

You're the first, and probably only person I'll ever hear say that.

This is one of the worst uniforms I've ever seen, this is some AFL level ****.

I don't think they're that bad either....so here's a second...but like I said in the Nike pats uni thread, I like futuristic stuff.

I agree with one of the talk-backers who said people just don't like change. When has any NFL made a major redesign to their uniform and had it met with a positive response (other than a team going back to an earlier version, like the Jets did)...? They criticized the Jags redesign, they criticized the Dolphins redesign, they criticized the Broncos redesign, they criticized the Seahawks uniform change, etc.... even the Patriots logo change of over 20 years ago was widely condemned (but not quite as loudly since there was no internet in widespread use and talk radio was still pre-infancy).... and then everyone got used to all those new uniforms and they became widely accepted.

It's common in the NBA. Before they moved to OKC, the Sonics' last major uniform redesign was much better than the previous one. The Nets' new uniform is way better than the old one. The Jazz, Timberwolves, Mavericks, Heat, Blazers, etc. etc.

For the NFL, I like the Dolphins' new uniforms more than the old ones, the Patriots' 2001-present uniforms are better than the mid-late 90s ones, the Seahawks' current uniforms are better than their old ones, the Jaguars' current uniforms are better than the ones that came before, etc.

This uniform is just really, really bad though.

It's common in the NBA. Before they moved to OKC, the Sonics' last major uniform redesign was much better than the previous one. The Nets' new uniform is way better than the old one. The Jazz, Timberwolves, Mavericks, Heat, Blazers, etc. etc.

For the NFL, I like the Dolphins' new uniforms more than the old ones, the Patriots' 2001-present uniforms are better than the mid-late 90s ones, the Seahawks' current uniforms are better than their old ones, the Jaguars' current uniforms are better than the ones that came before, etc.

This uniform is just really, really bad though.

:eek:
char10

I do not like the helmet. The flag is too big imo and the font is atrocious. I do agree with others about people being resistant to change though... when the Jags new uni came out I thought it was atrocious too as well as the new logo. However, it has grown on me and now think it looks pretty good, likewise with the Seahawks uni's. I wonder if I will think the same about these uni's this time next year... I do think the Pats need to do something with their uni's.

The first thought that came to mind when I saw this new uni was "XFL"...

xfl01-semis.png

then I remembered NFL Europe...........

monarchs_110503_WIDE.jpg

really, though, what does it matter?...just like certain ADHD riddled posters in this thread insist...make any kind of garish uniform as long as its "fresh" because the same old uniform is boring...you gotta spice up the game!!!! extra points from 50 yards?..GREAT IDEA!!! ...sooner than we want to admit, what was once the NFL will morph into a nearly unrecognizable bastardization of the game our grandfathers, fathers, us and our kids enjoyed every Sunday...

LFL.jpg

that being said, I still watch THIS....

really, though, what does it matter?...just like certain ADHD riddled posters in this thread insist...make any kind of garish uniform as long as its "fresh" because the same old uniform is boring...you gotta spice up the game!!!! extra points from 50 yards?..GREAT IDEA!!! ...sooner than we want to admit, what was once the NFL will morph into a nearly unrecognizable bastardization of the game our grandfathers, fathers, us and our kids enjoyed every Sunday...

LFL.jpg

that being said, I still watch THIS....
I think it's time they freshened up that uniform a tad ... rainbow G-string thongs, perhaps?

Unlike some here, I am not in favor of returning to Pat Patriot. That was a moribund franchise. The winning tradition really started with Bob Kraft, blue jerseys and the Flying Elvis. That is the look that should prevail, IMO. Update and simplify it, if anything.

Seriously, I agree. The Flying Elvis has become the symbol of this franchises' success. When opposing football fans see that Flying Elvis logo they are filled with hate, fear, loathing, because they know they might lose.

I think Pat Patriot gave a little too much of the 'lovable loser' vibe. At least that's what those uniforms will be remembered for. And I think most of that era would like to wipe out the memory of the 1985 Bowl embarrassment to the Bears. The same way Peyton Manning would love to wipe out his recent memory of getting shellacked to the Seahawks!

I understand teams wanting to reinvent themselves, to create a new 'brand'. But they have to at least attempt to be somewhat tasteful about it. The Seahawks new uniform has a modern edge to it but it doesn't look cheap and trashy like the new Bucs uni. Back to the drawing board guys, and change those awful numbers before they hit the actual production stage!!

Those uniforms are just:

1367055181974.gif

I love the attempt to make it seem that those who don't like it when uniforms are replaced by ugly new uniforms are somehow just against change. It's the response that says "I have no taste, and I have no retort, so I'll just try to make it insulting to like the status quo".

Newflash: People opposing ugly new uniforms isn't about hating change. It's about not liking ugly new uniforms.

You're the first, and probably only person I'll ever hear say that.

This is one of the worst uniforms I've ever seen, this is some AFL level ****.

I like everything about the Bucs uniforms except the digital clock numerals. Those numerals have a weird '80s feel to them. Otherwise, they're more modern than the current ones.

The Patriots uniforms have kept up with more modern design about as well as any team in the NFL

I love the attempt to make it seem that those who don't like it when uniforms are replaced by ugly new uniforms are somehow just against change. It's the response that says "I have no taste, and I have no retort, so I'll just try to make it insulting to like the status quo".

Newflash: People opposing ugly new uniforms isn't about hating change. It's about not liking ugly new uniforms.

Q: How ignorant is it to say that if you don't like the new uniform, you just don't like change?

A: About as ignorant as saying that people who like it have no taste.

Q: How ignorant is it to say that if you don't like the new uniform, you just don't like change?

I want to call him out for being hypocritical because all he's doing is once again attacking the people that disagreed with him.. but Im stuck at him being right. Its an ugly uniform.

And you get it wrong.

"Those uniforms are ugly and people who like them have no taste." That's my opinion, and taste is understood to be a personal thing.
"You're afraid of change." That's an attempt to claim a factual reason for diminishing one's opposition.

Critiquing taste is, clearly, being subjective about preference. Saying that people who don't like the new unis are that way because they oppose change is an attempt to "objectively" analyze their reasoning in a derogatory manner.

Then again, you defended those abominations, so why am I trying to be reasonable with you? :p ;)

Lingerie+Bowl+Press+Conference+aMstKHm_cfZl.jpg

One of the best uniforms evah! And they play football too!

I think they did a great job, actually. Those unis practically scream "losing record."

I think they did a great job, actually. Those unis practically scream "losing record."

I beg to differ...they scream.."lost virginity and loving it!"

And you get it wrong.

"Those uniforms are ugly and people who like them have no taste." That's my opinion, and taste is understood to be a personal thing.
"You're afraid of change." That's an attempt to claim a factual reason for diminishing one's opposition.

Critiquing taste is, clearly, being subjective about preference. Saying that people who don't like the new unis are that way because they oppose change is an attempt to "objectively" analyze their reasoning in a derogatory manner.

Then again, you defended those abominations, so why am I trying to be reasonable with you? :p ;)

Alright, I'm just going to drop it because I don't think either of us really care as much as we're letting on.

I really liked the last version of the Bucs uniforms. The new ones are nearly as bad as the original.

9 months from now, they'll be perfectly normal looking and we will all be used to them and will forget there was ever even any controversy.
:confused: A photo is one thing. Seeing those clown suits in live action should make the team even easier to boo.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back