PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New media buzz word for BB: "Arrogant"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
In the last two days I have heard 3 media people use the word "arrogant" in describing BB.

Last night on NEST Alan Greenberg used it, Gary tanguay used it( but I don't know if he knows what he's saying half the time). Then this morning on WEEI, both John Dennis and Callahan used it.

I haven't seen it in print yet, but maybe some of you have.

It seems that that the main gripe that they have with BB is that he is not answering questions regarding Adam leaving. They want him to say if he was "surprised " or not. They want him to say if he made a "mistake" or not.

Let's say BB plays their game and admits tha he was "surprised" or under estimated the situation with Adam. Does that change anything?

So what! BB is not perfect and he does not handle every situation perfectly. Does it do any good to hold a press conference and say those things? It would only give the media something to blab about for a couple of weeks.

For the love of @$#...Boston Media GET OVER YOURSELVES! :mad:

What the hell do they want BB to do? CRY? "Oh woe is me, I lost Adam Vinatieri." Would that make them feel better?

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
In the last two days I have heard 3 media people use the word "arrogant" in describing BB.

In the last two days I have heard many, many people use the words "&%$#@! idiots" in describing media people - - - so it all balances out in the end.
:D :D :D

What can we do?

Why must they continue to try to destroy the persona of the best coach there ever was - it is just aggravting to me.

Patsfans.com - we really need to think of a way to express our appreciation of what BB has done (and is continuing to do) for our favorite football team. I really could care less about making the media look bad (they do a good enough job all by themselves in that regard).

I just think a message of support / appreciation / loyalty / understanding of where BB is coming from (that being nothing personal, just trying to do what is best at all times for this football team - winning football games) our little group might be nice and maybe even appreciated. Any ideas??

Well, if I coached a team to 3 super bowl titles I would be just a little arrogant as well. :rocker:

re

Does the Boston media even understand why the Patriots have been winning? The Pats and Steelers follow a similar spending philosophy, and they have won the past 4/5 superbowls.

It is unbelievable that people are taking shots at BB. Who cares what happens in the first month of free agency?

BB should just say what actually transpired and allow them (the media) to run with it however they see fit.

I don't think BB should be worried about what they print about him at this stage of the game. At least I would hope that he's secure enough to believe so.

perhaps "arrogant" is a word that should be used more often to describe the "media".

yeah i saw nest last nite too..one of the funniest questions from tanguay .."how long of a leash does kraft give belichick " in case this season is not sucessful...

Last edited:
maverick4 said:
Does the Boston media even understand why the Patriots have been winning? The Pats and Steelers follow a similar spending philosophy, and they have won the past 4/5 superbowls.

It is unbelievable that people are taking shots at BB. Who cares what happens in the first month of free agency?

tell you what ..if the pats dont have a successful season..the same media members will hound him again..and god forbid if he leaves (since technically he is still in the final yr of the contract)..we will hear the media say "BB wasnt the only reason we won" ...just like they do with everyone else.

These guys all need a life, what do you expect of BB, he is the same and has not deviated since he has been here. Judge him next January, we do not even know how this team is going to look in September...the media in this town has turned into a bunch of ass clowns, all trying to get into the limelight for their 5 minutes of fame at BB's expense. They perceive a weakness and act like a bunch of jackals on the Savannah...

Here is my theory on BB: I think the man struggles with moderate to low-grade depression. Depressed people are not naturally gregarious, often are socially withdrawn, and exhibit behavior that may be construed as "arrogant" but is actually just the opposite. A lot of what I've seen in BB's public behavior -- press conferences, TV appearances, etc. -- suggest a man who must put extra effort into personal interaction that does not come to him naturally. BB is just not that good with "people" in general, but it's probably not his fault. He seems to have become more aware of this and made strides with it since his Cleveland days, but my sense is that he still struggles with it. He's also going through a divorce, by the way.

PATSNUTme said:

Funny, I've been hearing people call him that for the past 5 years :-D

Tunescribe said:
Here is my theory on BB: I think the man struggles with moderate to low-grade depression. Depressed people are not naturally gregarious, often are socially withdrawn, and exhibit behavior that may be construed as "arrogant" but is actually just the opposite. A lot of what I've seen in BB's public behavior -- press conferences, TV appearances, etc. -- suggest a man who must put extra effort into personal interaction that does not come to him naturally. BB is just not that good with "people" in general, but it's probably not his fault. He seems to have become more aware of this and made strides with it since his Cleveland days, but my sense is that he still struggles with it. He's also going through a divorce, by the way.

Or maybe he is a person that loves to work hard and doesn't like the bull****.

There are such people.

People suffering depression usually perform below their capabilities.

I don't think that fits BB.

DefenseRules said:
For the love of @$#...Boston Media GET OVER YOURSELVES! :mad:

What the hell do they want BB to do? CRY? "Oh woe is me, I lost Adam Vinatieri." Would that make them feel better?

Right On Defense Rules!! Every time BB gets ripped for losing guys like Woody, Ted W., Joe Andruzzi, he doesn't cry enough, so that's taken as
arrogant. What a joke! If recent history says anything, he is right not to cry, because he'll just keep winning anyway.

Tunescribe said:
BB is just not that good with "people" in general, but it's probably not his fault. He seems to have become more aware of this and made strides with it since his Cleveland days, but my sense is that he still struggles with it. He's also going through a divorce, by the way.

I have to respectfully disagree. First of all, he isn't "going through a divorce". He's been divorced for several years. Second of all, most accounts say that Belichick's personal interacts are very cordial; he just isn't Prince Charming in news conferences and other media interviews.

Belichick knows that the best way to run a football club is to remember that the media is much more your enemy than your friend. He says nothing, gives them nothing, the Pats are completely air-tight (meaning they don't have any leaks) and he knows the mediots are the truly "duplicitous pond scum".

So the media hates him in return for his unwillingness to provide the sound bites and info they so desperately want. And I say screw them. Just look how much damage the Red Sox organization has suffered because of media leaks.

Tunescribe said:
I take offense at your 'arrogant' psycho-babel c**p. Sorry - but that's my reaction.

arrellbee said:
I take offense at your 'arrogant' psycho-babel c**p. Sorry - but that's my reaction.

It's just a theory. Anyway, seems like you've got some real anger issues. ;)

Tunescribe said:

My take is that Belichick is a Cylon, one of the 12 models but an early one where yah the compute stuff worked to spec but the emotional and personality modules needed an upgrade.

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:

I do see your point, but I'd be surprised if he is depressed. He is a type A personality, who is far too motivated to be depressed, IMO. Depressed people go through the motions in their jobs and it is clear that he doesn't do that. His gameday persona suggests otherwise as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back