PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Name the 1 (one) thing you would change about the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the over/under would be on a game like that since both teams would be trying to lose!!

Make the winner get #1, eliminates a game of safeties!

If both teams want to lose, it will only be safeties!

I wonder what the over/under would be on a game like that since both teams would be trying to lose!!

I dont think it would be set up that way. I think the winner of the game would get the first pick.

I recant my previous statement and go with banning Terrell Suggs

Make it offensive pass interference when a qb underthrows a reciever and said reciever runs back into the defensive back to get it.

Rather then the gift for a crap play that it is now.

Honorable mention, call illegal contact with something that resembles consistancy rather then the lottery it is now. (unless of course you are Revis and they just let you do it every down. That is pretty consistant)

Honorable mention number 2, no more spot fouls for pass interference. Max 15 yards.

I would have anyone who uses the phrase "system QB" thrown in prison

Oh, in particular, the Superbowl should be played on a Friday night or Saturday. Either that or the Monday after the superbowl should be a holiday.

I only have 1 problem with that. It makes Super sunday a holiday.

Sounds good until you think of other holidays.

Any of them have "traditions" like you "have to" have the centerpiece your child made in kindergarten, or you have to be nice to family members you have been trying to avoid all year instead of hanging with the friends you like. (You know, your sister telling you about how she found Christ in the kitchen and you nephew selling insurance in the living room.)

Ad to that having to buy the "perfect" gift or cook the "perfect" turkey...

If a tough Monday where my boss is as bad off as me is the cost of having a day to order a pizza, have a few beers, and watch TV -- so be it.

Oh as to the question, anything that puts back defense. This is glorified arena football.

Farm teams that play in the offseason. I dont give even a micro-crap about college games, bore the hell out of me because i have no rooting interest in any college but I'd never miss the springfield patriots kicking the syracuse jets's asses.

The one thing I would change is the referees. I would make them FULL TIME Refs and set it up that they'd be rated on both what they called and didn't call and the correctness of those calls.

Tied in with this, I'd make it so that the replay booth could buzz down and over-rule the Ref. Especially when it came to things like a roughing the QB call where the defensive player hit the QB ABOVE the knees and not late. There is plenty of time to watch a replay in between snaps.

But, MOST of all, I'd like to see the PI rules revamped. Particularly when it comes to whether or not the defensive player has his head turned for the ball. That is a remnant from the "faceguarding" rule that was pulled from the rulebooks years ago. A defensive player should be able to put his hand up without having to look at the ball and not get called for PI as long as he doesn't actually interfere with the offensive player (ie TOUCH the Offensive player). The other thing that needs to be addressed with the PI rule is that the Review booth should be able to tell the Ref if the Offensive player initiated the contact or if the defensive player did. The idea that the offensive player can, essentially, lunge in front of the defensive player even when the ball is un-catchable to draw a penalty is stupid. You can tell on 99.99% of the plays who initiated the contact.. Particularly in replay. And, again, the replay booth could do this rather quickly.

Make it offensive pass interference when a qb underthrows a reciever and said reciever runs back into the defensive back to get it. [COLOR="Red"]It is supposed to be according to the rules., it's just not called that way[/COLOR]

Rather then the gift for a crap play that it is now.

Honorable mention, call illegal contact with something that resembles consistancy rather then the lottery it is now. (unless of course you are Revis and they just let you do it every down. That is pretty consistant)

Honorable mention number 2, no more spot fouls for pass interference. Max 15 yards.

Like this..

Many gr8 ideas here in this thread; the NFL should read this thread and take note.

There is nothing positive about even having the NY Rats exist. Disband them, hold a draft for their players by the other 31 teams, and then set up an expansion team for LA. If necessary, relocate another team to NY that doesn't have the Rats' foul and unacceptable history. Their history of ineptitude isn't the problem, it's their history of treachery.

Change the makeup of the competition committee. Let each team nominate someone and then let the other franchises vote until eight members are decided. No one who has an active job or family relationship with an NFL team may be considered. Retired players, referees, and coaches would be a good pool to start with.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The networks should be forced to show the coin flip and especially,The national anthem",:americaflag:before breaking for insipid commercials.:rocker:

1) Remove the distinction between offensive and defensive players on pass interference calls - neither can grab or hit the other when the ball is in the air, and before the ball is in the air, anything is fair game that isn't holding.

2) Serious penalties against individuals who create unnecessary and dangerous collisions. They are close to this now but need to finish the deal. Speed, finesse, and athleticism will always be more fun to watch than brute force and intimidation.

Roger Goodell!!!

Nude cheerleaders.

I think the NFL should allow playoff teams to bring IR'd players back if healthy. If bad teams get rewarded for sucking with high draft picks, playoff teams should be rewarded with players from IR.

I think the NFL should allow playoff teams to bring IR'd players back if healthy. If bad teams get rewarded for sucking with high draft picks, playoff teams should be rewarded with players from IR.

I have never thought of this and ,obviously never heard of it...nice take...there MUST be a reason why this isn't allowed...reasoning from back in the old days or something.

I have never thought of this and ,obviously never heard of it...nice take...there MUST be a reason why this isn't allowed...reasoning from back in the old days or something.

Other than using the IR as a way to stash players, i cant see why this wouldnt be allowed. It would be great to get guys like ras I, myron pryor, and koppen going into the playoffs if healthy.

all chear leaders should go bottomless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back