PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank you Bill

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Stepping back and looking at the overall body of work and extending a sincere thank you to Bill Belichick and the Krafts.

I have not loved every move but over a twenty year stretch we were able the witness the longest sustained run of excellence in NFL history.

Sure it is not pretty at the moment but rarely do these things end well BB is clearly on the Mount Rushmore of coaching and no amount of losing can ever change his spot in history.

Admittedly, I am a fan of football first but also a Patriots fan and despite the current state of the Pats the NFL is an awesome product and this too shall pass. With all things pointing to changes at the end of the year just passing along a “Thanks for the memories, they have been awesome”.

Bill hasn’t passed away or left the organization.
Yeah, I agree. Right now, Bill has to do his job. There's all kinds of time to build statues and reflect on what happened. Right now, as painful as it is, let's focus on what is happening.

It was Brady, Bills record sans Brady speaks for itself....1 playoff win, 2 playoff appearances in, what, 8, 9, Bradyless seasons ...keep the blinders on, go ahead

It was Brady, Bills record sans Brady speaks for itself....1 playoff win, 2 playoff appearances in, what, 8, 9, Bradyless seasons ...keep the blinders on, go ahead
Great Players >>>> great coach. Every time.

Subpar coaches can be carried by great players. Great coaches cannot carry subpar talent. Case in point.

Now the question is did Bill hold back Brady in the last decade? I can think of 2 more rings that Bill torpedoed for his team…because he’s just smarter than everyone else. Everyone knows that. I mean…benching Butler made no sense to everyone except one person but Bill gonna Bill.

More precisely, it lasted until injuries and bad offseason moves left the team in an untenable place. We probably wouldn't be having this conversation if the OL had been much healthier this offseason, because I don't think the offense would look nearly this bad.

And it also is because Belichick coaches and buys the groceries, so he can't try to throw the GM under the bus.

Great Players >>>> great coach. Every time.

Subpar coaches can be carried by great players. Great coaches cannot carry subpar talent. Case in point.

Now the question is did Bill hold back Brady in the last decade? I can think of 2 more rings that Bill torpedoed for his team…because he’s just smarter than everyone else. Everyone knows that. I mean…benching Butler made no sense to everyone except one person but Bill gonna Bill.

Going for it on 4th and 13 instead of a 48 yard fg in Super Bowl 42. 3 pt loss. This is the worst of all of them.

Benching his own player (Welker) for a series in 2010 playoff game loss to Jets.

Bailed out in 2014 SB after making worst statistical clock management decision ever by not calling timeout after Lynch run.

Not playing to win in 2015, treating the last game as an exhibition and squandering HFA to Denver, then after game saying it doesn’t matter who gets #1 seed, then losing AFCCG because of crowd noise.

Benching Butler in SB52, likely costing the team a 3 peat.

Putting Gronkowski on field at safety at end of Miami game in 2018. Despite ridiculous loss, team won SB.

Belichick had a great 18 year run with Brady, but Brady pulled Bills pants down on the way out the door exposing Belichick to the truth - He can’t win with out Brady.

We are all great full to Tom & Bill, but it is over. We are now one of the worst teams in the NFL & it is time to stop giving Kraft & Belichick the Eddie Haskell treatment.

Kraft needs to strap a set on & do what needs to be done

Belichick had a great 18 year run with Brady, but Brady pulled Bills pants down on the way out the door exposing Belichick to the truth - He can’t win with out Brady.

We are all great full to Tom & Bill, but it is over. We are now one of the worst teams in the NFL & it is time to stop giving Kraft & Belichick the Eddie Haskell treatment.

Kraft needs to strap a set on & do what needs to be done
Maybe Kraft can get Meek Mill to fire Bill for him?

Bill hasn’t passed away or left the organization.
The Bill we once knew and loved kinda has. Still love him, though I hardly recognize him.

The Bill we once knew and loved kinda has. Still love him, though I hardly recognize him.
Yeah. In the post game presser was he chewing on a Worthers Original? Odd behavior there.

Now the question is did Bill hold back Brady in the last decade?
Yes. The Pats should've had 6 rings within the first 10 years alone. And the 10 year drought should've never happened. They had no business losing to the Jets in 2010, Giants in 2011, Ravens in 2012, the amateur coaching in 2015, the fireable offense in 2017 and the negligence in 2019. This organization should've had 10 rings.
Going for it on 4th and 13 instead of a 48 yard fg in Super Bowl 42. 3 pt loss. This is the worst of all of them.
Also not challenging a clear Pierre Woods fumble recovery which could've changed the game.

Yes. The Pats should've had 6 rings within the first 10 years alone. And the 10 should've never happened.

Also not challenging a clear Pierre Woods fumble recovery which could've changed the game.
lol Pierre Woods the OLB we used to have?

lol Pierre Woods the OLB we used to have?
Yes, he was playing special teams in that game. He should've never allowed that midget RB to enter the pile and rip the ball from him when he already had a clear recovery which led to the Refs awarded the ball back to NY.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back