PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Name the 1 (one) thing you would change about the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the NFL should allow playoff teams to bring IR'd players back if healthy. If bad teams get rewarded for sucking with high draft picks, playoff teams should be rewarded with players from IR.

This is a very interesting idea. I'm with you, great idea.

No more commercial to kickoff to commercial. Seriously.......

I know I'm probably in a minority on this, but I wouldn't allow convicted felons to play in the League. Re-instating Burress and Vick has sent the wrong message to kids and also to other players, who see a lax approach by the League office to criminal activity and then, for example, use an NFL team as the basis for a major drug operation (Chicago)

I appreciate that people make mistakes and, in my own life, I am a very forgiving person. I would bend over backwards to accommodate people who've made mistakes and are genuinely seeking to turn their lives around; I just think the line should be drawn at a felony conviction.

If someone is rehabilitated after serving his time, then let him find other ways to make a living and/or serve the community.

PI rules at the spot of the foul no doubt.

4. Either call offensive holding every series of downs or clean up the criteria. I'm not sure how.

Some of us are old enough to have learned football in the days that blocking was done with "two hands against your chest". I'm not sure that the holding calls have ever adapted to the change ...

Making OL play with mittens on doesn't seem practical ...

Get ridd of Goodell, that would help a lot, hes ruining the game.

Something kind of small here which I haven't seen and isn't a main gripe, but it would make things better. It's the trade deadline. It's pretty irrelevant in the NFL, so push it back to week 9 or 10 so teams that are not very good can trade away some players and get picks and teams contending can fill a hole or acquire that one piece to put them over the top.

I want the team's defense (of any/all teams) to actually be allowed to play defense.

Apparently in 2011 that's a stupid thought.

I know I'm probably in a minority on this, but I wouldn't allow convicted felons to play in the League. Re-instating Burress and Vick has sent the wrong message to kids and also to other players, who see a lax approach by the League office to criminal activity and then, for example, use an NFL team as the basis for a major drug operation (Chicago)

I appreciate that people make mistakes and, in my own life, I am a very forgiving person. I would bend over backwards to accommodate people who've made mistakes and are genuinely seeking to turn their lives around; I just think the line should be drawn at a felony conviction.

If someone is rehabilitated after serving his time, then let him find other ways to make a living and/or serve the community.

Yeah, the NFL can't do that. It would be illegal.

I just feel that defenders should be allowed to hit receivers as hard as they want and it should only be a flag for unnecessary roughness if it is clearly over the top(overthrown ball and still nailed). Defenses shouldn't be penalized because qbs are dumb enough to throw into coverage.

I have to say no one protects their receivers from big hits better than Brady and these defenseless receiver penalties take away from brady's greatness by rewarding bad passes.

I wonder what the over/under would be on a game like that since both teams would be trying to lose!!

The winner gets the #1 pick loser gets #2 and then all other teams based on
their record.

I have two personal changes

(1) The "Ventrone call-up" rule:

If you pay a PS-eligible player at least 50% of the salary he would receive on the active roster, that player is not subject to waivers, and may be promoted/demoted from the 53 ad libitum.

Note that this would not prohibit teams from signing players off other teams' practice squads, nor would it apply unless they are willing to pay more than the minimum.

(2) "Lottery" rule:

As of the last week of byes, all teams that are mathematically alive for the #1 spot in the draft are forced to "trade" their draft picks to the NFL, which will then reassign them based on winning games in the remaining weeks. [Thus, no team has an incentive to "suck for Luck" ever again.]

Yeah, the NFL can't do that. It would be illegal.

Why would it be illegal? AFAIK, there's no protection against discrimination based on criminal records. . . .

Another thing I would change is the automatic 1st Down.Its fine if the team is
within 10yrds,but anything longer is helping a team that put itself in a bad position
like Holding,a bad snap,a QB sack Etc a 3rd and 24 should not be awarded a first down.

Last edited:
Change the name from New York Jets to New Jersey Jets... They do play in New Jersey... right?

that's the rumor.....

tomb1.jpg

Totally agree re the PI rules and the emphasis on Offence. I'm getting bored of seeing 80 or 90 point games on a regular basis.

The other thing I would do is move all Pats games to 9am Eastern on a Saturday. :rocker:

Last edited:
ONE THING I DISLIKE

nfl's exclusive deal with Direct TV

Just an FYI, you can now get Sunday Ticket through the Sony Network..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back