PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank you Bill

This board is looking like 2020 where the Bill supporters were standing on the sidelines while thread after thread was created to bash Bill. The big difference this time around is that more Bill supporters are now turning on him. Quite shocking to see.

This board is looking like 2020 where the Patriots supporters were standing on the sidelines while thread after thread was created to bash Bill. The big difference this time around is that more Bill supporters are now turning on him. Quite shocking to see.
Fixed it for ya

Great breakdown of the current (and past) state of the Pats by Hurley:

The "I want to coach guys I like" quote is eye-opening.

This board is looking like 2020 where the Bill supporters were standing on the sidelines while thread after thread was created to bash Bill. The big difference this time around is that more Bill supporters are now turning on him. Quite shocking to see.
In 2020 there was hope that Bill Belichick would prove to everyone he was everything people said he was and lead the way in forging the post Brady era. 4 seasons later and it's as bad as it has ever been and the bright spot was in 2021 which finished with the Pats losing 3 of the last 4 to lose the division and then get ass blasted on the road in the playoffs where a Bill Belichick defense failed to get a single stop. Now 5 games in we are 1-4 and any hope of the playoffs is already over and every metric is saying the Patriots are probably the worst team in the NFL.

It's like if your kid invites his friends over and they have a party and make a mess in the basement. You say "okay funs over, now that everyone is gone it's time to clean everything up". Then 4 days later you go down to the basement and more stuff is broken and your good for nothing son is drunk and vomitting in the corner. He had his chance to fix things the last 4 years. It's hard to give him a benefit of the doubt now that he's had his chance and we look further away.

People close to Bill have said this for quite some time. It explains why he passes on more talented players. It's clear he comes across these talented players by accident.

I still believe in Bill and don't want any other coach. If there is anyone who can right the ship midseason it's him. I'm not on the hype train of "young coach = good coach" just because McDaniel and Shanahan, who haven't won anything, have nice records. If anything I think Shanahan is much more old school, bully ball like BB and Harbaugh are than he is like any of his contemporaries.

Having a dynasty as long as we did was always against the odds and falsely proclaimed to be over prematurely several times. Our success has caught up to us and people are overly simplistic in trying to equate our success ending to when Brady left. The signs of decline were already there in 2018 and not just Brady left. Several other pro bowlers went along or shortly after him (Edelman, Gronk, Thuney, Mason, Cannon, Hightower, McCourty, Gilmore, etc.).

In Bill We Trust.

So yeah, some of us are pissed off

to be fair, some of you are always pissed off, even when we were winning for 20 years

but yes i generally agree, BB and the team are basically fair game at this point and fans have every right to be frustrated with this pile of dogshit product they've rolled out thus far

kids gloves have to come off, its been unwatchable football

Curious to see if he actually makes some significant changes before the game this weekend. If he does, great. If not, that's a red flag on top of a red flag.

Going for it on 4th and 13 instead of a 48 yard fg in Super Bowl 42. 3 pt loss. This is the worst of all of them.

Benching his own player (Welker) for a series in 2010 playoff game loss to Jets.

Bailed out in 2014 SB after making worst statistical clock management decision ever by not calling timeout after Lynch run.

Not playing to win in 2015, treating the last game as an exhibition and squandering HFA to Denver, then after game saying it doesn’t matter who gets #1 seed, then losing AFCCG because of crowd noise.

Benching Butler in SB52, likely costing the team a 3 peat.

Putting Gronkowski on field at safety at end of Miami game in 2018. Despite ridiculous loss, team won SB.
1697009734848.gif

It was Brady, Bills record sans Brady speaks for itself....1 playoff win, 2 playoff appearances in, what, 8, 9, Bradyless seasons ...keep the blinders on, go ahead

Yep, all by himself. The coaches and other players had nothing to do with it, just Brady. You know who the first person to call you a ****ing moron would be if they saw your post? Tom Brady.

if that's remotely true, he needs to be fired ASAP
you can't have your own personal feelings to overrule the quality/talent of a player

Bills still a great coach. Problem is he is a bottom GM

This forum has devolved into pathetic whining and blame gaming. Its not even worth reading the posts anymore.

And that’s not going to change anytime soon. I’m happy they gave us that 20 year run, and I’m interested to see how they someday get back to being a consistent contender. In the meantime however we are just going to have to deal with the crybabies who think winning the Lombardi is their birthright.

A good QB gets the Pats on the right road.

BB has done a lot of good things for the 2023 team like the Pats depth on defense.

Of course it’s whining. It accomplished nothing and it is just a childish emotional response to feeling entitled.
If you think belichick should be fired by all means state your opinion but stating it 1000 different times in 1000 different ways is whining.
What’s your opinion on Belichick and this team right now? Let’s forget his track record and the dynasty for the moment. I’m curious to your opinion on the state of this team right now. Do you think we are good right now?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back