PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Favorite Part of Preseason Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo59

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
is watching Matt Cassel.

I know we have Brady who is awesome and we get to watch him all season but I like getting to watch how Matt has progressed under the tutelage of Brady and the coaching staff. I think he could turn into a good starting quaterback someday, not necessarily for this team.

I know a lot of people feel preseason games are meaningless and they just want to get them over yada yada...and to some extent I agree but I do enjoy getting to watch Cassel play.

I'm glad someone else enjoys the preseason games,though I'm sure we're in somewhat of a minority. It's really the only shot we have at seeing what the back-ups can do,especially one as vital as Matt Cassel.
Remember his very first pre-season game? LOL he was jumping over piles,he was ducking and scrambling,he also made some great passes and reminded me a lot of Brady even then.
BB was asked if he intended to let Matt come back out in the second half and he said something like "If I can handle watching him" LOL.
I hope they don't let him go-he's sort of a mini-Brady with tremendous potential. I'd go so far as to say I'd feel somewhat comfortable with him at the helm if need be.

The preseason games are bored :mad: :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back