PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Other Preseason Games

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Watching other games, after having fun watching some of the Pat’s youngsters last night. I’m watching the Pack (next week’s opponent) vs the Bengals. Man, Mac is gonna be so jealous of Jordan Love. They’ve surrounded him with so many young stud receivers and TEs. They drafted Doubs, Watson & Melton (7th round, but has great speed) last year, drafted WR Jaylen Reed & TE’s Luke Musgrave & Tucker Kraft this year. Just so many good young explosive weapons.

Then saw some highlights of Pittsburgh, and of course Pickens scores a great TD. Definitely should’ve selected him instead of you know who.

I know the Pats went defensive heavy the first 3 rounds this year, and Gonzalez, White and Mapu are going to help an already good defense, but man, sooner or later they need to draft some receivers and TEs in the higher rounds. Hopefully Douglas and Boutte work out, and are contributors to the team.

That being said, being a draft junkie, I enjoy watching the preseason games.

Trevor Semien goes from starting QB to playing deep into the 4th quarter. The first preseason game

I watched the Giants game also the Green Bay game both pre-season like the Pats. That is where the similarity ended. The Pats were awful to watch while the other games were at least enjoyable pre-season games. Today I will watch the Bills game followed by the Jets game. Will I conclude based on the first pre-season games that the Patriots will be last in the division this season? There is no doubt in my mind based on practices and one game that the Patriots need help big time at running back after Stevenson and at offensive tackle, I have a bad taste in my mouth about Trent Brown. Later.

Started watching the Dolphins pre season they are complaining about their OL. White is a rookie first year QB from South Florida, where, he comes out and throws 3 completions and then an end zone INT but he had protection for 4 straight passes with the Fins non starter OL. Can we switch rookie OL? Wes Welker is the Offensive Receivers coach in Miami, I always liked him.

Last edited:
I watched the Giants game also the Green Bay game both pre-season like the Pats. That is where the similarity ended. The Pats were awful to watch while the other games were at least enjoyable pre-season games. Today I will watch the Bills game followed by the Jets game. Will I conclude based on the first pre-season games that the Patriots will be last in the division this season? There is no doubt in my mind based on practices and one game that the Patriots need help big time at running back after Stevenson and at offensive tackle, I have a bad taste in my mouth about Trent Brown. Later.

Started watching the Dolphins pre season they are complaining about their OL. White is a rookie first year QB from South Florida, where, he comes out and throws 3 completions and then an end zone INT but he had protection for 4 straight passes with the Fins non starter OL. Can we switch rookie OL? Wes Welker is the Offensive Receivers coach in Miami, I always liked him.

If you were going for a rambling, incoherent mess of a post littered with freezing cold takes, you really nailed it.

Some teams play to win in August and September, others try to win in January and February.

January and February is more fun. I know because BB told me so.

Chelsea vs Liverpool is clearly the match of the weekend, Sunday at 11:00, and it’s regular season.

****, Everton vs Fulham is on in 20 minutes and I have too much to do to watch it. Team is apparently healthy again, and both he and Robinson are starting. Go Fulham.

Last edited:
Anybody going to watch 49rs and Raiders ?.....I will record it and then skip through after reading about any specific highlights !...if any

Starting to think it’s not a lock that Trey Lance even makes the 49ers roster. Might be one of the biggest draft busts of all time.

r
Starting to think it’s not a lock that Trey Lance even makes the 49ers roster. Might be one of the biggest draft busts of all time.
considering what it cost to move up it absolutely would.
I think he still has trade value, Miami as a backup, Chicago, Baltimore, Philly also would make a lot of sense.
But nobody would take on that contract I would bet.

Pickett being better than Mac is annoying.
Crazy to think that Pickett has a better QB record than Mac. Plus he's got four Game Winning Drives and/or 4th Quarter Comebacks already in 13 games, while Mac only has 1 in his 2 years. The "[Mac had trouble in the 2 minute drill]" tweet during today's TC made me think about that.

I still don't agree with you at this point, but it was food for thought.

Raiders / 49rs game was not too bad , just typical pre season. The raiders had some good plays in the first half and looked the better team. However the 49rs have so much in reserve that did not see the field. Lance looked pretty shaky.

Trey Lance looks like trash. Sorry, @BaconGrundleCandy. I know you really liked him. There’s still time for him to turn it around but, in the limited time I’ve watched him, you can tell that this guy is not a film rat.

Trey Lance looks like trash. Sorry, @BaconGrundleCandy. I know you really liked him. There’s still time for him to turn it around but, in the limited time I’ve watched him, you can tell that this guy is not a film rat.

He looks like what I hoped Josh Allen would be when he was drafted by the Bills. Lance is bumbling about, second-guessing himself, on a stage too big for him to handle. It was painful to watch.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back