PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl 51 Game winning drive

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

No matter how far this season goes in the toilet this will always be awesome to watch.

Didn’t notice before but Brady’s throw to Bennett on 1st and goal wasn’t nearly as interceptable as it looked at first. Thank goodness…

Throw to Edelman to the Falcons 25 was an absolute bullet. BuT DiNk AnD DuNK LoLZ or something.

Arthur Blank’s worried face never gets old lol

Brady looked like he just walked off after the toss to White almost like he knew the game was over lol. Like a pitcher who knows when he struck out the hitter to end the inning before the ump called it.

Loved Blount running over to celebration tackle White. I really wish we kept him.

Remember when people actually thought White didn’t get in because his arm looked like the ball lmaoooooo

1:22 Don’t know if he had the speed but I wonder if Hogan had a chance at a TD if the ball was thrown ahead of him. Higher risk of course and it worked out just fine the way it happened…

That sideline laser to Amendola, who was just barely open, is EXACTLY why Brady has seven rings (and should have more) and guys like Rodgers have 1.

That is an incredibly ballsy pass in overtime of the Super Bowl. A lot of QBs wouldn’t even have thrown it, because if it isn’t perfect, it’s a pick-six, and you’re a choke artist loser for the rest of the off-season.

Rodgers doesn’t throw that pass, doesn’t win that Super Bowl, gets sacked, and let’s the media blame the offensive line for the next six months on why “the supremely talented QB X didn’t win.”

A really underrated Brady pass for all of those reasons.

That sideline laser to Amendola, who was just barely open, is EXACTLY why Brady has seven rings (and should have more) and guys like Rodgers have 1.

That is an incredibly ballsy pass in overtime of the Super Bowl. A lot of QBs wouldn’t even have thrown it, because if it isn’t perfect, it’s a pick-six, and you’re a choke artist loser for the rest of the off-season.

Rodgers doesn’t throw that pass, doesn’t win that Super Bowl, gets sacked, and let’s the media blame the offensive line for the next six months on why “the supremely talented QB X didn’t win.”
Easily one of the best passes I have ever seen. It was the definition of perfection. A few inches left and could have been a pick 6 as you said.

People blast the Falcons for this game, but honestly look at Brady’s throws. Its not like anybody here or most of the 2nd half was wide open(i can only think of the big pass to dola before the 2 min warning). Plus covering edelman and amendola for what was it 80 plays has gotta be exhausting.

Really the only major mistake they made was taking a bad sack. Of course freeman had the blown block on ht but every team has several blown assignments per game. The patriots just went into total beastmode at one point.

That game should've been over at 28-3. This was the beginning of Kyle Shanahan's poor play calling in big games. They took their foot off the gas, then when they tried to do it again, someone didn't make a play.

I was there.

There isn't a day that goes by when I don't think, "28-3, man....."
I was there too, but could not find a reasonable enough ticket to get inside. So, I watched the game at a bar near the stadium.

I used to live in Atlanta and that city is a 5hitshow. Could not wait to leave.

I was there too, but could not find a reasonable enough ticket to get inside. So, I watched the game at a bar near the stadium.

I used to live in Atlanta and that city is a 5hitshow. Could not wait to leave.
Same thing happened to me for SB49 in Glendale, AZ....which is why I decided to cough up the $$$$ for SB51. I bought tickets via the secondary market, but the broker was unable to deliver (prices skyrocketed pre-game). So, joined a class action suit with some Seahawk fans who spent money to travel to Arizona...I only drove and stayed with a friend in Glendale...and submitted a claim for a front right tire replacement as well as gas. I got my ticket purchase refunded and a year later the lawyers sent me a check for $250 which covered my travel expenses/tire replacement. Yay!

Actually, wifey then booked two non-refundable flights to Dallas for only $200 roundtrip from LAX. So, I was going to be stuck at wifey's cousin's house in Dallas watching the game...so my next move was to buy the damn tickets, LOL. We landed in Dallas on Fri night...had Breakfast with cousins and an aunt...drove down to Houston on Saturday...stayed one night...saw the game...drove directly back to the Dallas airport for a 5:30AM flight back to LAX. We get to the Dallas airport...drop off the rental around 3:30AM or so...and ride a rental shuttle to the terminal...there were only 4 people on the bus...me and wifey....and an Atlanta Falcon couple who also did the same thing....that was a long and awkward ride....they were crestfallen...and we were sitting there across from them as happy as anyone could possibly be....and quietly got off at our terminal...

Same thing happened to me for SB49 in Glendale, AZ....which is why I decided to cough up the $$$$ for SB51. I bought tickets via the secondary market, but the broker was unable to deliver (prices skyrocketed pre-game). So, joined a class action suit with some Seahawk fans who spent money to travel to Arizona...I only drove and stayed with a friend in Glendale...and submitted a claim for a front right tire replacement as well as gas. I got my ticket purchase refunded and a year later the lawyers sent me a check for $250 which covered my travel expenses/tire replacement. Yay!
I was there too. My 2nd Pats Super Bowl in Phoenix. I drove there as well and arrived 7 days before the game. I watched the game at the Phoenix Pats fan bar.

I heard about the whole fiasco. Hoards of Pats fans in NE bought tix online to be delivered in Arizona. So, they booked hotel, rental car, flights, the whole shebang. Little did they know that Seahawks fans flooded Phoenix and would pay any price. I heard of NE fans playing $3000 per ticket only to be sold out by the broker who sold their ticket to a Seahawk fan for $9000. Some brokers refunded the NE fans $3000 plus an inconvenience fee and kept the balance.

True story, the day of the game a woman from Seattle paid $25,000 per ticket for her and her son to sit lower 50 yard line.
Actually, wifey then booked two non-refundable flights to Dallas for only $200 roundtrip from LAX. So, I was going to be stuck at wifey's cousin's house in Dallas watching the game...so my next move was to buy the damn tickets, LOL. We landed in Dallas on Fri night...had Breakfast with cousins and an aunt...drove down to Houston on Saturday...stayed one night...saw the game...drove directly back to the Dallas airport for a 5:30AM flight back to LAX. We get to the Dallas airport...drop off the rental around 3:30AM or so...and ride a rental shuttle to the terminal...there were only 4 people on the bus...me and wifey....and an Atlanta Falcon couple who also did the same thing....that was a long and awkward ride....they were crestfallen...and we were sitting there across from them as happy as anyone could possibly be....and quietly got off at our terminal...
I did not go to that Super Bowl.

To be honest I was getting burnt out on going to Super Bowls having attended 7.

That game should've been over at 28-3. This was the beginning of Kyle Shanahan's poor play calling in big games. They took their foot off the gas, then when they tried to do it again, someone didn't make a play.
The problem was they got too aggressive when all they needed was to bleed time off the clock.

Unsure why you are getting downvoted.

The fumble was the turning point imo. The Patriots got a possession they should not have received. The HC should have stepped in and ordered that they run it only. Nothing else. They also didn't bleed the play clock down.

Shanahan's blunder in the SF Super Bowl was not running it more with a ten point lead. They could not be stopped on the ground. Just a miserable job in the crunch.

The problem was they got too aggressive when all they needed was to bleed time off the clock.
Julio Jones still had the game won before the holding call and the sack given up....THAT was the most unbelievable thing about that game...a figgie would have iced it at 31-20.....

They stayed aggressive because they were rightly scared of Tom. Teams used to crap themselves all the time against him and end up doing stupid stuff.

Julio Jones still had the game won before the holding call and the sack given up....THAT was the most unbelievable thing about that game...a figgie would have iced it at 31-20.....
After the catch, they should have kneed the ball three times. Or run run run. Time is your friend.

Two very bad things can happen when you pass.

Patriots would have been forced to use a timeout. They would have ran out of time.

Unsure why you are getting downvoted.
The Panthers had no business coming back and taking the lead twice down 21-10 in Super Bowl 38. The Colts had no business coming back in the 2006 AFCCG when they were down 21-6 at halftime or even the Giants down 17-9 in Super Bowl 46.

You're up 28-3 in the 3rd quarter, but can't close it out? That's a bad choke job.

The Panthers had no business coming back and taking the lead twice down 21-10 in Super Bowl 38. The Colts had no business coming back in the 2006 AFCCG when they were down 21-6 at halftime or even the Giants down 17-9 in Super Bowl 46.

You're up 28-3 in the 3rd quarter, but can't close it out? That's a bad choke job.
Exactly.

And In order to have a great comeback, there has to be a choke.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back