PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl 51 Game winning drive

I watched that as the only Pats fan in the party. When it was 28-3, I first said "game". And then I stopped. I couldn't ***** out in front of all those haters, so I said "if anyone can do it, it's Tom ****in Brady".

When Brady ran on that long third down for a first, I said "that's the turning point, boys". The weird part is...no one laughed or made fun of me. I think even they knew...it was possible.

Good times.

Also, we're slowly turning into those Squealers fans who reminisce about the glory days of the 70s, but that's ok. I'm enjoying it

My father told me he went to bed at 28-3 all disgusted then the next morning heard “the Super Bowl champion, New England Patriots” on a TV in a gas station the next morning and couldn’t believe it.

Fail Empire Strikes Back GIF by Star Wars
I switched the channel ... for about 30 seconds. Figured, why not? Maybe they'll make it respectable. Texted a buddy of mine with "Did that really happen?"

I switched the channel ... for about 30 seconds. Figured, why not? Maybe they'll make it respectable. Texted a buddy of mine with "Did that really happen?"
Edleman: It's going to be a hell of a story!" They sure did make it respectable.

No matter how far this season goes in the toilet this will always be awesome to watch.

Didn’t notice before but Brady’s throw to Bennett on 1st and goal wasn’t nearly as interceptable as it looked at first. Thank goodness…

Throw to Edelman to the Falcons 25 was an absolute bullet. BuT DiNk AnD DuNK LoLZ or something.

Arthur Blank’s worried face never gets old lol

Brady looked like he just walked off after the toss to White almost like he knew the game was over lol. Like a pitcher who knows when he struck out the hitter to end the inning before the ump called it.

Loved Blount running over to celebration tackle White. I really wish we kept him.

Remember when people actually thought White didn’t get in because his arm looked like the ball lmaoooooo

1:22 Don’t know if he had the speed but I wonder if Hogan had a chance at a TD if the ball was thrown ahead of him. Higher risk of course and it worked out just fine the way it happened…

Me personally.. I love this game against Manning.

I was more bummed about them falling behind 24-14 to the Seahawks. That TD drive they surrendered before the half appeared to be the turning point, and I thought they were the better team but didn’t being their A game.

With the Falcons I just thought, hey, they got their asses kicked. It was a bad matchup and they ran into a buzzsaw. Still surprised to this day they came back.

Even more impressive is if you look other mega comeback games, like the Bills-Oilers, you have lots of turnovers, pick 6s, 70 yard TD passes, etc. The only huge play was the Hightower strip sack. Almost everything else was just winning down/distance goal on each play.

Reggie Wayne still seeing stars from that hit by Eugene Wilson.
LOL.. boy.. how far we've fallen. The glory days is all we have left these days.

• Sad
Reactions: sb1
Pats had the ball driving and they line up and to Bradys right side the WR has nobody on him. The Colts noticed their mistake and got a man over there.

It was a walk in TD if Brady looked to the right, but he never did.
Bug Eyes didn’t help
Aside from the made up "face guarding" call, this was the most frustrating play of he game. The entire sideline was screaming at Tom to look at Caldwell who was frantically waving his arms at him. Tom spacing out with tunnel vision was very uncharacteristic of him. By the time Tom noticed him, a defender was close enough that would've possibly stopped him from scoring. But Caldwell dropped the ball which was one embarrassing moment for him.

That makes a difference. I can't imagine the emotions you must have gone through, even more so with the time/money investment involved. I've been to four Patriots Super Bowls and remember each like it was yesterday. Wish I would've gone to that one, too. I recall watching it on TV and thinking re. 28-3, "Well, maybe they can score a touchdown or two and at least appear respectable." Of course, at that point I was OK with not being there. Then the impossible happened.
When we finally scored and then missed the PAT...I pretty much gave up...

Then again with the Julio Jones catch.....

Unbelievable...

I was more bummed about them falling behind 24-14 to the Seahawks. That TD drive they surrendered before the half appeared to be the turning point, and I thought they were the better team but didn’t being their A game.

With the Falcons I just thought, hey, they got their asses kicked. It was a bad matchup and they ran into a buzzsaw. Still surprised to this day they came back.

Even more impressive is if you look other mega comeback games, like the Bills-Oilers, you have lots of turnovers, pick 6s, 70 yard TD passes, etc. The only huge play was the Hightower strip sack. Almost everything else was just winning down/distance goal on each play.
I always felt like the Falcons just stumbled and lucked into their lead to begin with, then the rest of the game demonstrated how badly the Patriots would have crushed them if they didn’t **** the first half up so bad.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back