PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Favorite Part of Preseason Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo59

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
is watching Matt Cassel.

I know we have Brady who is awesome and we get to watch him all season but I like getting to watch how Matt has progressed under the tutelage of Brady and the coaching staff. I think he could turn into a good starting quaterback someday, not necessarily for this team.

I know a lot of people feel preseason games are meaningless and they just want to get them over yada yada...and to some extent I agree but I do enjoy getting to watch Cassel play.

I'm glad someone else enjoys the preseason games,though I'm sure we're in somewhat of a minority. It's really the only shot we have at seeing what the back-ups can do,especially one as vital as Matt Cassel.
Remember his very first pre-season game? LOL he was jumping over piles,he was ducking and scrambling,he also made some great passes and reminded me a lot of Brady even then.
BB was asked if he intended to let Matt come back out in the second half and he said something like "If I can handle watching him" LOL.
I hope they don't let him go-he's sort of a mini-Brady with tremendous potential. I'd go so far as to say I'd feel somewhat comfortable with him at the helm if need be.

The preseason games are bored :mad: :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft