PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MVP Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt that 2010 was a year that Manning actually deserved the award unlike about 2-3 of his four actual wins. That Colts' team sucked and Manning carried it to 10 wins and without him they would have been close to the 2-14 team that they were the following year without him. The 2010 Colts was Manning, Freeney, Mathis, Wayne, Clark, and mostly JAGs (some with big names) for the rest of the roster.

The years Brady deserved the MVP and didn't win include 2005 and especially 2006 where he didn't have have much talent around him anywhere. You can argue he deserved it last year, but it was hard to take it away from Rodgers.

They were 2-14 without him because the Colts organization did not have the foresight to get a competent QB. Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky and grandpa Kerry Collins are beyond dreadful. This years Colts team aside from the QB might be worse than the 2011 team. Consider, their head coach has cancer, they no longer have Pierre Garcon and Wayne is a year older as well as most of the O-talent are rookies. Though Luck WILL be a good QB in the future once he gets more experience under his belt, this year he is playing mediocre but still manages to get the colts to a 7-4 record.

Last edited:
I hope Brady destroys the Texans and 49ers D to remind everyone outside of Foxboro who the league's MVP and best player is.

manning will win it regardless...oh well

I hope Brady destroys the Texans and 49ers D to remind everyone outside of Foxboro who the league's MVP and best player is.

Should be an amazing two weeks of football.

Well those two weeks will determine alot.I think it will determine this team's seeding because i see Baltimore and Houston losing a couple of more ganes.

I could see the voters wanting to reward both Peyton and AP for the steller seasons they are having. So CPOY goes to AP and MVP goes to Peyton. And Brady...you were supposed to be awesome so despite your better numbers sucks to be you.

The only year in history with a unanimous MVP, Brady with a 36-4 TD/INT ratio and a 111 QB rating, Manning's worst season since 2002, and you think Brady didn't deserve it but Manning did?

Ok..............

And years Brady deserved the MVP like 2006 were pedestrian years for his stats.

I do agree that the league MVP is sham based on stats (which you are implying) and popularity than truly who is the MVP, but I think the MVP deserves to go to the person who was the most valuable player on his team. In 2010, the Colts were Peyton Manning. Without him and with an average QB, they would have won three to four games. They were that bad.

Brady won it because the Pats went 14-2 (when many people were predicting the decline of the Pats that season and the Jets overtaking him) instead of 10-6 like the Colts did. Again, it is the dog and pony show of the league MVP.

I don't think Manning was better than Brady that year, but he was far more important to his team than Brady was. The 2010 Pats could have had a winning record with an average QB, the Colts couldn't have won 6 games without Manning that year.

And years Brady deserved the MVP like 2006 were pedestrian years for his stats.

I do agree that the league MVP is sham based on stats (which you are implying) and popularity than truly who is the MVP, but I think the MVP deserves to go to the person who was the most valuable player on his team. In 2010, the Colts were Peyton Manning. Without him and with an average QB, they would have won three to four games. They were that bad.

Brady won it because the Pats went 14-2 (when many people were predicting the decline of the Pats that season and the Jets overtaking him) instead of 10-6 like the Colts did. Again, it is the dog and pony show of the league MVP.

I don't think Manning was better than Brady that year, but he was far more important to his team than Brady was. The 2010 Pats could have had a winning record with an average QB, the Colts couldn't have won 6 games without Manning that year.

Brady won it because he was the most valuable player in the NFL that year.

By a mile.

They were 2-14 without him because the Colts organization did not have the foresight to get a competent QB. Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky and grandpa Kerry Collins are beyond dreadful. This years Colts team aside from the QB might be worse than the 2011 team. Consider, their head coach has cancer, they no longer have Pierre Garcon and Wayne is a year older as well as most of the O-talent are rookies. Though Luck WILL be a good QB in the future once he gets more experience under his belt, this year he is playing mediocre but still manages to get the colts to a 7-4 record.

Yes, they were 2-14 because they didn't have a competent QB, but they would have been 5-11 with a competent QB. That is my point. I didn't say that the Colts would have been 2-14 without Manning in 2010, but they would be closer to that.

People forget how Colts games went that year. Opposing offenses would move the ball at will against the Colts' defense and score in bunches only for Manning to score in a minute to keep the Colts in games. They ended up winning a lot close shoot outs that year.

The Colts scored 435 points that year (fourth in the league and only 6 points behind the second place team) and only had a 47 point points differential for the year (or averaged winning games by 2.9 ppg). By comparison, the Pats had a 205 points points differential (or averaged winning games by 12.8 PPG) while scoring a whopping 518 points that year.

Brady won it because he was the most valuable player in the NFL that year.

By a mile.

He was the best player and deserved Offensive Player of the Year. Manning was the MVP of his team that year by a mile.

I know the MVP has been bastardized to the best player award, but the 2010 Pats would have been a decent team with an average QB while the Colts would have been one of the worst teams if they had most other QBs besides Manning.

I think the MVP should go to the most valuable player, not the best player.

I could see the voters wanting to reward both Peyton and AP for the steller seasons they are having. So CPOY goes to AP and MVP goes to Peyton. And Brady...you were supposed to be awesome so despite your better numbers sucks to be you.

Manning doesn't even deserve the comeback player of the year. Adrian Peterson is on track for an 1,800 season (which would be his best season in terms of yards for his career) with a 5.8 YPC (also a career high) after blowing out his ACL last year. The fact that no one talks about him for comeback player of the year is a crime. He deserves it more than Manning.

I think Manning will end up winning both awards. He is the media darling.

Last edited:
Yes, they were 2-14 because they didn't have a competent QB, but they would have been 5-11 with a competent QB. That is my point. I didn't say that the Colts would have been 2-14 without Manning in 2010, but they would be closer to that.

People forget how Colts games went that year. Opposing offenses would move the ball at will against the Colts' defense and score in bunches only for Manning to score in a minute to keep the Colts in games. They ended up winning a lot close shoot outs that year.

The Colts scored 435 points that year (fourth in the league and only 6 points behind the second place team) and only had a 47 point points differential for the year (or averaged winning games by 2.9 ppg). By comparison, the Pats had a 205 points points differential (or averaged winning games by 12.8 PPG) while scoring a whopping 518 points that year.

They didn't want a competent quarterback. They were sucking for Luck. 2-14 was self induced.

What i'm saying is that this 2012 Colts team might actually be worse than last years team in terms of talent (No Garcon, Wayne 1 year older, mostly rookies playing on offense). The only difference is that they now have a competent QB in Luck. Bottom line is if Luck took that Colts 2011 team, they would probably be in the HUNT for the wild card, similar to this year. So the Colts as a TEAM wasn't nearly as bad as you think they were, they just had really really really really really incompetent QB's .

They didn't want a competent quarterback. They were sucking for Luck. 2-14 was self induced.

I think that was overplayed. But even if they were sucking for Luck, they were a 3-4 win team at best. Seriously, guys like Wayne, Garcon, Mathis, and others were in contract years. Do you really think they were sucking for Luck so that the Colts could get Luck and they could get smaller contracts this past offseason?

He was the best player and deserved Offensive Player of the Year. Manning was the MVP of his team that year by a mile.

I know the MVP has been bastardized to the best player award, but the 2010 Pats would have been a decent team with an average QB while the Colts would have been one of the worst teams if they had most other QBs besides Manning.

I think the MVP should go to the most valuable player, not the best player.

Manning wasn't even good for the runner up spot.

And the 2 win thing is a joke. Manning had an off year. An average QB would have still won 9-10 game with that team.

Last edited:
I think that was overplayed. But even if they were sucking for Luck, they were a 3-4 win team at best. Seriously, guys like Wayne, Garcon, Mathis, and others were in contract years. Do you really think they were sucking for Luck so that the Colts could get Luck and they could get smaller contracts this past offseason?

Getting Luck was the number one priority and was their plan before the season even started in my opinion. Letting Manning go was the first step in the plan.

Last edited:
Someone must have hacked Rob's account. He's posting crazy-talk.

What i'm saying is that this 2012 Colts team might actually be worse than last years team in terms of talent (No Garcon, Wayne 1 year older, mostly rookies playing on offense). The only difference is that they now have a competent QB in Luck. Bottom line is if Luck took that Colts 2011 team, they would probably be in the HUNT for the wild card, similar to this year. So the Colts as a TEAM wasn't nearly as bad as you think they were, they just had really really really really really incompetent QB's .

IDK, Wayne seems rejuvenated plus he is 34 which still might not be enough to hit age wall. Some WRS last til their later 30s.

I don't know if Garcon was that good or a product of a system. He has been hurt this year.

Also, in 2010, Clark missed 10 games (playe all 16 lastyear), Austin Collie missed 7 games (played all 16 last year), and Garcon was still a good #3 WR (not a starter except for injury related and he broke out in 2010). So the team they had last year was not the team they had in 2011.

Curtis Painter couldn't have won 6 games with our offense and the 85 Bears defense. I'm surprised he can get out of bed in the morning without ****ing his pants.

Manning wasn't even good for the runner up spot.

And the 2 win thing is a joke. Manning had an off year. An average QB would have still won 9-10 game with that team.

BS. Manning had 4700 yards (2nd in the league behind Rivers) and 33 TDs (2nd in the league behind Brady) in 2010. Tell me how many average QB get that many yards or TDs. The Colts won 10 games that season. No way an average QB 3ould have gone on a team with no running game and no defense and win the same amount or one less game than Manning did that year.

It was Manning's best year for yards and tied for his second best in terms of TDs. His completion percentage was down (66.3% which is worst since 2002) and he had a higher number than average of INTs (17 which was his third worst year), but that was due to the fact that he had to carry the team and throw the ball. That "off year" for Manning would have been a career year for 90% of the QBs in the league.

The Colts had no running game (29th in the league compared to the Pats' 9th ranked running game) and no defense.

Again, in 2010 it was the Indianapolis Mannings because he was the team. The 2010 Pats had a decent running game and defense. Brady was the better player, but Manning was his entire team especially when Clark and Collie went down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye