PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MVP Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun fact: Tom Brady has received more career MVP votes overall than Peyton Manning

edit: forgot to add - 'Per year active'

Manning:
98-0
99-0
00-1
01-0
02-0
03-16
04-47
05-13
06-2
07-0
08-32
09-39.5
10-0
--------
11.57 per year

Brady:
01-0
02-0
03-8
04-0
05-10
06-0
07-49
09-0
10-50
11-0
--------
11.7 per year

That "49" for Brady in 2007 makes me want to punch a mime.*

*Even more than usual.

The bolded part is all that matters. The CPOY and MVP were Manning's to lose the moment he returned to the game.

This..........

It's ******* ridiculous that Manning can be ahead of Brady on some lists.

I wouldn't be surprised if Manning ends up winning. It's not like he hasn't stolen the MVP before.

And in recent games Von Miller has been the best player on the field for the broncos.

Last edited:
QB rating: Brady
total QBR: Brady
TD/INT ratio: Brady by a huge, enormous margin
yards: Brady
win/loss record: Brady
productivity of offense: Brady
head-to-head: Brady

Manning has a marginally better completion percentage, 67.7% to 65.1%

Other than the media's attachment to Manning's ballsack, is there even an argument that can be made for Manning? I don't see it.

Forehead: Manning.
Commercials: Manning.

While I agree that the media will always give the nod to Manning because the general pubic is too uninformed to keep up with all the important statistics, I still think the MVP is completely in Brady's hands.

Perform well against the 49ers and Texans defenses and win...and Brady will win it.

If it comes down to the statistical edge, the media will overlook Brady's edge and give it to Manning just cause he's Manning.

I am glad ELI is not in the discussion, after the first 5 games of the season it was a tie between him and Peyton as per the media for the MVP.

Eli in my eyes has never been the MVP (even in the SB), he has never won a playoff game where the opponent has scored more than 20 points. I think this speaks volumes about how good their defense has been.

If Brady wins out without throwing another INT, I don't see how he doesn't win.

In fact.. If he and the pats win out there can't possibly be a logical reason for him not to win. Manning is good for a few more interceptions and even taking away his 3 int game out of the equation Brady still at this moment has a better td:int ratio.

It might not "really" matter but to be honest it does. Brady with 3 MVPs goes a long way to combatting those who talk about how great manning is in the regular season vs Brady. The postseason we know all about.

Plus can anyone really deal with manning winning multiple MVPs over two teams. Completing a come back from a career ending injury? Sometimes people try too hard to find that amazing story. Doesn't mean they should manufacture one when if the season ended today Brady truly has earned it more than anyone

One thing I forgot to ask was this... I'm wondering what the numbers are inside the red zone? In particular how many touchdowns manning, brees and Rodgers have with less than five to go in comparison to Brady.

The pats more so since any season before 07 have truly committed to running inside the 5 and one could make the argument that Brady has lost a great deal of touchdowns there.

So his personal stats still are comparable if not better than anyone else but he's also the man putting together the best offense in the league. It's gotta count for something.

Last edited:
One thing I forgot to ask was this... I'm wondering what the numbers are inside the red zone? In particular how many touchdowns manning, brees and Rodgers have with less than five to go in comparison to Brady.

The pats more so since any season before 07 have truly committed to running inside the 5 and one could make the argument that Brady has lost a great deal of touchdowns there.

So his personal stats still are comparable if not better than anyone else but he's also the man putting together the best offense in the league. It's gotta count for something.

You see that makes too much sense, therefore the media will throw that out the window. lol :p

The irony is that same people who claim that Manning is the MVP over Brady are the same people who argue the Broncos are higher in the power rankings because they are a more complete team and they have a solid defense while the Pats don't. So Manning is the MVP even though Brady has outplayed him, the Pats offense is the #1 offense by a significant margin, and the Broncos are winning because they have a better defense. Makes perfect sense.

The league MVP is nothing more than a popularity contest. Both Brady and Manning have won the award in years they didn't deserve it and lost out on it in years they were the most deserving of the award.

...Both Brady and Manning have won the award in years they didn't deserve it and lost out on it in years they were the most deserving of the award.

Hmm, just curious: Which of the two years he's won do you think Brady didn't deserve it?

The irony is that same people who claim that Manning is the MVP over Brady are the same people who argue the Broncos are higher in the power rankings because they are a more complete team and they have a solid defense while the Pats don't. So Manning is the MVP even though Brady has outplayed him, the Pats offense is the #1 offense by a significant margin, and the Broncos are winning because they have a better defense. Makes perfect sense.

The league MVP is nothing more than a popularity contest. Both Brady and Manning have won the award in years they didn't deserve it and lost out on it in years they were the most deserving of the award.

I agree for the most part, except Brady has deserved EVERY MVP he received. 2007 with 50 TD's and 2010 with that ridiculous TD/INT ratio. No one even came close. Manning on the other hand....

:confused:

What year did Brady win the MVP while not deserving it?

Manning can have the mvp.Brady can have his mvp season in the playoffs.

Manning can have the mvp.Brady can have his mvp season in the playoffs.

Maybe I'm selfish or maybe I'm tired of people thinking that manning is still on Brady's level, but I'd like for him to have both.

Imagine if he collected both in one season. Starts to add up really quick

:confused:

What year did Brady win the MVP while not deserving it?

I felt that 2010 was a year that Manning actually deserved the award unlike about 2-3 of his four actual wins. That Colts' team sucked and Manning carried it to 10 wins and without him they would have been close to the 2-14 team that they were the following year without him. The 2010 Colts was Manning, Freeney, Mathis, Wayne, Clark, and mostly JAGs (some with big names) for the rest of the roster.

The years Brady deserved the MVP and didn't win include 2005 and especially 2006 where he didn't have have much talent around him anywhere. You can argue he deserved it last year, but it was hard to take it away from Rodgers.

Last edited:
I felt that 2010 was a year that Manning actually deserved the award unlike about 2-3 of his four actual wins. That Colts' team sucked and Manning carried it to 10 wins and without him they would have been close to the 2-14 team that they were the following year without him. The 2010 Colts was Manning, Freeney, Mathis, Wayne, Clark, and mostly JAGs (some with big names) for the rest of the roster.

The years Brady deserved the MVP and didn't win include 2005 and especially 2006 where he didn't have have much talent around him anywhere. You can argue he deserved it last year, but it was hard to take it away from Rodgers.
He wasn't close to Brady that year. Manning threw 17 picks, many of which cost them games, Brady threw 4.
Brady led a team with a terrible defense to 14-2, with no better weapons than Manning had.

I felt that 2010 was a year that Manning actually deserved the award unlike about 2-3 of his four actual wins. That Colts' team sucked and Manning carried it to 10 wins and without him they would have been close to the 2-14 team that they were the following year without him. The 2010 Colts was Manning, Freeney, Mathis, and his receivers and mostly JAGs (some with big names) for the rest of the roster.

The only year in history with a unanimous MVP, Brady with a 36-4 TD/INT ratio and a 111 QB rating, Manning's worst season since 2002, and you think Brady didn't deserve it but Manning did?

Ok..............

I'd rather Brady didn't win. Call me superstitious, but you know there's never been a time when someone won the MVP and the superbowl? Every player who has ever won the MVP didn't win the superbowl that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News