PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mort on Mike and Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that is what those K's stand for. I never knew that.:rofl:

Now Goodell should give us a 3rd rounder comp pick next year for overracting and being too harsh taking away our 2nd first rounder this year.

Holley said that they finished tapes that Walsh turned over are spliced with the two different coaches tapes views, which proves what BB has been saying all along, that the tapes were not viewed at any time during the game, and that they were bascially a scouting project.

FYI, the K stands for "kosher"

Last edited by a moderator:
This is certainly a relief...losing BB for the year would have crushed our chances at the Super Bowl...That being said, who really cares if Goodell backs the Patriots or not, all I am concerned with is putting this behind us and moving ahead into the future. This whole stupid Spygate was a major distraction all year, especially heading into the Super Bowl, and probably had some detrimental affect on the players, the coahces, and the organization. With this behind us, I am really excited about this year....

Greg Aiello has already gone on the record for the Commissioner - that there is nothing new on the tapes and they reveal nothing that they didn't already know.

So they're not even waiting for the 13th.

Greg Aiello has already gone on the record for the Commissioner - that there is nothing new on the tapes and they reveal nothing that they didn't already know.

So they're not even waiting for the 13th.

Well, I don't know what Walsh can say in the meeting that could change anything. He hasn't been with the Patriots in nearly five years. No one will back up any of his claims if he talks about any other allegation of cheating. Goodell can't punish the Patriots based on Walsh's word especially after he allowed the whole Rams walkthrough thing hang out there without denying that he had that tape.

I do think Goodell could go through the motions of investigating whatever Walsh has to say to keep Arlen Specter from having ammo to get Senate hearings. But he isn't going to punish Belichick based on the word of one individual especially one with some questionable incidents in his past.

Walsh is just an attention-seeker. He had a job with the NFL, he was fired, and later he saw a chance to get more attention than he every had even when he still had an NFL job.

Just like Roger Clemen's trainer Brian MacNamee (sp?), Walsh probably DOES have some credible and important information that needs to come out, but the only reason he showed his face in the first place was to get attention. So of course he wouldn't deny that he had Rams walkthrough footage- that idea gets him more attention!

I might be the only Colts fan to say this, but I'm sick of Spygate. I could care less at this point about Spygate than I do about Britney Spears' repeated mental evaluations.

Either kick Belichick out of the league or MOVE ON.

If we polled all Colts fans, which of these two would they choose? I wonder...

It's not up to fans to choose. It's up to GODdell. Either pull the darn trigger or admit that you're chasing a wild goose and it's time to stop.

It's like a boss that just rides your ass all day and calls you worthless but never fires you.

Or a cop that pulls you over just to yell at you, but doesn't give you a ticket.

Either do the deed, or GET THE EF OUT, rheet bag.

I doubt it even though you say 'some'. People outside the NE region have already made up their mind and from what I gather when I talk to non-NE fans, almost all of them have classified us as 'cheaters'.

Unless a special half hour segment is devoted on national TV (yeah right :rolleyes:) that gives a clear insight into what exactly was the situation, how prevelant was the taping, and the exact impact of this rule breaking by us, none of the non-NE fans will change their minds IMO.

And, I don't care!

Exactly. The Pats accepted their punishment from the league and were up-front from the start, but everyone else outside of New England is jealous of the team's success and will only believe what they have foolishly made their minds up about from erroneous reporting and tabloid journalism from places like ESPN and the Boston Herald. All we can do from this point on is cheer for the Pats as they continue to roll through the NFL for several more years with the greates head coach of all time at the helm.

It's not up to fans to choose. It's up to GODdell. Either pull the darn trigger or admit that you're chasing a wild goose and it's time to stop.

It's like a boss that just rides your ass all day and calls you worthless but never fires you.

Or a cop that pulls you over just to yell at you, but doesn't give you a ticket.

Either do the deed, or GET THE EF OUT, rheet bag.

It's not Goodell who's doing it.

It's ESPN, Easterbrooke, NY papers, Sen. Specter, etc. Address your complaint to them. Since Feb. 2, Goodell has merely been the mule being whipped by those folks.

I agree with you. I smell Felger and Borges with Tomase as the front guy.

Pure speculation:

Borges' career with the Globe was ruined over allegations of journalistic "cheating". What better way to payback your arch-enemy? Walsh would have gone to Borges first in the Boston media, because Borges was the #1 football guy in town and a known BB hater. Following his firing, Borges could have used the Herald and national contacts from his ProFootball HOF affiliation etc. to exact vengeance. Just guessing that a guy like Borges doesn't sit on his hands after he's been sucker punched.
Good theory, but the problem is that there are lots of people with a motive to hurt the Pats. Mangini, Borges, Walsh, Felger and several other reporters who have been mocked or stone-walled by Belichick in press conferences, jealous execs of rival teams (Polian, for example) - there are any number of people who could be the anonymous source. My guess though, is that it was Walsh, because he seems like he not only has the revenge motive, but also the ambition to become "someone", a public figure.

And so once again the right hand doesn't know what the left hand knows at ESPN. Sooner or later some suit in Bristol is going to realize that all that results in is making a mockrey of their entire network which has been fighting a losing market share battle in an ever expanding industry over the last couple of years for the hearts and minds and viewership of sports fans. The eventual backlash from making your audience feel misinformed and look stupid for having watched/listened to your half assed spin is they gradually drift away to avoid exposing themselves to further embarassment for having relied on you for their opinion.

I've read your posts on the topic and agree with this exception. I do not feel that the non-Pats audience will have much backlash over this. ESPN fueled their anti-Patriots conspiracy hatred by playing to their fantasies. They enjoyed it. Any attempt at closure by Goodell, assuming that he does not yet again use ambiguous phraseology, will be received as a cover up by the powerful Kraft influence.

To turn on ESPN is to abandon your Pats-hatred fueled fantasies. Other fans just won't do it.

Last edited:
I'm sure after September on the heels of the JETS taping, some of those local mediots (like Felger and Borges) likely dropped a dime on their contacts at ESPN and the NYT to name a few in hopes someone with deep pockets would expend some resources they did not have access to and advance the rumor to a story by getting Walsh to go on record and potentially take Belichick down once and for all.

I was listening to EEI a week or so ago and I think it was John Dennis who asked Belichick about how he felt about the upcoming Goodell-Walsh meeting and was he apprehensive at all. Belichick replied "I can't wait."

Last edited:
I was listening to EEI a week or so ago and I think it was John Dennis who asked Belichick about how he felt about the upcoming Goodell-Walsh meeting and was he apprehensive at all. Belichick replied "I can't wait."
It wasn't Dennis...Ordway..or one of the afternoon crew..and it was a funny moment...the pause..and the words...great timing by BB

Mort was a bit of a douche during this whole spygate thing, but the above all makes good sense. Maybe now that all the facts are out, some people will come to their senses.

It's a bit harder for television analysts to grasp at straws than it is for the guys posting on forums.

It wasn't Dennis...Ordway..or one of the afternoon crew..and it was a funny moment...the pause..and the words...great timing by BB

Is this online? I'd love to hear it. I think BB is so funny....the joke is on all the idiots who think he is devoid of personality.

Walsh is just an attention-seeker. He had a job with the NFL, he was fired, and later he saw a chance to get more attention than he every had even when he still had an NFL job.

Just like Roger Clemen's trainer Brian MacNamee (sp?), Walsh probably DOES have some credible and important information that needs to come out, but the only reason he showed his face in the first place was to get attention. So of course he wouldn't deny that he had Rams walkthrough footage- that idea gets him more attention!

I might be the only Colts fan to say this, but I'm sick of Spygate. I could care less at this point about Spygate than I do about Britney Spears' repeated mental evaluations.

Either kick Belichick out of the league or MOVE ON.

There is a HUGE difference between McNamee and Walsh. McNamee was being investigated by the government. He never offered up the information voluntarily as did Walsh. If he would of, you can bet that McNamee would of taken the same legal steps as Walsh, basically covering his ass from every angle before committing to handing over or testifying any information. McNamee cooperated with the investigators and what happened was, that Roger Clemens is trying to scramble and cover whatever good he had to his name.

Walsh, fueled by revenge possibly, was asked a question by a REPORTER and hinted at having evidence to sink the Patriots even more. The REPORTER, who probably wanted to make sure he got the "scoop" so to speak, went with something and was sloppy. Does he have some credible information? Possibly... but as many of you have already alluded too, Walsh was more likely a running mouth with a personal agenda and still pissed about being fired and when someone listened (the REPORTER) he acted like he was wearing big boy pants or a drunk at the bar willing to tell you his life story.

I worked as a reporter and the first thing they teach you is to make sure you double check all your facts, etc. No way I would have ever wrote a story without SEEING that tape. But sometimes reporting becomes such a competitive and the ideas of glory about breaking a big story get in the way to cloud judgment. Whatever the reason, these two are simply not the same in any way, shape or form.

It's not Goodell who's doing it.

It's ESPN, Easterbrooke, NY papers, Sen. Specter, etc. Address your complaint to them. Since Feb. 2, Goodell has merely been the mule being whipped by those folks.

Exactly. I don't know what people expected Goodell to do differently:

Lesser punishment? He really couldn't have taken a 2nd or 3rd round pick and expected that to fly. Goodell had to have discussed this with Kraft and have Kraft sign off (probably grudgingly) to losing the latter 1st round pick.

Say the Pats didn't gain any in-game advantage through this taping? I believe he did say this, but not right away. He had to be careful to avoid the appearance of a cover-up. Remember the Aiello "That's just football." comment about the Dolphins' antics? How did that make you feel? Multiply times 100.

Declare the investigation over? This had to be done after the passage of a reasonable amount time to avoid looking like a whitewash. I believe the investigation was open but inactive...pending any new evidence. Walsh and Specter gave it new life in a way that Goodell couldn't ignore.

Goodell was stuck with a crap pile not of his own making. We have the luxury of ignoring the media horde. He doesn't. He may not have done everything perfectly, but before lynching him you should consider what he should have done differently and play out that scenario. In almost all cases the end result would have been worse for the league. Last I looked it is his job not to let that happen.

As for Goodell grinding an ax against the Pats and Kraft...you all need to get a grip. While I would agree that Goodell likely hates Belichick with a passion, he is almost certainly very tight with Kraft. Throughout this process Kraft and Goodell have been executing the same gameplan. Investigating the tapes in Foxboro? Destroying the tapes? Not suspending Belichick? None of this made any sense to the crowd that sees Goodell and Kraft as having separate goals and agendas. It makes perfect sense when you see them as partners that wanted to perserve the public image of the league while not tearing down the Pats in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3