2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How would feel if M. Vick joint the PATs

• I have no problem if that happens

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • I would be disappointed but still be a loyal PATs fan

Votes: 98 44.7%
  • I would be very disappointed and may not support the PATs.

Votes: 15 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If Vick lands with the Patriots...

I'll love him.

But now I hate him.

Why would BB use a roster spot in training camp on Vick?? Our Offense is loaded enough. WE NEED A PASS RUSHING OLB!! Lets trade for Burgess(yes im hoping that we trade for him). Or with what we have let of the cap, we could extend Wilfork!! Also, i have a good feeling Vick will be playing in the UFL. He wants a big contract to pay off his debt, the UFL is offering him 7 digits compared to the 6 digit contract he would be getting in the NFL. Problem solved, NO MORE TALK ABOUT VICK!!!!

I totally agree. I don't WANT Vick taking away plays from Brady. Insane. Just saying it's ALSO insane for someone to say they'll stop being a fan if a certain peson plays on that team.

Vick can add a lot of versatility by running in ways that Brady cannot, putting in Vick also reduces Brady's chance of getting hurt. It's something to think about.

Re: Vick visiting the Patriots today ?

LOL @ PFT. Or per Box's suggestion last time I LOL'd at PFT, I'll go with "ROLFLMAO @ PFT".

Barstoolsports.com actually broke the airport thing before PFT which is odd because they dont break news. But the guy there has adresses that prominent reporters have told him this isnt true but he still stays strong and says 100% he flew into Logan and said 93% he is meeting with the pats I think as a joke he said maybe he could be hear for the vineyards or something but he doubts that.

I heard from a friend that he pulled into Gillette.

Re: BB speaks on Vick

I wouldn't mind them signing him just to keep him away from Pitt. Which is ironic, bc you know if they take him, the media will fawn all over them and Mike "Media Darling" Tomlin giving him a chance, and if the Pats sign him it's just same old Evil Empire. :)

Dontcha love it?

Embrace the hate!!

Barstoolsports.com actually broke the airport thing before PFT which is odd because they dont break news. But the guy there has adresses that prominent reporters have told him this isnt true but he still stays strong and says 100% he flew into Logan and said 93% he is meeting with the pats I think as a joke he said maybe he could be hear for the vineyards or something but he doubts that.

I heard from a friend that he pulled into Gillette.

So we just ignore the AP report about his court appeareance TODAY???

Perfect illustration that people believe what they want to believe, facts be damned.

Last edited:

Yeah,ESPN who is following Michael more closely than Vick's own penis has no info on this but Barstoolfreakingsports.com does?

This is a pure joke

Re: BB speaks on Vick

Barstool is the sine qua non of failed rumor predictions. Just look at the past threads.

And me, I'm just glad I've graduated high school and can relax from the needy teacher threat.

I am an avid Barstool readed and one of my friends is good friends with El Pres.

He doesn't usually break hard news and has failed in the past most recently saying Remy would be back in the both.

But when he reported that he said pretty sure and I think he even put a percentage on that at 80% sure.

The interesting thing is he says 100% sure he flew into logan even after "prominent reporters told him it was untrue" he was willing to say maybe he was hear for something else but said he doubts it.

but he is a blogger not a reporter so take it with a grain of salt.

So we just ignore the AP report about his court appeareance???

Perfect illustration that people believe what they want to believe, facts be damned.

It makes for a great story, that why !! I'm stunned ESPN hasn't picked this up and a major story. Then again, they ignored Big Ben being accused of rape so maybe their trying to get better .......... nah

It makes for a great story, that why !! I'm stunned ESPN hasn't picked this up and a major story. Then again, they ignored Big Ben being accused of rape so maybe their trying to get better .......... nah

Another bogus rumor:

It Is What It Is Vick isn’t in New England

I don't know why the media is so focused on him coming here. Whether or not it happens is another story - but all the speculation and nonsense of "looming" etc. is just ridiculous.

I think the fact that he's looking for a big payday to come back to the league is enough to dispell that thought. I just can't see Belichick offering him the type of money he's looking for to play here, and the fact that he's filing for bankruptcy will likely sway him toward going somewhere where he can get paid the money he thinks he's worth. He owes a lot of people a lot of money, and from what I've read the bankruptcy isn't going to necessarily free him from some of those obligations.

Last edited:

Why would BB use a roster spot in training camp on Vick?? Our Offense is loaded enough. WE NEED A PASS RUSHING OLB!! Lets trade for Burgess(yes im hoping that we trade for him). Or with what we have let of the cap, we could extend Wilfork!!Defense wins championships!! Also, i have a good feeling Vick will be playing in the UFL. He wants a big contract to pay off his debt, the UFL is offering him 7 digits compared to the 6 digit contract he would be getting in the NFL. Problem solved, NO MORE TALK ABOUT VICK!!!!

he's the same height and weight as ap

whoever gets him, i'm sure will use him as a rb because of the 2 year layoff

man, this is the kind of guy NE could make into a super weapon, another team? not so much

So we just ignore the AP report about his court appeareance???

I am not ignoring it and in fact called the friend of mine who told me about the barstoolsports rumor and told him that Barstool should probably stick to smut peddaling.

But I find it interesting that Reporters have told him it is false (persumably pointing to the report of court appearance) but he still said 100%.

In the past I think a week or so ago he got a rumor from someone he trusted that Remy would be back in the booth and than I think he wrote that e 80% sure Remy would be back. he was wrong on that so he likely is wrong on this. But he is adament on 100% at Logan.

This might be far fetched but is it out of the relm of possibility that he met this morning and was done with Bankruptcy court early in the AM and flew out and landed here early afternoon?

and please dont take this as my wanting Vick because I am not sure I do. But I read Barstool alot and felt I should let people now what I think about it.

How about this question, will you still be a fan if the Patriots sign Vick? My answer is no. I know it's premature and I would be extremely shocked if the Pats signed him, but I dislike Vick as a person. In fact, if I were a member of the Pats, I would demand a trade or sit out the season. I wouldn't want to play for a franchise that has an owner (Robert Kraft) and coach (Bill Belichick) that are hypocrites. All they do is preach their "humble pie" and other cliche bull****, yet sign a player who kills dogs for fun. I really hope this doesn't happen.

Last edited:

I am not ignoring it and in fact called the friend of mine who told me about the barstoolsports rumor and told him that Barstool should probably stick to smut peddaling.

But I find it interesting that Reporters have told him it is false (persumably pointing to the report of court appearance) but he still said 100%.

In the past I think a week or so ago he got a rumor from someone he trusted that Remy would be back in the booth and than I think he wrote that e 80% sure Remy would be back. he was wrong on that so he likely is wrong on this. But he is adament on 100% at Logan.

This might be far fetched but is it out of the relm of possibility that he met this morning and was done with Bankruptcy court early in the AM and flew out and landed here early afternoon?

and please dont take this as my wanting Vick because I am not sure I do. But I read Barstool alot and felt I should let people now what I think about it.

PFT has finally caught up. Barstool hopefully won't be far behind...

So much for the Vick-to-Pats rumors | ProFootballTalk.com

he'll be a rb/wr like how sd uses sproles, and everyone will owe me an apology cause i said this weeks ago haha

Except Sproles has played those positions for year. Vick has shown no ability to hold onto the ball or catch. Do you really want to take on a 30 year old project, especially one who has huge political issues, and is probably slower than hes ever been?

and if the pats do sign vick, his odds of staying on the straight and narrow shoot up very high

pats keep people in line...they've kept moss in line

Moss didn't run a multi state crime ring. Moss isn't a convicted felon.

1st post love the site..Hate this to be first post as Im not thinking they need or will get Vick BUT!!> I find it very annoying that the media trip over themselves to debunk rumors more then even creating them..Isnt it possible Vick was in court in VA then took a 2 hour flight to Boston to meet with BB et al? I mean really? Idiots just say unequivocally no way i got the scoop he is in VA today...LOL...Classic. I heard a few reports now he was in town and 1 he was at Gillette.. I live in Foxboro think I will hit CBS Scene to see if hes there. I mean the track is no longer there so He would be ok here wouldnt he?..:)

I guess I'll just post this in all the Vick threads in case Ian isn't in a mood to merge them into one giant crock...

According to the AP Vick was in court in VA today tending to his bankruptcy. He had no comment for reporters outside the courthouse...

Bill Belichick still con-committal on Michael Vick; Judge sends quarterback's bankruptcy plan to creditors for vote - ESPN

espn's headline isfunny. "Belichick non-commital"
Classic case of media trying to create a story just because they think pats are good fit for vick .just poor reporting..
when is bb commital about anything ?has he still said what injury brady had ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes