2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How would feel if M. Vick joint the PATs

• I have no problem if that happens

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • I would be disappointed but still be a loyal PATs fan

Votes: 98 44.7%
  • I would be very disappointed and may not support the PATs.

Votes: 15 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BB speaks on Vick

I am beginning to believe these Vick rumors, and here's why.

One of Belichick's greatest strengths is adapting, whether to an opponents in-game adjuustments or to league-wide trends. Clearly, between the pre-draft interest in Pat White and the pick of Julian Edelman, Belichick wants in on this wildcat thing, even if his motivation is just to bring in a practice body to run the scout team.

Pieces could be falling into place for the Pats to bring in a guy who, potentially, could be the premier wildcat back in the entire league. Vick's not going to start in 2009, so it is in his best interests to join a team in which he can rehab his image and, just maybe, make a big splash. Is there a better spot to do than in New England? There's practically no market for Vick's services right now. Nearly 20 teams have flatly rejected the notion of signing him. He could be had for a year on a prove-it deal for a low, low price.

What would he realistically bring to New England. At worst, he's training camp competition and practice body that can be used to help prepare defenses for opposing wildcat schemes. At best, he's an elite backup and an offensive utility man that defensive coordinators will have no choice but to prepare for. In either case it's a strategic win for the Pats.

This AP report would seem to indicate Vick was busy in VA today getting the judge to sign off on his bankruptcy plan. It states he had no comment for reporters outside the courthouse...

Judge sends Michael Vick's bankruptcy plan to creditors for vote - ESPN

Good catch. Would have to be a pretty early court room hearing and quick flight to the airport for these Logan spottings to be accurate. Not impossible, but certainly less probable.

Re: Vick visiting the Patriots today ?

I agree, we need a merge, I thought the Mods could do it

Good catch. Would have to be a pretty early court room hearing and quick flight to the airport for these Logan spottings to be accurate. Not impossible, but certainly less probable.

The AP story was posted an hour ago...

He wouldn't fly in commercial via logan if he were coming, either... He and his entourage would arrive in Providence or at Hanscom via private jet. People are just having as much fun with the media and each other as Bill is.

Classic BB behavior. Confuse the media and some rival with possible intent, force another team to make a stupid move to keep the Patriots from landing said person.

The Bills are probably falling into the BB trap as we speak.

Just curious....when has this scenario ever happened in the past? I honestly don't know of any of them and I'm not doubting you; I'd just like to know of some examples....

Involuntary Manslaughter vs running a multi state premeditated crime ring yeah, ridiculous.

If Stallworth wasn't drunk & high I might agree. But this wasn't exactly hitting a pedestrian Sunday morning on your way to church.

Last edited:
Re: If Vick lands with the Patriots...

would he be a wr, rb, or kick returner?

also, think of the hate it would bring on. they are already hated by all the other fans in the nfl, adding vick will only make them hated more. i hope they get vick if for no other reason than to BRING ON THE HATE
he'll be a rb/wr like how sd uses sproles, and everyone will owe me an apology cause i said this weeks ago haha

Re: Vick visiting the Patriots today ?

I guess I'll just post this in all the Vick threads in case Ian isn't in a mood to merge them into one giant crock...

According to the AP Vick was in court in VA today tending to his bankruptcy. He had no comment for reporters outside the courthouse...

Bill Belichick still con-committal on Michael Vick; Judge sends quarterback's bankruptcy plan to creditors for vote - ESPN

LOL @ PFT. Or per Box's suggestion last time I LOL'd at PFT, I'll go with "ROLFLMAO @ PFT".

Last edited:

and if the pats do sign vick, his odds of staying on the straight and narrow shoot up very high

pats keep people in line...they've kept moss in line

Asked if the Patriots have ruled out Michael Vick, coach Bill Belichick answered that he doesn't know that "it's ruled in or ruled out."

Pressed further on the team's possible interest in Vick, Belichick replied: "You know, I think we would consider ... Well, we’re coaching the players we have on the field right now. Anybody who isn't here ... is there a potential they could be here? Yeah, there probably is." Now he's just toying with us.
Source: Boston Herald

Here is what he actually said:

reporter question: "Has this organization ruled out the signing of Mike Vick?"

BB answer: "Have we ruled it out? Ummmmm....... I don't know that it is ruled in or ruled out.

reporter mumbles a response saying something like "...mumble mumble you're npt going to sign him."

BB: "well, I'm just answering your question and I'm saying I don't think it's ever been put that way so I couldn't really answer that.

reporter: mumble mumble

BB: "You know, I think we have ... we would consider ... No, we're not ... I mean, we're coaching the players we have on the field right now. So that's who's here, so anybody who isn't here, is there a potential they could be here? You know? Yeah, but there probably is, but right now they're not. Right now we're coaching the 80 players that are here, so until we get somebody else, we're coaching them. If we get somebody else in here, which I 'm sure at some point we will, when we'll coach them instead of the players that are here. Who-all that's going to be ...you know. I mean right now we're it's the 80 players who are here. That's all I can tell you."

reporter: "Sounds like you're not ruling that out?"

BB: "Karen, I'm coaching the players that here that are on the team That's what I'm doing. I'm not coaching anyone else. So, I'm sure at some point somebody else will be here. I don't know who that will be. I can't tell you that. If I knew they'd already be here."

Def. a "guy" site, but unless it was a coordinated effort by a bunch of guys to send him emails about seeing Vick at Logan, I'm listening ...

Pretty sure PFT picked it up and is running with it, so it will start gaining steam

(Btw, BSS's best feature is Rate this Sex Scandal Teacher, which really shines a light on the unfathomable number of female teachers having sex with HS students. I swear, there is like 2-3 a month. Crazy.)

Barstool is the sine qua non of failed rumor predictions. Just look at the past threads.

And me, I'm just glad I've graduated high school and can relax from the needy teacher threat.

Guess I'll put it here too...

I guess I'll just post this in all the Vick threads in case Ian isn't in a mood to merge them into one giant crock...

According to the AP Vick was in court in VA today tending to his bankruptcy. He had no comment for reporters outside the courthouse...

Bill Belichick still con-committal on Michael Vick; Judge sends quarterback's bankruptcy plan to creditors for vote - ESPN
i'm praying you guys don't sign him

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore