PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Pereira, 8 year Ref Supervisor, says Goodell is Preparing to fix Playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamblers try to fix games all the time and sometimes lose. You can't fix WWE because that's theater, it's not even competition. Someone is doing what they can to prevent at least the Pats from dominating.

The games are live on TV and the Patriots are trying to win and some teams, especially this year, are incompetent.

Because the best teams still win despite attempts to fix games. As I said, gamblers try to fix games without being caught. they lose sometimes, though. We won last year despite a conspiracy to destroy our preparation and focus during Super bowl week.

We find better players than other teams despite having draft picks stolen by the league. does that mean they didn't steal them? It's just an extra obstacle and will be even more satisfying when we snatch the trophy from that lizard.

So you're saying the games are fixed for gambling purposes but it doesn't matter because the best teams always or mostly win? And you're saying you enjoy trying to win despite the refs trying to cheat you out of it? Are only the pats games fixed or every game in the league or what? And are the games ever fixed in favor of the pats?

Been saying for a while....no WAY goodell can hand us the trophy again with what happened..he will try his hardest and i don't fear any team..i fear the refs

Show of hands... how many of you that are already convinced are going to quit watching football?

I most certainly will, as soon as TB & BB hang it up. I can barely stomach the game as it is today even with TB & BB still here.

Already, I don't watch any games other than the Pats'. And those I either stream those, or watch in a bar. Will never spend another $ on the NFL.

Last edited:
So you're saying the games are fixed for gambling purposes but it doesn't matter because the best teams always or mostly win? And you're saying you enjoy trying to win despite the refs trying to cheat you out of it? Are only the pats games fixed or every game in the league or what? And are the games ever fixed in favor of the pats?

I don't think you're attempting to address the issue.

Do you think there was an actual reason we were docked draft picks, our Super Bowl week preparations interrupted and our quarterback forced to prepare for court right up until the season started and that they are still pressing a four game suspension, even though a judge ruled against the league?

You can address this, or just keep posting irrelevant questions, I don't care.

You might try reading what I actually said, for starters.

I don't think you're attempting to address the issue.

Do you think there was an actual reason we were docked draft picks, our Super Bowl week preparations interrupted and our quarterback forced to prepare for court right up until the season started and that they are still pressing a four game suspension, even though a judge ruled against the league?

You can address this, or just keep putting words in my mouth, I don't care.

Goodell could fix the playoffs. and save everybody the expense and hassle of the first four rounds, by replacing them with an intimate ****tail party where he hands Belichick, Brady and Kraft the Lombardi trophy.

You must not be following. A completely fabricated, nonsens controversy requiring The quarterback and coach to submit to questioning, taking time away from super bowl preparations actually occurred. The Patriots won anyway.

The whole offseason caused our quarterbck to have to prepare for court instead of the next season. He was cleared in court, but we still lost draft picks.

What would you require as evidence that someone powerful was trying to prevent us from succeeding?

The only thing in our favor is, the games are on TV

How much more proof do people need to see that the NYJFL is trying to influence the outcome of games? The Saints have pretty much disappeared from the ranks of elite teams after 2009 and who knows how many more Lombardis the Pats might have had if they weren't robbed in 2007. That's why I'll be done once Brady leaves and I think others will follow.

Thanks for liking that i accidentally quoted myself.:confused:

I most certainly will, as soon as TB & BB hang it up. I can barely stomach the game as it is today even with TB & BB still here.

Already, I don't watch any games other than the Pats'. And those I either stream those, or watch in a bar. Will never spend another $ on the NFL.

- This is the first season in I don't remember how many years that I didn't buy tickets to any games.
- It's also the first season that I didn't buy any NFL/NEP gifts for myself, my family or friends. That one was real tough because I used to really like those blue fleece NEP winter gloves.
- This is the first season that I haven't watched some of my favorite shows, like PTI.
- This is the first season that I've totally ignored all pregame shows, though with the assortment of assclowns who fill up the airwaves with nonsense, that one wasn't too difficult. Some of those dopes weren't enjoyable to watch play, let alone listen to now.
- This is the first time that I have ever even contemplated leaving the game that I like best, but I don't see that changing, and it won't matter if Belichick stays. Once TB is gone so am I.
- Maybe if the NYJFL was disbanded I might reconsider, but I don't think that will be an issue.

What's the point, though, when you know the league office is just going to fix the playoffs?

Personally, although I was the type of guy who always loved passing, I am finding that it is out of control. Ice cream is great but not all the time. I find myself reminiscing about the Corey Dillon days, and missing the balanced attack.

There needs to be a website that tracks controversial calls per team if it doesn't already exist.

there's no way Goodell has the Patriots on the podium in Santa Clara in HIS nfl. after all, this is Roger's league, a league of integrity...

in keeping with said integrity the Patriots will lose either the divisional round or afc title game due to some schitty calls assisting the other team in the 4th quarter. they can't wait to f#ck the Patriots in the Super Bowl because too many eyeballs will be watching, so it'll be done sooner rather than later.

We'll have a big play called back due to an offensive pi penalty, a third/fourth down stop negated thanks to a defensive holding, or somesuch. perhaps the refs will ignore similar penalties on the other team....perhaps on a big third down play Gronkowski is mugged going across the field and it is not called...

We know this is coming. It has to be coming. Goodell and his NYJ minions are doing everything possible to undermine this team. Could be something as ESPN dropping their next "bombshell" 5 or 6 days before the first playoff to create a possible distraction. You know its coming, we can't stop it.

You don't have to be a fan to appreciate greatness.

We all appreciate greatness. What's so great about appreciating them while watching them fight uphill in a fixed contest that the league has set out to make them lose? Or, in other words, what's the point of following them and the sport when you already know what the outcome is going to be? I have to think two conclusions are evident here with the people that are saying the NFL is going to fix games and yet they will still watch...

1. They don't actually believe that.

2. They have zero testicular fortitude.

I'll be watching how this works against us in the playoffs with great interest. This will pretty much let me know whether or not I need to waste any more time following the game anymore. Sadly, some of you will still continue to watch and continue to pump ratings and revenue into their pockets even if they're actively looking to screw the team on the field. I really don't understand that mindset.

Or, in other words, what's the point of following them and the sport when you already know what the outcome is going to be? I have to think two conclusions are evident here with the people that are saying the NFL is going to fix games and yet they will still watch...

Because there's fixing and there's fixing.

I do not believe there is fixing in the "do whatever it takes to make sure NE loses" sense. For one thing, that'd likely be too obvious and the consequences to the NFL if it were ever discovered would be disastrous.

I do believe there is fixing in the "make NE play into a permanent headwind" sense. The idea is to hurt NE's chances without anything being on record that could bring the house of cards down. So it all has to be done by innuendo, winks, and nudges and so is far less efficient than a "true" fix. So NE still has a chance to win -- it'll just be harder than it'd be if everything were on the up-and-up. And that's why it is still worth watching -- (1) there's still uncertainty in the outcome, and (2) wanting to see if NE can overcome the NFL's thumb on the scales as well as the opponent on the field.

Last edited:
there's no way Goodell has the Patriots on the podium in Santa Clara in HIS nfl. after all, this is Roger's league, a league of integrity...

in keeping with said integrity the Patriots will lose either the divisional round or afc title game due to some schitty calls assisting the other team in the 4th quarter. they can't wait to f#ck the Patriots in the Super Bowl because too many eyeballs will be watching, so it'll be done sooner rather than later.

We'll have a big play called back due to an offensive pi penalty, a third/fourth down stop negated thanks to a defensive holding, or somesuch. perhaps the refs will ignore similar penalties on the other team....perhaps on a big third down play Gronkowski is mugged going across the field and it is not called...

We know this is coming. It has to be coming. Goodell and his NYJ minions are doing everything possible to undermine this team. Could be something as ESPN dropping their next "bombshell" 5 or 6 days before the first playoff to create a possible distraction. You know its coming, we can't stop it.

It's crystal clear, I don't think there will be anything related to cheating because that would put the NFL on the spotlights. It will be through refereeing. Mostly non call plays because again if it's a review-able play it can raise some eyebrows like when they put that crap in Denver. It's will be holding and holding and PI all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST