PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Pereira, 8 year Ref Supervisor, says Goodell is Preparing to fix Playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Ray I agree with you, but I'm not sure Reiss has the national "juice" necessary to grab the nation's attention. No one at the NFLN will do it, that's for sure. That's what I meant by a limited pool.

I agree with you. My post was regarding the likelihood Schefter would decide to bite the hand hat feeds him.

I do recall he pretty much called them liars regarding some aspect of the deflategate snowjob.

I'd say the likelihood of him calling him out has a lot to do with a credible alternative place of employment. Not likely now, in other words.

That's correct. This also happened to be the same game where a certain LB hit a certain QB who actually had to leave with a life threating injury and was replaced with a certain backup QB. What was that back-up's name again? I forget. ;)

As I exited Sullivan Stadium after that loss and the obvious loss of our starting QB, I reflected that we had lost game one to a then pathetic Bengals and just lost game 2 to a division rival putting us at 0-2 for the season. Despite the fact that I was really high on 2nd year Brady from having seen him at summer camp several times, I lost faith at 0-2. I thought here we are still in September and the season is already toast.

My personal record for Patriots football wrongness.

I always find this site interesting....

NFL Penalties - 2015 League Penalty Stats - View by Total - NFL Penalty Stats Tracker - List/Statistics/Data of NFL Penalties - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Over the last 3 years Arizona, MIA and Indy have had more go there way more often than other teams.

I never put much stock in penalty counts or yardage. The important factor determining how much the game is impacted is WHEN the penalties are called. Take the Broncos game....One could make the case that the Broncos had as many penalties and penalty yardage against them as did the PATS. (I forget the exact figures, but close one way or the other) But a 10 yard penalty negating a 50 pass play, and what amounted to a 3.5 yard penalty negating a huge sack in the red zone has way more impact than some random 13.5 yards in penalties going the other way. If you wanted to fix a game and not make it obvious, you would not call every penalty against one team. You would make it look relatively even, but just call (or not call) penalties one way or the other when it really mattered.

As I exited Sullivan Stadium after that loss and the obvious loss of our starting QB, I reflected that we had lost game one to a then pathetic Bengals and just lost game 2 to a division rival putting us at 0-2 for the season. Despite the fact that I was really high on 2nd year Brady from having seen him at summer camp several times, I lost faith at 0-2. I thought here we are still in September and the season is already toast.

Well you sure weren't alone. For some reason I remember Dr. Z's rankings after that game—he had the Pats dead last, and it’s not like that was a risky choice. They were 0-2 and had just lost their “star” QB. Man, sometimes it’s still hard to believe…

I always find this site interesting....

NFL Penalties - 2015 League Penalty Stats - View by Total - NFL Penalty Stats Tracker - List/Statistics/Data of NFL Penalties - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Over the last 3 years Arizona, MIA and Indy have had more go there way more often than other teams.
Very good find, I find it interesting the disparities between penalties counts for Dallas at home and away.
Washington gets penalized more at home.

I have done all the research, I have seen all the examples given. It just looks like a clear fumble to me. This we can be debated all day, but I will probably be among a few who thinks we got away with one there. If that happened against my Patriots, it will be forks and torches affair.

I've seen that call many times before, after and during the 2001 Snow Bowl, and each time my first reaction was that it was a fumble, and each time it was ruled incomplete. One of those times was a fumble by Tony Romo 5 or 6 years ago that was picked up and taken in for a TD. That was called incomplete also.

If anyone believes anything Blandino says I'd love to sell em some FL swampland I have....

Speaking of swampland in Florida, my dad was telling me a story many years ago about the time in the 50's that he bought ten 1 acre lots of land in Florida for 2K a lot and got nervous when he saw all the water in the area on a map. He sold it all back the next day and didn't lose a dime. Those lots were in Naples.

As for the topic of the NYJFL influencing the outcome of games behind the curtain, I'm surprised that I'm 80 posts in and nobody has mentioned the gambling aspect. Even if they aren't screwing one team or another, they are clearly in position to fix games for cash.

Who knows, maybe some day we'll find Fraudger and his pals stuffed in the trunks of cars on the NJ Turnpike.

Somewhat related, on SIRIUS NFL Radio yesterday hey were interviewing Jeff Fischer and ended by asking him the most innocuous questions about the new Blandino mission. JF did point out some usefulness in that NYJFL CENTCOM would ensure that proper track of downs and the game clock would be monitored as such errors have happened this year. If that and obvious mis-interpretation of the rules were the only CENTCOM tasks, I'd be for it...but alas, it is not so.

That's the same Jeff Fisher who sits on the competition committee and said during a game this year that he didn't see Case Keenum stumbling around half unconscious, and that it was nobody's fault when he was left in. His opinion matters to me just as much as Fraudger's.

The worst thing about officiating is that they can call something on every play, if they want to, and the worst they’ll hear is something like, “yeaaah…that was a little borderline” or whatever. Holding? Please. Every play they could rationalize it.

On Butler’s interception, they could have flagged Revis, say, for defensive holding. All that would have happened would be a couple of “hmmm, don’t see much there,” and the world goes ahead and celebrates the Seahawks’ second consecutive Super Bowl. We’d lose our minds, but that just makes people happy anyway.

(OT…time for Malcolm to get a couple picks.)

Last edited:

I went to the Bucs preseason game with great seats [my boss] that year and between that and the Bengals, the team looked dead. I bet it was only a matter of time til BB made the switch, but that saved him a worse scenario than replacing the way overrated Kosar.

The worst thing about officiating is that they can call something on every play, if they want to, and the worst they’ll here is something like, “yeaaah…that was a little borderline” or whatever. Holding? Please. Every play they could rationalize it.

On Butler’s interception, they could have flagged Revis, say, for defensive holding. All that would have happened would be a couple of “hmmm, don’t see much there,” and the world goes ahead and celebrates the Seahawks’ second consecutive Super Bowl. We’d lose our minds, but that just makes people happy anyway.

(OT…time for Malcolm to get a couple picks.)
The SNF crew are the worse offenders of what you are saying. I get so pissed off especially if it is against us.

Last edited:
It has never been more clear... the NFL is "adjusting" it's in-game system of outcome manipulation during the playoffs in order to exact final punishment on the New England Patriots .
And when NE is sent packing in the playoffs, the home office will disband "Operation Every Decision is Designed to Take NE Down" and on-field referees will resume full control of game day operations.
The conspiracy that was "inept refereeing" throughout the league in 2015 was simply an elaborate ploy to gain ultimate control of game day operations inside Goodell's power central....just for the Patriots playoff game.
It is all so clear now. I'm surprised Pereira didn't include the Patriots name when explaining the "fix."
Just shows you the layers involved in this conspiracy.

Well you sure weren't alone. For some reason I remember Dr. Z's rankings after that game—he had the Pats dead last, and it’s not like that was a risky choice. They were 0-2 and had just lost their “star” QB. Man, sometimes it’s still hard to believe…

Guilty!
I was already looking ahead to who was coming out in the next draft that we could get.

I learned a valuable lesson from that, part of which is that winning and losing are habits, and it isn't worth the stud player you can draft high when the organization is disfunctional.

The same teams continuing to draft high while remaining bad year after year is evidence of this.

I gave you a "Like" for your honesty...I've often said that I'll bet that a lot of folks who were posting out here in 2001 are very grateful that the Search function doesn't go back that far.

Guilty!
I was already looking ahead to who was coming out in the next draft that we could get.

I learned a valuable lesson from that, part of which is that winning and losing are habits, and it isn't worth the stud player you can draft high when the organization is disfunctional.

The same teams continuing to draft high while remaining bad year after year is evidence of this.
Another "Like" for honesty.

I wasn't posting on the Board back then, just lurking. But I too remember being very skeptical about Brady, but that was offset a bit by the fact that I never had the gut feeling that Bledsoe, as great as he was, was a guy who was going to win it all...I saw Drew as a safe guy to keep the Patriots competitive...which, at the time, was a pretty big deal. So, maybe I was a little more open to Brady than were others...but I can't honestly say that I saw him as a guy to win it all...and certainly not as the GOAT...at that time. I suspect that only Tom Brady, his dad and a handful of others thought that he was destined for greatness.

It was only in subsequent years that we learned the BB felt that Brady had beaten Bledsoe out for the starting job in Training Camp but gave it to Bledsoe anyway...I always thought that his experience in benching a popular Bernie Kosar in Cleveland had a lot to do with that...but we'll have to wait for his book to find out.

As for the topic of the NYJFL influencing the outcome of games behind the curtain, I'm surprised that I'm 80 posts in and nobody has mentioned the gambling aspect. Even if they aren't screwing one team or another, they are clearly in position to fix games for cash.

Who knows, maybe some day we'll find Fraudger and his pals stuffed in the trunks of cars on the NJ Turnpike.
I refer you back to my comment about this arrangemennt being the ideal setup through which organized crime can exert their influence. Controlling the disposition of gambling money is precisely what I had in mind.

I refer you back to my comment about this arrangemennt being the ideal setup through which organized crime can exert their influence. Controlling the disposition of gambling money is precisely what I had in mind.

I have no concern with organized crime gaining influence my concern is more focused on those running the league running it like wrestling and picking The winners and most appealing match ups instead, of allowing the game to dictate winning and losing. With these @ssholes in charge I see that as more likely than not in the years to come. I'm not really sure how much longer I will be a football fan, it could very, well go the way of baseball and no longer be an interest to make. They certainly make it more and more difficult to enjoy and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST