PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McKenzie is done for the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rookie LB McKenzie Out For 2009

God help us if Mayo went down

A wasted 3rd round pick. Too bad for Mckenzie. Isnt he the guy who overcame many adversities. Let's hope he overcomes this one.

Horrible news. He'll lose a year in development and we lose depth with our ILBs. Is there a chance we could go after Larry Foote now?

Nah Foote is with the Lions. Sucks though for Mckenzie.

Re: OMG, are all our new guys made of glass ?!

Dropping like flies? HUH? Did someone else get injured? Do you ALWAYS over-react? Seriously. Relax. it happens.. And not just to the Patriots.

Taylor got injured...oh wait just a sprained wrist that should be healed very shortly.

Other than him who else has been injured this year?

A wasted 3rd round pick. Too bad for Mckenzie. Isnt he the guy who overcame many adversities. Let's hope he overcomes this one.

It isn't a waste of a 3rd round pick, but rather that pick's first season. Crable wasn't a wasted pick because he got hurt last year; he has a chance to compete for a starting job. I am with you in hoping he returns from this injury; given his work ethic, I can see him in the mix next year for the team. Really too bad, I had high hopes of him and Tedy forming a good 1-2 punch this year.

Doubt it really was a season ending injury. There just wasn't any roster spot for him. Last year it was Rudd and Crable before that i think it was Kareem Brown and Oscar Lua..

It isn't a waste of a 3rd round pick, but rather that pick's first season. Crable wasn't a wasted pick because he got hurt last year; he has a chance to compete for a starting job. I am with you in hoping he returns from this injury; given his work ethic, I can see him in the mix next year for the team. Really too bad, I had high hopes of him and Tedy forming a good 1-2 punch this year.

Absolutely correct. The pick wasn't wasted at all. It's tough that these things happen, but no one could foresee this happening, anymore than TFB going down 14 minutes into last year's season.

that sucks....

i wanted him, to see exaclty what he could do and all...

that sucks so much, both for him, and for NE, and for us as fans...hopefully he can do the mental part for a year, and come back blazing strong next yr....

i really wanted to c him

I heard that on the radio about two hours ago...as I was driving back home and just yelled out the window in disgust..IT REALLY SUCKS!!!
I feel so bad for him...all work etc and now out..all I can say is I wish him a quick recovery for 10,

Horrible news. He'll lose a year in development and we lose depth with our ILBs. Is there a chance we could go after Larry Foote now?

Foote signed with the Kittens i mean the Lions!!

Doubt it really was a season ending injury. There just wasn't any roster spot for him. Last year it was Rudd and Crable before that i think it was Kareem Brown and Oscar Lua..

I think it's more than making room for a roster spot. The guy blew an ACL. It's season-ending. Period.

And the eventual fate of those you listed about (and let's also not forget the immortal Brock Williams) tends to favor the fact that poor McKenzie's NFL career is likely over before it has begun.

(Hopefully Crable bucks the rookie IR trend ...)

I think it's more than making room for a roster spot. The guy blew an ACL. It's season-ending. Period.

And the eventual fate of those you listed about (and let's also not forget the immortal Brock Williams) tends to favor the fact that poor McKenzie's NFL career is likely over before it has begun.

(Hopefully Crable bucks the rookie IR trend ...)

If that were the case, Benjamin Watson would have been done, too.

He may be done for 2009, but let's not pronounce his career done just yet.

Of course this is terrible news and you can't help but feel bad for the kid. At least he's going to have a full year plus to rehab.

Imagine if this had been one of those try-out guys. The Patriots might not have even been obligated to pay for the surgery (don't know the rules on this).

not getting any lb help is going to kill this team

Of course this is terrible news and you can't help but feel bad for the kid. At least he's going to have a full year plus to rehab.

Imagine if this had been one of those try-out guys. The Patriots might not have even been obligated to pay for the surgery (don't know the rules on this).
Reiss has some info on how contracts to players are dealt with...ones that have injuries...Iit looks like a contract will be negotiated similar to where a player like him was drafted last year...and I can only assume the team will take care of surgery and rehab etc. SO unfortunate....but GLAD Reiss is on top of it all.
From Reiss's pieces.....Patriots blog - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

After speaking with an agent, here is a snapshot of how it works:
Prior to draft picks participating in a mini-camp, their agents receive a tender letter and an injury protection agreement from teams.
The tender letter says that by drafting the player, the team has the player's rights. The injury protection agreement notes that in the event of a career or season-ending injury, the team will negotiate in good faith based on the contract the player at that spot received the year before.
In this case, McKenzie was selected 97th overall.
Last year's 97th overall pick, Bengals receiver Andre Caldwell, received a reported four-year, $2.265 million contract with a $560,000 signing bonus.

Absolutely correct. The pick wasn't wasted at all. It's tough that these things happen, but no one could foresee this happening, anymore than TFB going down 14 minutes into last year's season.

Well put. I'm dissapointed because I was really looking forward to seeing this kid play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft