PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McKenzie is done for the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
To: [email protected]

Subject: We May Need You

Junior-

Hope all is well with the family, restaurant, and the surfing.

Just checking in to make sure your cell number(s) have not changed. Needed to IR a decent ILB prospect today. Not sure how Bru or the other guys will step up or hold up for the 2009 campaign.

Not that I need to tell you but stay in shape and lets keep the lines of communication open.

Best Regards,

Bill

OMG, are all our new guys made of glass ?!

They're dropping like flies and they have barely got to the PRACTICE field yet!

WTF!

Did BB go shopping at the glass factory this offseason?

Re: OMG, are all our new guys made of glass ?!

Mods, please lock this thread.

Mods, please lock this thread.

Eh, I just merged him in with a serious thread on the matter.

Cool. It's still a ridiculous post mind.

WHAT THA FAK.:confused::mad::(

This is sad news for him. I was hoping he could prove the doubters wrong. Oh well. Maybe he'll be able to do something next year if the Pats choose to have him back.

Bummer. McKenzie just became our extra 3rd round rookie LB for 2010 - just like Shawn Crable is our 3rd round rookie LB for 2009. Seems to happen every year. I just hope this is our hit for the year and that we don't have more attrition in training camp.

I was thinking the same thing. d%#*!@t :mad: I think he could've contributed this year too.

At least it happened early so we'll have time on our side which is good :)

Thanks for coming out! :rolleyes: Anyways, I didn't expect much from this guy because Guyton is already a year ahead of him. McKenzie will make more of an impact as soon as Bruschi retires.

wow..............****y start for sure

quick question if they IR him does he still count on the 51 or 52 man roster?

<ObC*B*rant> grumble grumble grumble wouldn't have happened to B***** grumble grumble grumble </rant>

I hope he's 100% for next spring.

wow..............****y start for sure

quick question if they IR him does he still count on the 51 or 52 man roster?

No. And, as a matter of fact, since he doesn't officially count until he's signed, if he's IRed before he signs, he doesn't count against the roster, period.

Last edited:

They're dropping like flies and they have barely got to the PRACTICE field yet!

WTF!

Did BB go shopping at the glass factory this offseason?

Dropping like flies? HUH? Did someone else get injured? Do you ALWAYS over-react? Seriously. Relax. it happens.. And not just to the Patriots.

Rookie LB McKenzie Out For 2009

Ian's Daily Blog - Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe reported on Wednesday that Patriots rookie linebacker Tyrone McKenzie, who was injured during the team’s rookie mini-camp last weekend, is out for the season.According to the report*the rookie suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, which occurred*during the first of two practice sessions last Saturday after [...]

No. And, as a matter of fact, since he doesn't officially count until he's signed, if he's IRed before he signs, he doesn't count against the roster, period.

thanx, atleast we have other capble LBs on the team

Damn! I was hoping the guy would compete for the starting role by the end of the season. Still not 100% sold on Guyton as anything other than a role player/rotation guy.

Too bad Foote signed right away with the Lions, he might have been a good replacement.

Looks like the same mysterious injury that Crable suffered last year..... Hmmmmmmm....... Odd how many rookies suffer season-ending injuries....

Re: Rookie LB McKenzie Out For 2009

Sucks for him...and for the linebacker corps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back