PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McKenzie is done for the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injury bug is hitting early this year, damn!

Does anyone know what happens in this situation, where McKenzie is injured without a contract? Presumably some insurance must be made available to him - and some assurance that the team will still negotiate his contract in good faith?

That's disappointing, hopefully he's able to come back and contribute in camp in 2010 so BB & Co. is able to get an accurate read on his ability.

**** I had high hopes for this kid, this year :mad:

This guy has the worst damn luck! I had hoped he would really help at LB.

Damn, that really sucks. I feel real bad for the kid, everyone knows his story, hopefully he'll contribute down the line. Unfortunately, we could've used him this year, for sure.

That's a stinger. Damn.

Does anyone know what happens in this situation, where McKenzie is injured without a contract? Presumably some insurance must be made available to him - and some assurance that the team will still negotiate his contract in good faith?

See Brock Williams, 2001. He didn't sign a contract until September.

That sucks - Time to look for more decent looking LBs

Sucks to see the initial fears realized. ****. Totally sucks. Really was looking forward to this kid play.

I was wondering the same thing as a previous poster: what happens when you're injured w/o contract? Obviously some kind of injury policy must have been taken out by his agent, but can't imagine it's all that much for a third rounder.

Hopefully the Pats still do the right thing and sign him to a contract as they would sans injury. Of course, they are well within their rights to lower the salary, but still should give the guy a contract.

If the Pats want to keep him they'll have to sign him to a contract anyway, won't they? If he doesn't play this year and has no contract wouldn't his rights go back to the draft next year?

If the Pats want to keep him they'll have to sign him to a contract anyway, won't they? If he doesn't play this year and has no contract wouldn't his rights go back to the draft next year?

The Pats will sign him to the same contract he would have received if

not injured.

Bummer. McKenzie just became our extra 3rd round rookie LB for 2010 - just like Shawn Crable is our 3rd round rookie LB for 2009. Seems to happen every year. I just hope this is our hit for the year and that we don't have more attrition in training camp.

Dang. That's it, no more practices, and everyone wears a knee-brace at all times.

Soon it will be touch football... oh it was?

Sucks. The Lord hath smiled upon Gary Guyton yet again.

wtf. . . .........

He should be 100% for next year and know the defense well so he should be fine. Meanwhile Bruschi, Guyton and hopefully Appleby will be OK for this season. Although a veteran signee could be possible depending on the latter two.

He should be 100% for next year and know the defense well so he should be fine. Meanwhile Bruschi, Guyton and hopefully Appleby will be OK for this season. Although a veteran signee could be possible depending on the latter two.
Don't forget Mayo.

Man, this sucks for McKenzie. I feel really bad for him. It sounds like he is a good guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back