PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney is made out of glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad Jackson had done nothing ( wow three td's) and Maroney is hurt all the time. He is had already missed three games out of six and came out of the games he actually played in early several times. He was banged up laast year and ob the trend continues.

Im sure Maroney is not playing today because he does not have to right?

The fact that you don't understand my point suggests to me that you're younger and less intelligent than I even thought. Never mind, kid. You'll learn someday.

Thats a great point but what does that have to do with Maroney being hurt ALL the time.
Firstly he is NOT hurt ALL the time..ALL since you acapitalized it means what it says and you Sir ARE totally WRONG with that...I tend to think you are the one who is injured...in teh head with your dumb talk..or maybe you are Felger's and Borges's long lost cousin.... What would you have said about WIllie McG during the first years of his career...BUST!!..He was injured a lot..and I am sure there are others as well...Maybe you just want the attention but you are making stupid comments..as far as I am concerned this is one dumb thread...and the quicker it goes bye-bye the better..

Last edited:
Another thing to keep in mind is the increase of rb injuries just could be the fact the defensives are bigger and faster.
In football past these guys weren't big but weren't bulging muscle on too of muscle or the regimens that these guys go thru.
So you have a guy about 200 pounds running full speed into a defensive line with a weight about 300 pounds average.
Also getting nailed by linebackers with a weight of 230 average.
Injuries will take a toll, and todays nfl is all about being safe rather than sorry.
So of course the dr's and team personnel say we need to sit him a little bit more.
These players are warriors if it were any of these guys decission i'm sure they'd want to play.
I mean who wouldn't we look for guys who football is important to.
Pioli isn't scouting guys who have great natural ability but once they get some money don't care about playing anymore.
I trust our scouting department not to pick up the wrong kind of athlete.

You guys jus keep on chuggin the koolaid. Maybe Maroney can come back by week 6. Im sure that is the master plan:rolleyes:

What about Rodney Harrison? he's been injured a ton but I don't see anyone calling him injury prone. Let's slow down a little, it's only his sophomore year, a little too early to write the guy off IMO.

Hello...he's missed 4 games in his career. Which bizarro world are you living in where that equates to "never being healthy"?

He played injured last year, and it is good to see he is tough, but the fact that he was banged up means he wasn't playing as good as he could. Obviously every RB is banged up by the end of the season, but most of them are getting more carries.

Maroney is one of my favorite pats players. I really do think he has a ton of potential. He just hasn't shown to be great yet, but I think that he will be much better as time goes on.

You guys jus keep on chuggin the koolaid. Maybe Maroney can come back by week 6. Im sure that is the master plan:rolleyes:

It's "chuggin {sic} the koolaid" to say that you're being hyperbolic and over-the-top in saying that he's hurt - quote - "ALL THE TIME?"

What about Rodney Harrison? he's been injured a ton but I don't see anyone calling him injury prone. Let's slow down a little, it's only his sophomore year, a little too early to write the guy off IMO.

Compare the two at the same age.

Last edited:
It's "chuggin {sic} the koolaid" to say that you're being hyperbolic and over-the-top in saying that he's hurt - quote - "ALL THE TIME?"

Sorry Maroney is hurt 50 percent of the time this year. Is that better?

Last edited:
Chad Jackson had done nothing ( wow three td's)

3 TD's relative to the amount of time he played on the field (a concept you simply cannot seem to grasp, along with the fact that "proned" is not a word) is not "nothing." Sorry, you're just making a fool of yourself.

Given the evidence of the past few seasons, Rodney has reached the point in his career where perhaps he has become too brittle for reliable NFL play. Same with Seau. Lets hope they break the tradition and stay healthy for the ring.

As to Maroney, it is rational though still early to question his durability. All NFL RBs are dinged up. Some get hurt less and/or can play while sub-par. Maroney may be one of those guys easily dinged, slow in recovery and unable to play at less than 90+ % or so. Thinking rationally, do NFL RBs get healthier as they add each year to their careers or does it go the other way?

All NFL RBs are dinged up. Some get hurt less and/or can play while sub-par.

By all accounts (even film of him in practice on Friday) Maroney could have played. We have a luxury here named Sammy. We have no need to do anything questionable with Maroney. I'm sure if this was the SB he'd be lining up and ready to go.

This is not a SB.

Not even close.

Oh, I love the hype, but this is no SB. We need to plan for the entire season, which is 19 games, and to me this is smart handling of the personnel.

Through a whopping six games, which means... precisely nothing.

Rightttt , missing three out of the first six games when you dont even run the ball that much is no cause for concern :rolleyes:

Lemme guess you think Maroney can fly to huh?

Given the evidence of the past few seasons, Rodney has reached the point in his career where perhaps he has become too brittle for reliable NFL play. Same with Seau. Lets hope they break the tradition and stay healthy for the ring.

As to Maroney, it is rational though still early to question his durability. All NFL RBs are dinged up. Some get hurt less and/or can play while sub-par. Maroney may be one of those guys easily dinged, slow in recovery and unable to play at less than 90+ % or so. Thinking rationally, do NFL RBs get healthier as they add each year to their careers or does it go the other way?

My point exactly. I can name plenty of backs who play a lot more then Maroney and carry the ball many more times. Sorry I want my franchise rb to play more then 50 percent of the time. The homers hear what the want to hear. I am not saying Maroney is a bust. I am saying at this point his health is an issue.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

Oh that's right.
Do you still think we can get a 2nd rounder for Seymour, or is that way to high now?
Calling a rookie WR a bust is excessive don't you think?
It too bad about Maroney, we should trade for steven Jackson. Think if we sent them Seymour and our 1st next year it could get done?:D

Hey, Danny88 is right on about Seymour since signing his new contract. NFL players can't be allowed to wait until ALL the pain is gone. The great ones all played through pain.

And don't go giving us some example like Ted Johnson...that would just be lame!

Hey, Danny88 is right on about Seymour since signing his new contract. NFL players can't be allowed to wait until ALL the pain is gone. The great ones all played through pain.

And don't go giving us some example like Ted Johnson...that would just be lame!

For the record I was not the one who wanted to trade big Sey for anything. Different poster.

Rightttt , missing three out of the first six games when you dont even run the ball that much is no cause for concern :rolleyes:

Lemme guess you think Maroney can fly to huh?

I see that point flew right over your head.

To those of you who are focusing on Maroney's health issues--yes, of course we all want first round draft picks to be on the field, and we all would like to have Maroney in the lineup. I'm not convinced, though, that looking at individual players is the only way to see the running attack. Whether or not LM is injury-prone, or unlucky, or both, or whether the coaching staff is merely being extra-cautious with him, we just can't say yet. However, the running success has to be kept in mind over a focus on individual injuries. A back like Larry Johnson, or even Ladainian Tomlinson (prior to last week), despite being healthy in every game, has produced almost nothing in the ground game.

I think that the coaching staff looks more at the overall production rather than any individual player (pieces of the puzzle only), and perhaps feels that keeping Maroney out a bit longer is good. Whether this can work much longer remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes