PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney is made out of glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the rumors are true and he is out tommorow there is nothing more to say. Hurt way to much. Way to much. This is a young back who does not even get a full load of carries. I dont want to hear about the "precautionary" crap.

When are people going to face the facts and admit Maroney has injury issues? If he plays tommorow I will take most this post back.

I agree with you, so far it has looked like a bad pick. I am not saying Maroney is bad when he is healthy. The only problem is that he is never healthy, so we won't get to see the great RB he could be. Hopefully he can play in at least one more game this season.

I hope that Maroney watches Sammy Morris, and does nothing else, learn to condition so you aren't injured after 15 carries a game, and learn to pound the ball, instead of being a ballerina.

I don't like this because I really like Maroney, he just needs to stay healthy.

What does that have to do with anything. Maroney does not even carry a full load. Gore carries the ball way more then Maroney with his injurys. Maroney was healthy when he was drafted. The guy is ALWAYS banged up or hurt.

Don't watch much college ball, do ya?

Don't watch much college ball, do ya?

Are you telling me Maroney has the injury concerns Gore did. Btw when Maroney actually carries the ball 20 plus times without hurting himself we can comapre the two.

I agree with you, so far it has looked like a bad pick. I am not saying Maroney is bad when he is healthy. The only problem is that he is never healthy, so we won't get to see the great RB he could be. Hopefully he can play in at least one more game this season.

I hope that Maroney watches Sammy Morris, and does nothing else, learn to condition so you aren't injured after 15 carries a game, and learn to pound the ball, instead of being a ballerina.

Hello...he's missed 4 games in his career. Which bizarro world are you living in where that equates to "never being healthy"?

Who can carry a full load? The NFL is a running back by committee league these days.

If Maroney plays more than 75% of the year I'll be happy with him.

75% of the games or 75% of the carries in each game? There is a huge difference. It only works when the two ball carriers compliment each other in the same game!

Hello...he's missed 4 games in his career. Which bizarro world are you living in where that equates to "never being healthy"?

These are the type of posts that make me laugh.

Last edited:
Danny do you ever post anything POSITIVE? EVER?

Last edited:
Who can carry a full load? The NFL is a running back by committee league these days.

If Maroney plays more than 75% of the year I'll be happy with him.

If thats all you expect out of a a first round rb then good luck to ya.

These are the type of posts that make me laugh.

Oh really, please explain it to me, I'm in the mood for a good laugh.

Last edited:
Are you telling me Maroney has the injury concerns Gore did. Btw when Maroney actually carries the ball 20 plus times without hurting himself we can comapre the two.

Ugh....this is annoying. No, what I'm saying is that when Gore was at Miami he was constantly knicked up. A knee here, a foot there, a knee there, an ankle here ect....He came in and beat McGahee for the starting spot as a frosh was a stud for a few games, got hurt and never lived up to his hype. 'Canes fans were calling him soft, a bum, all the rest. He hit the pro's a year later and look what happened. Injuries happen in football. It's part of the game. Do you have any idea the kind of pounding these guys take on a game to game basis? A groin injury isn't an issue of muscularity, bone density or tendon strength. It's what happens when you cut the wrong way or take a wrong step. Muscle tears happen all the time, and you can't play through them because they limit your ability to do the responsibilities of a tailback. That's why he is out. Not because he is frail.

Danny88, you're an anti-fan and your posts are the things that are made out of glass. It's horrible.

When Maroney puts up 110 yds. on the Cowboys tomorrow, you'll be saying 'I told you so' - it's just gar-baj.

I dont want to hear about the "precautionary" crap.

When are people going to face the facts
Interesting choice of words.

You refuse to listen to what is happening, and then ask why OTHER people don't face facts.

There is a whole lot of spazzy and stupid in this post. This thread is a totally unsurprising disgrace. I don't want to hear anything from you people when Maroney comes back and plays.

If the rumors are true and he is out tommorow there is nothing more to say. Hurt way to much. Way to much. This is a young back who does not even get a full load of carries. I dont want to hear about the "precautionary" crap.

Yeah, you don't want to hear anything, it might screw up your view of the world.

When are people going to face the facts and admit Maroney has injury issues? If he plays tommorow I will take most this post back.

Awesome, so your conclusion that Maroney has "injury issues" is solely based on whether he plays tomorrow. Very logical.

I agree that Maroney's ability to get on the field is a problem. He has been sharing the load for each of his seasons and can't stay healthy. Really, the load may not be the problem as any play can result in an injury, but you want more from a player. An RB is different in that playing hurt is not practical as effectiveness goes way down compared with other positions, but it is concerning. Look at what he did late last year after being injured...... nothing.

It is being reported that Maroney is out of tomorrow's game.

I agree that Maroney's ability to get on the field is a problem. He has been sharing the load for each of his seasons and can't stay healthy. Really, the load may not be the problem as any play can result in an injury, but you want more from a player. An RB is different in that playing hurt is not practical as effectiveness goes way down compared with other positions, but it is concerning. Look at what he did late last year after being injured...... nothing.

It is being reported that Maroney is out of tomorrow's game.

That's not true. He got back on the field for the Jax and Tenn. games. Was productive and scored in both of them.

Last edited:
Ugh....this is annoying. No, what I'm saying is that when Gore was at Miami he was constantly knicked up. A knee here, a foot there, a knee there, an ankle here ect....He came in and beat McGahee for the starting spot as a frosh was a stud for a few games, got hurt and never lived up to his hype. 'Canes fans were calling him soft, a bum, all the rest. He hit the pro's a year later and look what happened. Injuries happen in football. It's part of the game. Do you have any idea the kind of pounding these guys take on a game to game basis? A groin injury isn't an issue of muscularity, bone density or tendon strength. It's what happens when you cut the wrong way or take a wrong step. Muscle tears happen all the time, and you can't play through them because they limit your ability to do the responsibilities of a tailback. That's why he is out. Not because he is frail.

Yes, and Maroney while in college carried the load his last few years. If I need to remind people he didn't always have Marion Barber and actually carried the ball 43 times for 258 yards in one game against Wisconsin. He had a bunch of other games with a lot of carries and big yardage, as well.

That's not true. He got back on the field for the Jax and Tenn. games. Was productive and scored in both of them.

I'll give you that, but where was he in the playoffs?

I'll give you that, but where was he in the playoffs?

Where was NE's entire rushing game in the playoffs, especially against the Colts? Dillon had one long run but for the most part he was shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes