PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney is made out of glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
In "danny world," missing 3 out of 6 games means you're "ALWAYS" hurt.

Really?

Sounds to me like you are downplaying the fact he has missed three of six games. You are saying in the grand scheme of a 16 game season that means little correct? Which is does.

Next

So what you're saying is that... you agree with me?

Ben Watson got hurt and missed his "whole" rookie year - I think after 1 1/2 games! 1 1/2!!! And he wasn't even STARTING then! He's terrible! He hasn't become a fixture in the Pats offense since then!

It only took a measley 1.5 games for him to get injured! And since we all know that it is a direct line from how much action it took for you to get hurt and how fragile you are, that means Benjamin Watson is a waste and a bust and is always injured!

Last edited:
Ben Watson got hurt and missed his "whole" rookie year - I think after 1 1/2 games! 1 1/2!!! And he wasn't even STARTING then! He's terrible! He hasn't become a fixture in the Pats offense since then!

It only took a measley 1.5 games for him to get injured! And since we all know that it is a direct line from how much action it took for you to get hurt and how fragile you are, that means Benjamin Watson is a waste and a bust and is always injured!

Stop making excuses for maroney. Whats it going to take for you to admit he had injury issues. Miss 5 out of 16 games? Maybe six.

Stop making excuses for maroney. Whats it going to take for you to admit he had injury issues. Miss 5 out of 16 games? Maybe six.

So you're refusing to acknowledge how much my Benjamin Watson allusion totally F's up your knee-jerk little spaz-out? Roger that. White flag noted.

As a fan, I know it can be frustrating to see a player out. But is this true, he's only missed 4 games in his short career (today may be 5??). Wouldn't you rather have him healthy and ready to go for a stretch run than take a chance on him returning too soon?? Give the guy a break, let him get healthy, and go with who you have.

Damn, the day He Ban Me makes more sense than some of the Patriots fans on here.....

He's had his problems, that's for sure.

To me, though, his situation resembles Watson's at a similar point in his career. Some guys start off badly with the injuries, and some guys go a while looking good before it whacks them. Right now I think it's too soon to make a call on Maroney. Not enough data.

Watson, Gay, Jackson, Thomas, there are a few guys who have had problems early in their careers but you can't just assume none of them will ever stabilize and have some success.

Exactly, some of these posters seem to forget most young players go through at least some problems with injuries during their first two years in the NFL.

As I've mentioned before. Maroney's running style doesn't fit his physical stature. He's not big enough to be engaging in as much contact as he does.

He's no Walter Payton.

He needs be more elusive.

If he keeps up his current style of running, he'll have a short career.

6'0 tall and 220lbs isn't big enough to run physical? He's about the same size as Morris. I do agree Maroney needs to run with an elusive style but that has more to do with getting him into the open field where he can use his speed.

Calling Maroney made of glass and jackson a bust is a little premature. I also thought that jackson was not going to make it.

we should tank all of our games to save the draft pick and get mcfadden :)

Actually our record has zero impact on whether we could get him with our 1st round pick. You need to start watching those 4 PM west coast games to follow that outcome.

Actually our record has zero impact on whether we could get him with our 1st round pick. .

Untrue. If the Patriots miss the playoffs, they don't lose their first rounder.

Well well. Now that the real horse ( Morris ) is hurt can we count on Maroney to step in and stay healthy until he gets back?

Btw great game tonight for the pats. Minus the loss of Watson. Yes Maroney is still injury proned.

Nope

Last edited:
Well well. Now that the real horse ( Morris ) is hurt can we count on Maroney to step in and stay healthy until he gets back?

Btw great game tonight for the pats. Minus the loss of Watson. Yes Maroney is still injury proned.

Nope

The word is PRONE, not proned.

The word is PRONE, not proned.

Does it make you0 feel better to call out a simple spelling error? Morris just got hurt. Maybe badly. Maroney is NOT going to be able to carry the full load and stay healthy. Hows that running game look with Faulk as the #1?

Worried yet?

Last edited:
Does it make it feel better to call out a simple spelling error? Morris just got hurt. maybe badly. Maroney is NOT going to be able to carry the full load and stay healthy.

Worried yet?

No, but our resident fake-fan seems to be.
Seriously meatball, what team are you a fan of really? Colts?

Last edited:
No, but our resident fake-fan seems to be.
Seriously meatball, what team are you a fan of really? Colts?

I am a pats fan. I love how I am not a fan since I called out maroney for being injury prone. Deal with the fact that our number one pick cant stay on the field. Now he HAS to stay on the field because the real horse (Morris) might be hurt bad. Lets hear it right now. Do you think Maroney can carry the full load with Morris out? Yes or no.

Ok koolaid swiller?

Last edited:
I am a pats fan. I love how I am not a fan since I called out maroney for being injury prone. Deal with the fact that our number one pick cant stay on the field/ Noe he HAS to stay on the field because the real horse (Morris) might be hurt bad.

Ok koolaid swiller?

Meatball, you do not love the Pats. You have never posted a positive thing ever. You are the Ron Borges of this forum.
Got it, Meatball?

Meatball, you do not love the Pats. You have never posted a positive thing ever. You are the Ron Borges of this forum.
Got it, Meatball?

Let me ask you one more time. Nice job dodging the question btw. Tell me right now if you think Maroney can carry the full load if Morris is hurt for a long period of time. Yes or no.

When Maroney comes back can he be an every down back like he is supposed to be. He has to now.

Last edited:
Let me ask you one more time. Nice job dodging the question btw. Tell me right now if you think Maroney can carry the full load if Morris is hurt for a long period of time. Yes or no.

Yes. I do.

Does that bother you, meatball? Does that go against your philosophy of life. I've seen anyone be more hopeful that one of the players on his team fails.

Yes. I do.

Does that bother you, meatball? Does that go against your philosophy of life. I've seen anyone be more hopeful that one of the players on his team fails.

Ok so we shall see. Find me a negative post outside Jackson Seymour and Maroney please. Fyi bringing up a valid point about a players durabilty is not "hating" my team.

Ok kool aid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back