PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney is made out of glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've mentioned before. Maroney's running style doesn't fit his physical stature. He's not big enough to be engaging in as much contact as he does.

He's no Walter Payton.

He needs be more elusive.

If he keeps up his current style of running, he'll have a short career.

I'm not the least bit concerned about Maroney he is incredibly young, younger than most rookies backs this year.
Brings another element to our offense to make us balanced when he is in there.
He had a nagging injury at the end of last year and has one this year.
The patriots will know when to bring him back when he is at least 90 percent and not before.
I bet BB wouldn't care if he was out the whole regular season as long as he was back in time for the playoff's.
Where a healthy rested Maroney could be an imposable force against any defensive front in the league.
We are 5 and 0 even if we should lose today whatever the fashion it doesn't matter.
Hell in BB's first year we went 5 and 11 so we know were entitled to that and BB can't do any worse.
Lighten up guys.

I don't understand the purpose of these threads. I never have. Is it just to vent, to let out frustration? Why not have an all-purpose Venting thread, in which wild and off-the-cuff complaints and whines can be free to roam unmolested by reason or common sense? We all have something to get off our chests.

For some posters, though it seems as if the purpose lies elsewhere--to dwell on weaknesses of the team, faults of the F.O., mistakes....or to gloat about their own superior "detachment" from the team, allowing them to see the "reality".

Maroney has indeed been injured a lot. We know he had off-season shoulder surgery. Who's to say how that is affecting him? Maybe it'll take another full season and off-season's rehab to get back. He's still a young, talented back. Should BB cut him, let Eckel get more carries? Call him out in the press? Does anyone think that will help the team, or the player?

He's had his problems, that's for sure.

To me, though, his situation resembles Watson's at a similar point in his career. Some guys start off badly with the injuries, and some guys go a while looking good before it whacks them. Right now I think it's too soon to make a call on Maroney. Not enough data.

Watson, Gay, Jackson, Thomas, there are a few guys who have had problems early in their careers but you can't just assume none of them will ever stabilize and have some success.

Very good points. We could add in Ted Johnson (bicep tears) as an example of an oft-injured player who played a major role after he became healthy, and Rodney Harrison, as a player who was cut by his former team because they decided he was too injury-prone. Look what happened.

you are a Colts fan

no logic allowed

:rofl:

LOL!

I gotta start recording these amazing amusing quips. Still laughing over this. You made my day.

Another one was someone writing that it is only the Jets whose fans can be on PUP (in response to a note that the Jet's famous firefighter fan has been MIA for some time).

Calling Maroney made of glass and jackson a bust is a little premature. I also thought that jackson was not going to make it.

we should tank all of our games to save the draft pick and get mcfadden :)

I've seen people hate on Pat Pass and Monty Biesel like this.

Also Ken Walter.

Just for the record, I still hate Monty Beisel. I don't care if he's not a Patriot anymore or even unemployed altogether. He sucked that much, his intensity of suck is everlasting.

His wife is hot though, so apparently he isn't terrible at absolutely everything in life.

injuries are bad luck. when i say Steven Jackson has been hurt..its not valid to say "hes taken more carries" groin injuries were probably from running ..not from a hit. You pull a hammy..quad..groin. thats not the same as taking a big hit and being hurt.

his injuries were never very serious like an ACL or broken bone.

I can name a bunch of very good players that are/have been hurt
-Gore
-Portis
-McGahee
-James
(all Miami backs lol)
-S. Jackson
-R. Johnson
-C. Williams
-Benson
-Green
-Holmes
-Westbrook
-Foster
-J. Jones
-Alexander
-Dunn

thats a list of RBs who've had injuries..most of these guys not long ago.its common for injuries. luckily..its nothing extremely serious. some people have bad luck..some people get injured from running and pulling up..some take a hit and get hurt. its all LUCK. its more so that than a player being fragile. you cant tell me tearing an ACL just means his knee is weak...once u get hit..depending how hard and where..it can be bad.

Danny do you ever post anything POSITIVE? EVER?

Of course I do. The koolaid drinkers cannot admit I have a point. Maroney is hurt way to much. I dont care what excuses people are making for him. He has never even carried the full load in the NFL and is always banged up. Im sorry but who on this board can tell me they are 100 percent confident that Maroney can carry the ball 25 - 30 times a game for even 13 games? Thats gving him a three game buffer for injury. Dont think he could judging by what we have seen so far. If he misses today's game , a game where we need him, I am going to be concerned. He will have already missed three games this season. He also came out of a lot of the games he played in early. That is not what you want to see in a feature back.

I never said he was a bust. Chad Jackson is a bust:) You guys dont get it. I hope Maroney "makes me look stupid". I really do. I want to see the kid excel. At this point he looks like an injury proned player tho.

Last edited:
Of course I do. The koolaid drinkers cannot admit I have a point. Maroney is hurt way to much. I dont care what excuses people are making for him. He has never even carried the full load in the NFL and is always banged up. Im sorry but who on this board can tell me they are 100 percent confident that Maroney can carry the ball 25 times a game for 16 games? If he misses today's game , a game where we need him, I am going to be concerned. He will have already missed three games this season. He also came out of a lot of the games he played in early. That is not what you want to see in a feature back.

I never said he was a bust. Chad Jackson is a bust:)

injuries dont make u a bust. especially this early in his career.

injuries dont make u a bust. especially this early in his career.

Imo they do. You pick a guy with a high pick and he has talent. However he cannot stay on the field making his talent useless. That = bust. Durability is a big part of a great player. Look at Sammy. He pounds the ball and gets up for more. Maroney hits a tackle and is out for 3 games. Yea injurys are bad luck. But to have them CONSTANTLY is more then bad luck.

FYI I never said maroney is a bust. I said Chad "I run the wrong routes during the 2 games I am healthy" is. I hope they both make me look stupid. Honest. I want to see them dominate.

Last edited:
Another thing to keep in mind is the increase of rb injuries just could be the fact the defensives are bigger and faster.
In football past these guys weren't big but weren't bulging muscle on too of muscle or the regimens that these guys go thru.
So you have a guy about 200 pounds running full speed into a defensive line with a weight about 300 pounds average.
Also getting nailed by linebackers with a weight of 230 average.
Injuries will take a toll, and todays nfl is all about being safe rather than sorry.
So of course the dr's and team personnel say we need to sit him a little bit more.
These players are warriors if it were any of these guys decission i'm sure they'd want to play.
I mean who wouldn't we look for guys who football is important to.
Pioli isn't scouting guys who have great natural ability but once they get some money don't care about playing anymore.
I trust our scouting department not to pick up the wrong kind of athlete.

Another thing to keep in mind is the increase of rb injuries just could be the fact the defensives are bigger and faster.
In football past these guys weren't big but weren't bulging muscle on too of muscle or the regimens that these guys go thru.
So you have a guy about 200 pounds running full speed into a defensive line with a weight about 300 pounds average.
Also getting nailed by linebackers with a weight of 230 average.
Injuries will take a toll, and todays nfl is all about being safe rather than sorry.
So of course the dr's and team personnel say we need to sit him a little bit more.
These players are warriors if it were any of these guys decission i'm sure they'd want to play.
I mean who wouldn't we look for guys who football is important to.
Pioli isn't scouting guys who have great natural ability but once they get some money don't care about playing anymore.
I trust our scouting department not to pick up the wrong kind of athlete.

Thats a great point but what does that have to do with Maroney being hurt ALL the time. There are plenty of backs in the NFL who carry the ball much more then Maroney and play in all 16 games. What about LT? LJ?

Last edited:
Maroney's out today, Sunday NFL countdown just confirmed:mad: :enranged: :beersign:

Hey, if these guys want to hop on the "Maroney is a bust and made of glass" bandwagon, along with the "Richard Seymour is overrated and dogging it" bandwagon, that's fine with me. They're just not allowed to say SQUAT when these guys turn out to be as dynamic and dominant as they are extremely likely to be upon their return.

That's the main problem with these chicken little spazzes. They go all hyperbolic on everything, they fail to temper their positions, fail to have any sense of context and degree, and they'll look STUPID when the terrible bet they're making blows up in their faces.
We just being realistic. Fact is, Seymour is not on the field, Chad Jackson is not on the field, Maroney is not on the field, and our "great" #1 pick Meriweather has done crap. Face it - BB anbd SP have lost their touch. We lost Branch two years ago and STILL have nothing to show for him!

The team if falling apart. The young players are all busts and the old ones no better. Seau and Harrison are done. Seau has only played in five of the last ten regular season games, and Rodney has only made it onto the field one game this year. Colvin and Bruschi are slowing down. Vrabel is a cheap-shot artist who will probably be suspended, and that Raven LB we signed for about a zillion dollars blew out his ankle last week.

But I'm a huge Patriot fan. I have confidence in my team. After a few rebuilding years they will have a chance again in 2010 or 2011.

Unless the sky keeps falling.

Hey, I'm as big a Patriots fan as they come. I just face facts unlike you homers who think your team will win every game. I can't wait until they lose so I can say, "I was right. I told you so. What were you thinking?"

Expect the worst and never be disappointed, that's my motto.

Maroney's out today, Sunday NFL countdown just confirmed:mad: :enranged: :beersign:

Terrible....... The kid had already missed three games out of six. We really needed him today.

Maroney is injury proned.

Thats a great point but what does that have to do with Maroney being hurt ALL the time. There are plenty of backs in the NFL who carry the ball much more then Maroney and play in all 16 games. What about LT? LJ?

Chad Jackson has done "nothing." Maroney is hurt "all the time."

Part of the problem with you, danny, is your petulant, childish insistence on hyperbole. Maybe be more careful with your words and it'll take people a bit longer to realize you have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't know if he's injury prone or whatever but I will say that groin injuries are the worst. They linger for ever and are incredibly easy to reaggrivate and you can't cut at all even with a mild strain. I say we give him a little breathing room he had a bad shoulder injury and now this, could just be bad luck.

Chad Jackson has done "nothing." Maroney is hurt "all the time."

Part of the problem with you, danny, is your petulant, childish insistence on hyperbole. Maybe be more careful with your words and it'll take people a bit longer to realize you have no idea what you're talking about.

Chad Jackson had done nothing ( wow three td's) and Maroney is hurt all the time. He is had already missed three games out of six and came out of the games he actually played in early several times. He was banged up last year and ob the trend continues.

Im sure Maroney is not playing today because he does not have to right?

Last edited:
The jury's still out IMO, but one more multi game absence this season and I'm off the Maroney bandwagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft