PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney is made out of glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give you that, but where was he in the playoffs?

He and Dillon combined for 100+ in the Jets game. Maroney himself had 69 yards.

After that, the question should be "where was the running game?" since it was non-existant at San Diego, and other than Dillons 35 yard scamper and TD run, in-effective against the Colts.
I blame lack of quality WR and a learning curve for Josh.

Last edited:
Hey, if these guys want to hop on the "Maroney is a bust and made of glass" bandwagon, along with the "Richard Seymour is overrated and dogging it" bandwagon, that's fine with me. They're just not allowed to say SQUAT when these guys turn out to be as dynamic and dominant as they are extremely likely to be upon their return.

That's the main problem with these chicken little spazzes. They go all hyperbolic on everything, they fail to temper their positions, fail to have any sense of context and degree, and they'll look STUPID when the terrible bet they're making blows up in their faces.

Last edited:
When we'll you Phou'kin iddoits start to realize we should be scared when Morrris is on on the phuckin'njury report. He is the man, not some phuckin' 1st round draft pick. Would you have they have picked Brady, Moss, and the rest of the reciever core in the first round too ?

Last edited:
Hey, if these guys want to hop on the "Maroney is a bust and made of glass" bandwagon, along with the "Richard Seymour is overrated and dogging it" bandwagon, that's fine with me. They're just not allowed to say SQUAT when these guys turn out to be as dynamic and dominant as they are extremely likely to be upon their return.

That's the main problem with these chicken little spazzes. They go all hyperbolic on everything, they fail to temper their positions, fail to have any sense of context and degree, and they'll look STUPID when the terrible bet they're making blows up in their faces.

I never supported that Maroney is a bust, I'm just concerned about his ability to get on the field.

I have no concerns with Seymour in any aspect.

I never supported that Maroney is a bust, I'm just concerned about his ability to get on the field.

I have no concerns with Seymour in any aspect.

Go check out the Seymour thread. :bricks: I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I agree with you. Morris is the way better back. First off I don't like injury prone players. Secondly I been saying since last year that Maroney doesn't have what it takes to be a full load guy. BB thought so too, that's why he brought in Morris a back who is completely opposite of Maroney. Maroney gets tackled way to easy also. Morris is awesome at following his blocks and seeing wholes and darting throught them way better than Maroney.Morris can also carry guys on his back for those extra 2 or 3 yards. People defend Maroney by saying he was in the top of the league with yards after being hit last year. That's because he is more an east/west runner and is going to get touched a lot more early in his carries than a north /south guy. That stat means squat. I think I'm sick of Maroney myself. He is made of glass.

I agree with you. Morris is the way better back. First off I don't like injury prone players. Secondly I been saying since last year that Maroney doesn't have what it takes to be a full load guy. BB thought so too, that's why he brought in Morris a back who is completely opposite of Maroney. Maroney gets tackled way to easy also. Morris is awesome at following his blocks and seeing wholes and darting throught them way better than Maroney.Morris can also carry guys on his back for those extra 2 or 3 yards. People defend Maroney by saying he was in the top of the league with yards after being hit last year. That's because he is more an east/west runner and is going to get touched a lot more early in his carries than a north /south guy. That stat means squat. I think I'm sick of Maroney myself. He is made of glass.
Because if Maroney was a "full load guy," we wouldn't want Sammy Morris on this roster.

You are the master of small sample-size. Doesn't seem to be a full-load guy? Because Belichick prefers to keep his backs fresh and in rotation - just like he does his DL and LBs? I don't mean to throw stats at you, but during the games where Maroney, ya know, PLAYED he had more carries (and not just by one or two or three) than Morris. He is the lead back, Belichick is merely being cautious with him, which he has the luxury of doing.

If you watched the games this year, you'd know that Maroney is not "more an east-west runner." That's just false. It's not backed up by ANYTHING.

You are the master of small sample-size. Doesn't seem to be a full-load guy? Because Belichick prefers to keep his backs fresh and in rotation - just like he does his DL and LBs? I don't mean to throw stats at you, but during the games where Maroney, ya know, PLAYED he had more carries (and not just by one or two or three) than Morris. He is the lead back, Belichick is merely being cautious with him, which he has the luxury of doing.

If you watched the games this year, you'd know that Maroney is not "more an east-west runner." That's just false. It's not backed up by ANYTHING.

I do agree that Maroney did improve this year at heading up field. Yes Maroney did get more carries then Morris when he PLAYED, but since Maroney has been gone, you don't prefer Morris? With Maroney gone we got to see what Morris is made of. If Maroney never got hurt we might not have. You're right he does have to be cautious with him, becasue look at him. He gats hurt way to easy. I don't hate Maroney. I root for him and wish him the best and hope he gets healthy, but I want to win. I think we have a better chance to win with Morris as the feature back. This isn't a popularity contest for me. It's about winning.

I agree, Maroney is having some downs right now, had a big injury last year and played it out. This year he has a groin injury, those are tough.. that stuff happen.. don't get me started on Seymour, he is one of the top 5 in the NFL and his peers agree.

Why doesn't someone start an equally inane thread about how our training staff sucks, and it is their fault even though Mike W. has more SB rings than anyone in the NFL.

I am not worried about Maroney...the poster who started this has to be related to someone like Felger or Borges....totally ridiculous...

And who voted him the one to decide when a running back was OK to be injured and when their injuries would make them a bust??
I certainly did not...and I doubt many did...

Well, I'm glad we didn't pick Addai, either. He was out last week, obviously has injury issues and is made of glass too.

The sky is falling!

Well, I'm glad we didn't pick Addai, either. He was out last week, obviously has injury issues and is made of glass too.

The sky is falling!

or Chris Perry--some on the board wanted him desperately...

I'm okay with people making statements like the OP did...so long as they are okay with getting piled on...

This is your binky apparently.

I've never seen a fan hate the players on his own team as much as you do.
(Jet fans don't count. They're not real people like us.)
I hate to admit it, but feelings of doubt have begun to enter my thoughts concerning Maroney. I'm certainly not ready to throw him in the recycling either, but if he does come back and gets injured again this season, I would have to consider this concern in the offseason.

Who is this Jackson guy you keep talking about;) ;) ?

As far as Seymour goes, just as long as he's back by November 4th, I'm happy with what we have for our 3 D-lineman.

I have said this on this board before. Maroney is a bit of a concern. I will change my mind when he carries the load 15+ times for 15 or more games.

Until then, he is a bit soft, I would rather have Morris in there anyways....as of right now. I would love to see him get healthy and be a real weapon for our team, I don't see this happening any time soon....

Hate on? Because I say Maroney is injury proned. Jackson is a bust and Seymour has not been the same player since he signed his new deal.

Keep chuggin that koolaid. Please tell me why calling out a guy who has already missed 2 (going on three) games in his second year is not an injury concern. Maroney does not even get the full load of carries.

Your kidding right. C Jax battled a hamstring injury the whole season last year including training camp. He then tore his ACL in the AFCC game. I cant believe your calling him a bust because of 2 injuries. Remember, Seymour had a lingering elbow injury the whole season last year.

Maybe you should put the pads on and go try and play. And dont give me this bull**** "oh, im a 2nd area defensive back in Mass." Because its not true.

The question is
"From this point forward, will Kool Aid continue to have injury problems
during the rest of his NFL career?

Maybe this will get behind him and he stays healthy for the next 32 games.
Who knows? Maybe this is just some bad luck? I hope so.

But if he continues to have injury problems we may to change his
name from Kool Aid to Bandaid. :)

As a fan, I know it can be frustrating to see a player out. But is this true, he's only missed 4 games in his short career (today may be 5??). Wouldn't you rather have him healthy and ready to go for a stretch run than take a chance on him returning too soon?? Give the guy a break, let him get healthy, and go with who you have.

As a fan, I know it can be frustrating to see a player out. But is this true, he's only missed 4 games in his short career (today may be 5??). Wouldn't you rather have him healthy and ready to go for a stretch run than take a chance on him returning too soon?? Give the guy a break, let him get healthy, and go with who you have.

you are a Colts fan

no logic allowed

:rofl:

He's had his problems, that's for sure.

To me, though, his situation resembles Watson's at a similar point in his career. Some guys start off badly with the injuries, and some guys go a while looking good before it whacks them. Right now I think it's too soon to make a call on Maroney. Not enough data.

Watson, Gay, Jackson, Thomas, there are a few guys who have had problems early in their careers but you can't just assume none of them will ever stabilize and have some success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back