PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini never intended this to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Man-vagina wants one thing, and one thing only: To win the AFC East. He will do anything and everything to make that happen, and last Sunday was yet another example in a series of his shenanigans.

I'm curious about how he reconciles being a rat snitch with his tough-guy Italian heritage -- appearing on "The Sopranos," even ... He is smart and ambitious but lacks wisdom and is in way over his head. After this weekend his team will be 0-2 and on the skids. Like I heard one Jest fan say during timeout for a coach's challenge last Sunday, "After further review ... the Jets suck!"

The Man-vagina wants one thing, and one thing only: To win the AFC East. He will do anything and everything to make that happen, and last Sunday was yet another example in a series of his shenanigans.

I'm curious about how he reconciles being a rat snitch with his tough-guy Italian heritage -- appearing on "The Sopranos," even ... He is smart and ambitious but lacks wisdom and is in way over his head. After this weekend his team will be 0-2 and on the skids. Like I heard one Jest fan say during timeout for a coach's challenge last Sunday, "After further review ... the Jets suck!"

Kellen Clemens......meet the Ravens D, namely some guys called Ray Lewis and Ed Reed

Yea, sure, could have been worse, maybe they could have shot BB.

We had 2 first rounders because we were stocking them up for a later time. We will need them at some point. We now have been put at a disadvantage. We can survive this but I'm sick of people treating this like it's light.

Here's the truth. People think it's a light fine because they don't want justice, they want the Pats to be crippled. They don't want the Pats on top. Plain and simple. So anything short of the death penalty is upsetting to them.

Just go to the Jets board where they think they should get the extra pick. People just want to catch up.

What I laugh at is squirmy types who feel a little pressure from other teams and start to side with them because they buy into the hype. They're made to feel like second class citizens and then behave like one.

This punishment is the worse EVER put on a team. EVER.

Last edited:
I actually curious what they said during the handshake. It looked like they talked long enough to say something like "Good game, good luck next week" - but that was when I didn't know what was going on; however they both did.

+1. It's like parents with punk kids that are in denial. We got busted. We got penalized. It's time to play the Chargers and forget about the entire situation. All the homers on the board ARE giving this story more legs than it deserves. And if you are worried about other teams' fans on their message boards, talking about the Patriots dynasty has been destroyed, well then you haven't been a fan of the same Patriots team that I have been a fan of. WHO F'ING cares what they all think!!!!!!!!

Huh? The fans are giving it more legs than it deserves? The entire league is giving this story more legs than it deserves. Peter King and Vic Carucci are not Pats homers and they both said that there is a very real Mangini backlash in the league. Len Pasquerelli wrote about the Mangini hypocracy on his Insider Notes column today. I would post it, but it is password a subscription based article and I don't want to get Patsfan.com in trouble since they have asked to only post links to stories. PFT had an article entitled "Mangini: Hero or Heel" a couple of days ago.

I don't think Belichick is a victim and he was cheating and got caught. I am not being a homer here. I just have seen a pattern developing in Mangini's behavior to show he is not the great guy a lot of people think he is.

This sounds like one of Belichick's students.

This sounds like one of Belichick's students.

How on God's green earth did you ever qualify to become a moderator on this board? Your posts have been so clueless I genuinely fear for your lack of objective insight.

Here's the truth. People think it's a light fine because they don't want justice, they want the Pats to be crippled. They don't want the Pats on top. Plain and simple. So anything short of the death penalty is upsetting to them.

I agree with that. I think people just think a suspension of Belichick would hurt him far more than a first round pick. I bet if the Pats lost a fourth rounder and Belichick got suspended for 4 games, people would be happier than the Pats losing a first rounder. Personally, I would rather see Belichick suspended for four games and I bet Belichick would too (assuming he does intend to stick around for a while).

The fact of the matter is that Goodell took away from us today a potential Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork, Logan Mankins, Ben Watson, etc. That is huge. Once people start looking at this rationally, I think they will realize how huge that is.

If Mangina didn't want this to happen the Jets wouldn't have taken it to the press. Doing so raised attention and made the punishment much more severe. Since Goodell seems willing to let him get away with it it was a great move (while I hope it effectively blackballs him with the other coaches and organizations I won't hold my breath).

Yea, sure, could have been worse, maybe they could have shot BB.

We had 2 first rounders because we were stocking them up for a later time. We will need them at some point. We now have been put at a disadvantage. We can survive this but I'm sick of people treating this like it's light.

Just go to the Jets board where they think they should get the extra pick. People just want to catch up.

What I laugh at is squirmy types who feel a little pressure from other teams and start to side with them because they buy into the hype. They're made to feel like second class citizens and then behave like one.

This punishment is the worse EVER put on a team. EVER.

Good post.

If Mangina didn't want this to happen the Jets wouldn't have taken it to the press. Doing so raised attention and made the punishment much more severe. Since Goodell seems willing to let him get away with it it was a great move (while I hope it effectively blackballs him with the other coaches and organizations I won't hold my breath).

Good post.

The tide will turn against him this weekend when he limps out 0-2 since the Ravens are P*ssed.

I don't think Belichick is a victim and he was cheating and got caught. I am not being a homer here. I just have seen a pattern developing in Mangini's behavior to show he is not the great guy a lot of people think he is.

Please enlighten us of what Belichick cheating of? I know he violated the rule of getting camera equipments on field but cheating? Please do tell, shed light on this subject will you? How quickly media brainwashing is spreading across these supposed fans.

Please enlighten us of what Belichick cheating of? I know he violated the rule of getting camera equipments on field but cheating? Please do tell, shed light on this subject will you? How quickly media brainwashing is spreading across these supposed fans.

Violating a league rule to get an advantage no matter how minor is cheating. On the cheating scale, I think it is a relatively minor offense since everyone is trying to steal signals in one way, shape, or form and I don't think that the Pats were going to use it more than to build a book on the Jets; but it is still cheating.

Wow! I have been accused of being a homer and a hater in the same thread. That has got to be some kind of record.

When Walter Payton used to stretch out the ball after he was down, that was cheating. When Vrabel tapped the ball back a little bit and was caught by the refs, that was cheating. There are hundreds of incidents of cheating. The question is whether the punishment and hype fit the crime and it doesn't. To say we got caught so we should accept anything people are handing us is exactly what I was talking about. If your wife was caught running a stop sign and was put into the sexual offenders database because of it, would that be fair?

I've moved on but I have disdain for those who think we got off light and even more disdain for ones who have been running to these other boards and apologizing to these other internet warriors from other teams.

Last edited:
Mangini is a big boy and made a decision to set this thing into motion. If he didn't want it to end up the way it did, he should have thought of the potential consequences that could result from his actions.

Mangidiot has opened Pandora's Box this time. He will be exposed himself along with many other coaches. He did this on purpose out of spite for NE.

He was our DC a season +1 game ago. He knows exactly what's going on.

The only thing he's not "intending" to do is get caught for the same violation.

I continued to be embarrassed by the homers in patriot nation.

Seriously, Currans take is spot on. Why else did the jets try to seize the tape for TWO ****ING HOURS?!?! It was a battle for possesion in the tunnels. Why wouldn't they allow NFL security to get it?

As to 'leaking it to jets confidential' to get pub? Please! This sad, homerific board, had as much validity as that rag, and only because of Miguels page.

The punishment was a lot less severe than it could have been, as the entire NFL world outside of Pat nation has said. Multiple picks, suspension, etc, were on the board.

One reaosn I don't even review this board is the sad inbred view that pervades most of the posts. I find that amusing at rivals boards. here? It embarrasses me to see links on other board to this place.

Ian, do you really want this level of discourse to be the norm? If so, I hope you do profit from it in some way. i know it's a lot of work, but for such an inferior product, I hope it's worth it. it's embarrassing to fans who are interested in NFL football. For ball-washing homers? This is the place to be.

Which begs the question, why the hell are you here?

The way I heard it the JETS Chief of Security was the one who alerted NFL Security that the individual was taping their signs. I think the tussle in the tunnel was between Pats, JETS and NFL security. If the Pat's retained posession they weren't going to give the tape the the NFL. If the JETS did they were going to have to since that is the only way to file a protest.

Eric always intended to out BB via that tape. Posessing it and not turning it over to the league would make him just another beaten schmuck unless plan B was to blackmail BB - in which case Eric would be a whole other level of cheater. Is that what you think he had in mind? If he simply wanted to render Bill's effort to film useless, he could have ordered his security guys to block Estrella's access or remove him from the field. He wanted the film shot and then he wanted it confiscated.

Eric never envisioned the firestorm his attempt at retribution would unleash, let alone the backlash that might be visited on him. I'm sure he never intended THAT to happen, in hindsight. This is like the kid who plays with matches, they want to see something catch fire, but they never intended to burn down the whole house. Unfortunately when you play with matches and start a fire, that's always a possibility. And Eric isn't a kid, he's an NFL HC who just realized he now needs to spin his own damage control.

Mangini is a punk and he will be out of a job within 2 years. When he falls, no one will be there to help him out. He is dead to his old so-called 'friends'.

As long as dungheap, fisher and del rio are HCs, then woMangina will have a job in the NFL.

What a pathetic division. Go Texans!

As long as dungheap, fisher and del rio are HCs, then woMangina will have a job in the NFL.

What a pathetic division. Go Texans!

and between all four of them how many SB's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes