PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio speculates on a BB to Commanders trade

I see Josh trying to Stay in New England as HC or OC and Mayo.
I think that would be Krafts dream.

I see Josh trying to Stay in New England as HC or OC and Mayo.
I think that would be Krafts dream.
I just have this feeling that BOB is going to leave after this season either taking s HC opportunity or returning to NCAA. Josh's family and he lives in Massachusetts still. I can definitely see him back here plus he'd be free this time around Courtesy of -

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231101_125941_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101_125941_Samsung Internet.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 2
I just have this feeling that BOB is going to leave after this season either taking s HC opportunity or returning to NCAA. Josh's family and he lives in Massachusetts still. I can definitely see him back here plus he'd be free this time around Courtesy of -
The only issue I have about the Commanders rumor is Bienemy is doing a really good job with that offense and I don’t see them wanting to lose him.

Giants, Redskins, who cares as long as he's gone. Both are great choices.
Giants seem like a fitting finale.

Within 3 years, BB wins his 7th SB and passes Schula for all time wins.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
They’ll never have a better x’s&o’s coach than the one they have right now.

There’s definitely a huge give and take getting rid of Bill the gm.
Totally agree with you, but what if he won’t give up the GM power? Do we just continue down the same path? His decision, but is he doing “what’s best for the Team” as we’ve heard for so many years?

What's real garbage is filling this site up with nonsense from folks most of us don't want to hear. You need to stop listening to Jones and Felger.

What do you think? Do you really think that Bill is untouchable or should be? If so, why? Using his own standard with players tells me that he's fair game.
I like MegO too much to turn off Adam Jones...usually. She is the voice of sanity and unlike some radio jocks (Lou Merloni in particular) she has a voice that is pleasant to listen to. Mego, Faurier, and Gresh are the best football commentators on local radio, at least from what I have heard. I just cannot understand how a nice person like MegO can deal with negative Nancy douchebag like Jones. And I suspect that it is only a matter of time before Jones says something rude/suggestive to MegO and is kicked off the air; the station should really do a preemptive strike and fire Jones now....

That's just the thing.. in this organization hard to have the HC without the GM.. anywhere he goes from here he'll likely want the same set up.

I like MegO too much to turn off Adam Jones...usually. She is the voice of sanity and unlike some radio jocks (Lou Merloni in particular) she has a voice that is pleasant to listen to. Mego, Faurier, and Gresh are the best football commentators on local radio, at least from what I have heard. I just cannot understand how a nice person like MegO can deal with negative Nancy douchebag like Jones. And I suspect that it is only a matter of time before Jones says something rude/suggestive to MegO and is kicked off the air; the station should really do a preemptive strike and fire Jones now....
Agreed. I actually liked merloni I thought he was realistic, and went directly at coach during the interviews. Jones is annoying and a know it all. You would think Jones hates all sports the way he has his negative commentary.

Agreed. I actually liked merloni I thought he was realistic, and went directly at coach during the interviews. Jones is annoying and a know it all. You would think Jones hates all sports the way he has his negative commentary.
It's an act, both Jones and Felger are playing the bad guys for ratings. I stopped listening to local sports radio a year or so ago. Turn it on now and then until something really stupid gets said, so not usually very long. He's right though, whether Meg-o is playing a part of just being herself she's the voice of reason.

Yeah, Merloni is a good guy and knows his baseball. I just like the sound of MegO's voice better. As a connoisseur of voices, I have to say that Howard Cosell had the most obnoxious / entertaining voice of all (and Chris Berman does an amusing imitation of him, "He could go all the way..."), although I loved Johnny Most--Most was at the absolute pinnacle homer-ism and I thought it was great. Charley Casserly has a classic Chicago accent and a bad toupee. For some reason I found Keith Jackson and Al Michaels really boooooring....

It's an act, both Jones and Felger are playing the bad guys for ratings. I stopped listening to local sports radio a year or so ago. Turn it on now and then until something really stupid gets said, so not usually very long. He's right though, whether Meg-o is playing a part of just being herself she's the voice of reason.
Yes and back when it was Dale, holley and keith.. holley was also the mego or voice of reason. But yeah your right, the whole dark man moniker that Jones goes by it's all an act as they are talk radio personalities. I do think mego is more sincere and thinks realistically then Arcand and Jones.

Kraft would lose a lot of fans if Josh were the HC.
I really think there is something brewing for the off season.. BB was traded for and it is definitely likely if him being traded to another organization of his choosing.

I don't care where he goes, but it's time for him to go. I know he's going to try to hang on to break Shula's record, but that could take longer than everyone thought at this rate. If he goes somewhere else who's looking for a HC, it's not going to be a great team ready to win.
But his personnel management the last 3 years has been so awful, full of errors and miscues, any other GM/coach would have been long fired by now. And it's not just the GM, it's the roster management as coach too.

Kraft would lose a lot of fans if Josh were the HC.
And a lot of games. If you thought that BB was bad at drafting/GM work, he looks like a draft/GM super-guru compared to Josh. Josh is just the pits, so unless the Patriots can dig up a really good GM who has the finale say on personnel, Josh would be a disaster.

And a lot of games. If you thought that BB was bad at drafting/GM work, he looks like a draft/GM super-guru compared to Josh. Josh is just the pits, so unless the Patriots can dig up a really good GM who has the finale say on personnel, Josh would be a disaster.
If we were competitive and Mac looked like the QB we need and the team was fun, big plays but were loosing.. that would be more fun and entertaining than anything we've seen the past 2 seasons. I've mentioned that the team should look into Rick Spellman or Mike Tannenbaum for GM.

Yup, but the 2023 draft appears to be excellent so maybe the Patriots turned the corner and maybe we are being too hasty in even thinking about dumping/trading BB. One or two more drafts like this year will fix this team, as long as the Patriots do not keeping making dumb-ass cheapskate FA moves as they did with DHop; this is not the Brady era anymore and they cannot get away with being cheap. Players don't particularly want to come here anymore: cold climate, artificial turf, not-exactly-fun-loving coach, unforgiving fans, and extremely nasty douchebag radio announcers. Hell if I was a FA, some place like Miami with its warm climate and natural playing surface would be my first choice.

There's also a question of will the loss of defensive knowledge outweigh the gains on offense the Pats might have if Bill leaves. It's a good question but one I'm ready to see tested asap.

If Cam Newton is right that the Panthers are targeting Belichick, they are pry trying to get the whole staff.

Obrein for Young and a Mayo or his sons to coach the D.

That would be interesting and cost the Panthers some picks.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back