PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini never intended this to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangini is a punk and he will be out of a job within 2 years. When he falls, no one will be there to help him out. He is dead to his old so-called 'friends'.

well said..

The only this that is surprising me about Mangina backlash, it how fast it's coming on the heels of this. Me and you may never see the depth of it, but in the grand scheme of things, at the NHL OFFICE level, this whole thing is equally as embarrassing to them as it is to us.

As for every other team, they are less then pleased cuz every single coach in this league has been made to feel discomfort when some mediot has asked them in a press conference "Gee coach, have you every stole signs" or "what kinds of things do you do to get a competitive advantage". Questions frankly, better left unasked.

Way to go Eric.

Or maybe the Commissioner asked certain teams to look out for violations and report them. The Commissioner's office got exactly what they wanted, an example.

I really doubt that. Word is that Goodell was very upset that this whole thing ruined kick off weekend and that it happened only miles away from his office. I think if this was a league generated thing to make an example, they would never have done it on kick off weekend.

The league got exactly what they didn't want in this situation. Instead of talking about the first week of football and all the action from the first weekend, all anyone talked about was Belichick. That is bad business for the NFL.

I hope Mangini fails as a coach, for any number of reasons.

But it's too early to conclude that he will. He had a fine first season, and laying an egg in the first game of his second season doesn't prove very much, if you think about BB's track record.

As for the punishment, my theory is that Goodell plays to the public/media/firestorm in setting punishments.

As for the punishment, my theory is that Goodell plays to the public/media/firestorm in setting punishments.
He has already proven that he is Poulian's pet chimp. When we were asked our first impressions of him this past spring, I was not very positive in my first impressions. Wish that I had been wrong.

Goddell is spitting image of Mangini. A Pompous clueless idio not worthy to be holding his current position. NFL will be taking major steps back under the Fuhrer. He's no Rozelle or Tagliabue, that's for sure

I continued to be embarrassed by the homers in patriot nation.

Seriously, Currans take is spot on. Why else did the jets try to seize the tape for TWO ****ING HOURS?!?! It was a battle for possesion in the tunnels. Why wouldn't they allow NFL security to get it?

As to 'leaking it to jets confidential' to get pub? Please! This sad, homerific board, had as much validity as that rag, and only because of Miguels page.

The punishment was a lot less severe than it could have been, as the entire NFL world outside of Pat nation has said. Multiple picks, suspension, etc, were on the board.

One reaosn I don't even review this board is the sad inbred view that pervades most of the posts. I find that amusing at rivals boards. here? It embarrasses me to see links on other board to this place.

Ian, do you really want this level of discourse to be the norm? If so, I hope you do profit from it in some way. i know it's a lot of work, but for such an inferior product, I hope it's worth it. it's embarrassing to fans who are interested in NFL football. For ball-washing homers? This is the place to be.

Goddell is spitting image of Mangini. A Pompous clueless idio not worthy to be holding his current position. NFL will be taking major steps back under the Fuhrer. He's no Rozelle or Tagliabue, that's for sure

Problem is, we put him there too. Kraft stamped his approval...... He'll be out soon enough. If he doesn't ruin the league first.

A question that will have to be answered down the road is what will the Jet players think of their coach? Do they want to play for a rat? Why did Mangina leak this? Was it beacuse he was getting his ***** kicked in the game and he knew right there and then the only thing to do to get back was to leak the story. "I'll show him," he thought. Yeah, you showed him alright - what goes around comes around.

Seriously, Currans take is spot on. Why else did the jets try to seize the tape for TWO ****ING HOURS?!?! It was a battle for possesion in the tunnels. Why wouldn't they allow NFL security to get it?

As to 'leaking it to jets confidential' to get pub? Please! This sad, homerific board, had as much validity as that rag, and only because of Miguels page.

The punishment was a lot less severe than it could have been, as the entire NFL world outside of Pat nation has said. Multiple picks, suspension, etc, were on the board.

One reaosn I don't even review this board is the sad inbred view that pervades most of the posts. I find that amusing at rivals boards. here? It embarrasses me to see links on other board to this place.

Ian, do you really want this level of discourse to be the norm? If so, I hope you do profit from it in some way. i know it's a lot of work, but for such an inferior product, I hope it's worth it. it's embarrassing to fans who are interested in NFL football. For ball-washing homers? This is the place to be.

This board is called PATSFANS.com. Exit door right douchebag troll

If you go to a board for any team and expect to find anything but a lot of homers, you are very unrealistic. Why don't you post your theory on a Jets board and see if the response is more in line with what you want? Of course, the homers there will deny there is any backlash against Mangini.

A question that will have to be answered down the road is what will the Jet players think of their coach? Do they want to play for a rat? Why did Mangina leak this? Was it beacuse he was getting his ***** kicked in the game and he knew right there and then the only thing to do to get back was to leak the story. "I'll show him," he thought. Yeah, you showed him alright - what goes around comes around.

Just ask Pete Kendall what kind of Rat is soon to be 0-2 Mangina

Save your sanctimony, you're embarrassing yourself. The last time Curran was spot on was before he left for NBC. Now he's making every effort to disassociate himself from his past to prove his "objectivity", trashing Samuel on air, trashing other Patriot players. Frankly, for much of last seaosn he came across as a drunk on WEEI. I seriously think he was nipping to ease his nerves or something. It was embarrassing. Now he's making ridiculous excuses for Mangini. Mangini's only regret is that he is facing backlash. That's it. If he felt otherwise he would come out publicly and defend his mentor, the man who made him a millionaire. Instead, he let him twist in the wind, and today in a public statement validated the commissioner's draconian ruling. When Mangini publicly apologizes for this fiasco I'll give his motives the benefit of the doubt. But are his motives even important anymore? The consequences of his actions have damaged people's reputations across the country: Charlie, Bill, Mr. Kraft, Romeo. And there's no putting the genie back in the bottle. So who really gives a $hi# what his intentions were, anyhow.

Last edited:

Wow! Are you Mangini's cousin? I'm sure Ian doesn't want a bunch of Mangini but munchers on this board either.

Sure the punishment could have been worse (they could have banned Belichick for life itf he wanted to), but this is by far the worst punishment any team has ever had by the league for these types of things. So it was prescidence setting. So it was far from lienent. In fact, if Goodell did what the media wanted and suspended Belichick and fined the Pats a lower pick, it would have been a lesser punishment. Name one team ever who has ever been fined a first round pick. It has never happened.

The fact of the matter is Mangini is amassing a record of shady moves. Go ask Pete Kendall what he thinks of Mangini.

I am not making excuses for Belichick. I think the punishment was harsh, but not out of line. I just see Mangini for the weasel that he is. This is not the first instance of him acting like a scumbag and at least one other instance had nothing to do with Belichick.

I hope Mangini fails as a coach, for any number of reasons.

But it's too early to conclude that he will. He had a fine first season, and laying an egg in the first game of his second season doesn't prove very much, if you think about BB's track record.

I am not so sure about this. Do you think that his team will respect him? Oh, they will say the right things. But I am telling you, this can really screw stuff up. I mentioned in another post that the great fighters that they watch in order to gain motivation, had above all else, heart. Do you think that the rat has shown heart? He comes off as a tattling little dweeb. Couple this with his problems over the summer and I think the boy has some hard times ahead. I think that his own team could give him some trouble.

This board is called PATSFANS.com. Exit door right douchebag troll

Maybe they wanted to look at it first? Maybe they didn't think that it would actually be taken to the commish. They wanted to make sure that this was done correctly, ie. in a way that would really hit BB where he lives.

Wow tailgater.

Never expected that from you. Hoefully you will reconsider those last insults as you have always been a quality poster around here.

Of course this board is full of homers. The same as every other fan board of every other sport.

If you think one group of fans is any different then any other group of fans based purely on the team they root for, you should think again.

As far a Mangini not wanting this to get out of control, he had the power to make sure that happened.

I have the utmost respect for Curran. He is a great writer. And it was a great loss for all of us and Projo when he moved on.

But Frankly, I don't care what Mangini did after he snitched.

The time to decide for it not to get out of hand was before he snitched to NFL security.

From that point on it was out of his hands and he new that, or he is an idiot.

He didn't just betray any coach. He betrayed the man who gave him the oportunity for the quality of life him and his family lead today. He most likely would not be a coach in this league today (certainly not a head coach) had it not been for the guy he just ratted out.

That scumbag disgusts me on so many levels it is just plain sick.

Sure I am more p!ssed that he did this to the Pats. But I can assure you I would think no better of him had he done it to any other coach.

+1. It's like parents with punk kids that are in denial. We got busted. We got penalized. It's time to play the Chargers and forget about the entire situation. All the homers on the board ARE giving this story more legs than it deserves. And if you are worried about other teams' fans on their message boards, talking about the Patriots dynasty has been destroyed, well then you haven't been a fan of the same Patriots team that I have been a fan of. WHO F'ING cares what they all think!!!!!!!!

It doesn't matter what his intention was. It happened because of him. If I drove home drunk and killed someone, I never intended to do it but guess what ?

We started at A and ended at B. Without Mangini's move we would have ended at A. His fault, his responsibility regardless of intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back