PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LT expected to sign with Jets - "done deal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im glad the fans here our bashing the jets, because the Jets, who are suppose to be limited on what you do in FA have done more than the Pats have... And as of this day the Jets are better... Not because of Lt, but of other things they have done..

Im glad the fans here our bashing the jets, because the Jets, who are suppose to be limited on what you do in FA have done more than the Pats have... And as of this day the Jets are better... Not because of Lt, but of other things they have done..

They are better because they got a good #2 db. They are better because they have the db's to blitz like madmen. They are not better for LT. As a matter of fact, I think LT makes the offense worse.

They have been limited in free agency. What they have done has nothing to do with free agency..

The Jets have TWO "street" free agency signings . Tomlinson and Brodney Pool. And Pool has some major concussion red flags.. Tomlinson has major injury red flags..

As for the Jets being better as of now.. YEAH.. Whoop dee doo.. Give them the Off-season SB Trophy... errr.. wait..

They traded Rhodes while trading for Cromartie. But it's already come out that Cromartie has a learning disability that hampers him in learning the play-books. And he has financial issues and he's not been quite the same since that hip injury. In Rhodes, the Jets lost their secondary captain.

So, forgive me if I don't run right out and buy my Jets regalia since it's clear that they are the champs now.. err. umm.. :rolleyes:

I couldn't be more happier with this move. The Jets have kicked Thomas Jones to the sidelines and are trying to replace him with Captain Turf Toe McClassy. If ever an organization fit the player, this is it.

Last edited:
Hes a better complement to Greene than Jones was, thats why they signed him. They look at Greene as a younger Jones and there was no need to keep two on the roster IMO.

You couldn't have scripted this one better. Ldt hates BB and the Pats, and [many] Patriot fans despise mr. classy. This is going to make for some really nice drama over the next two seasons.

Last edited:
wow....i'll actually be rooting for the pats when they play LT now

what a crazy world haha

Hes a better complement to Greene than Jones was, thats why they signed him. They look at Greene as a younger Jones and there was no need to keep two on the roster IMO.

add in Washington's ? recovery and the logic behind the move is clear. LT has good hands and can still run in space. The money this year is of no consequence. I can't see a real downside,even though I despise him and Gag Green.What the Rats better hope is Greene doesn't go down with another "leg" injury.

The Jets released the starting RB of the #1 ranked rushing offense and have now signed the starting RB from the #31 ranked rushing offense.

Excellent.

isn't it a bit ******ed that a team who beat a team in the playoffs, is taking castoffs from the team they beat?

isn't it supposed to be the team that got beat, trying to weaken the team who beat them?

seems weird

Like what?? They have replaced one failed CB trade with a another potential failure and replaced a 1400 yard RB with the ghost of LdT. Oh, and traded their starting FS for a 4th and replaced him with a concussion risk... And signed a PK who blew chunks so bad playing for a domed team they canned his ass in week 14...And they've done all this while their scatter armed rookie QB with the 63.0 QB rating is already having his 23 year old knees scoped though he will be ready for TC...

The JETS are not better as of this day, six weeks prior to the draft and 4 months before camp opens and five and a half months before the regular season commences by simple virtue of the disparity between their QB and HC and ours...not that being deemed better in March actually means anything...

add in Washington's ? recovery and the logic behind the move is clear. LT has good hands and can still run in space. The money this year is of no consequence. I can't see a real downside,even though I despise him and Gag Green.What the Rats better hope is Greene doesn't go down with another "leg" injury.

Seems to me LT is now an older version of the "healthy" Leon Washington. Also seems like they are really hoping they move Washington.

They are better because they got a good #2 db. They are better because they have the db's to blitz like madmen. They are not better for LT. As a matter of fact, I think LT makes the offense worse.

I guess the fact that the Jets had ONE more sack last year than the Patriots sure does makes your "blitz" point.

Revis is a great player and the only reason their defensive backfield may be better than ours, there are not many other db's of theirs I would take over ours -- in other words you can keep Chromartie I'll keep Butler & Bodden. I don;t even know if I would take Leonard over Sanders.

I like our running game better than theirs right, if NE had lost Jones over money, I can only imagine the 'Kraft is cheap" outcry from here.

There is NO way the Jets are a better team than NE and I would take any bet right now (for Miguels sisters food pantry of course) against anyone that cares to put their money where their mouth is to back it up.

You couldn't have scripted this one better. Ldt hates BB and the Pats, and [many] Patriot fans despise mr. classy. This is going to make for some really nice drama over the next two seasons.

He won't last that long, you can bank on it. It's a race between injury and cold weather -- either will make LaClassian fold like a burlap bag.

isn't it a bit ******ed that a team who beat a team in the playoffs, is taking castoffs from the team they beat?

isn't it supposed to be the team that got beat, trying to weaken the team who beat them?

seems weird

Your talking about the JETS. They do as much to grab ink on the back pages in the largest and most crowded media market in the country as they do to actually field an improved team. For Woody it's first and foremost about selling PSL's...

Last edited:
Your talking about the JETS. They do as much to grab ink on the back pages in the largest and most crowded media market in the country as they do to actually field an improved team. For Woody it's first and foremost about selling PSL's...

Exactly.

Better RB at this point in their careers? Jones.

More jersey sales/revenue: Tomlinson

One more reason to HATE the JETS....

Give LT 5-10 touches a game and let him be the goal line back. He can catch too so he's insurance if Washington is still hurt.

Too those that just go, 'Tomlinson replacing Thomas Jones LOL'... Greene is replacing Thomas Jones. Tomlinson will just be a goal line/insurance 3rd down back. I don't get whats to hate in this signing, other than LT is a douche that signed for one of our biggest rivals.

Classy pickup by the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back