PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LT expected to sign with Jets - "done deal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any details on the contract? I'm sure it was done in a classy manner

Like what?? They have replaced one failed CB trade with a another potential failure and replaced a 1400 yard RB with the ghost of LdT. Oh, and traded their starting FS for a 4th and replaced him with a concussion risk... And signed a PK who blew chunks so bad playing for a domed team they canned his ass in week 14...And they've done all this while their scatter armed rookie QB with the 63.0 QB rating is already having his 23 year old knees scoped though he will be ready for TC...

The JETS are not better as of this day, six weeks prior to the draft and 4 months before camp opens and five and a half months before the regular season commences by simple virtue of the disparity between their QB and HC and ours...not that being deemed better in March actually means anything...

And what have we done to improve ourselves??? Josh Reed would be asset to start.. But they should have pulled the trigger on the Bolden deal, the WR situation is a mess right now... Again I say right now because we still have 4 months to go, but the jets are agressive , you cant argue with that...

And what have we done to improve ourselves??? Josh Reed would be asset to start.. But they should have pulled the trigger on the Bolden deal, the WR situation is a mess right now... Again I say right now because we still have 4 months to go, but the jets are agressive , you cant argue with that...

I have a new nickname for the Jets.... ABC - Agressive But Classy

Yes - the jets aggressively got rid of their best offensive player and replaced him with a rb who averaged 3.3 yards a carry and aggressively likes to sit out big games and pout on the sideline. The jets also aggressively cut their #2 and #3 cbs from last year as well as their starting free safety and aggressively traded for a cb that is afraid to tackle and a headcase.

He won't last that long, you can bank on it. It's a race between injury and cold weather -- either will make LaClassian fold like a burlap bag.

Well put. Someone will have to tell him: Sonny, this ain't kansas nomore.

Jets agreed to terms with RB LaDainian Tomlinson on a two-year, $5.2 million contract. Another $500,000 is available via incentives.
Per rotoworld

The Redskins have a history of being aggressive and it didn't amount to a hill of beans. And how is signing an aging diva and a failed 1st rounder and letting your best RB walk and trading away your best safety for a 4th aggressive...Personally I think it's stupid. As for Boldin, he isn't worth the $20M the Ravens are spending to test drive him for a season. That money here is better spent on extending some of our own FA who were among (or would have been if not tagged) some of the better players available this FA season... What we have lost are two TE who didn't fit this system. One had a lousy attitude and didn't want to work, and the other could work 'til the cows came home and he still couldn't put it all together after six NFL seasons...

Now I'm just confused. I can agree with ditching Thomas Jones, and I get the logic of signing LT (though not at that price)... but both? That's just dumb.

Now I'm just confused. I can agree with ditching Thomas Jones, and I get the logic of signing LT (though not at that price)... but both? That's just dumb.

They had to ditch Jones so they could pay Ldt's [or some other big name's] salary. They brought in Ldt to sell PSLs (enough acronyms for you?). That's the only level it makes sense on. And I agree with Mo about their lockerroom since at least one of their Vet leaders has gone on record denouncing the Thomas Jones move. On the other hand, good god, I shudder to think what goes on behind the scenes with the New Jersey Jets.

Last edited:
Yes - the jets aggressively got rid of their best offensive player and replaced him with a rb who averaged 3.3 yards a carry and aggressively likes to sit out big games and pout on the sideline. The jets also aggressively cut their #2 and #3 cbs from last year as well as their starting free safety and aggressively traded for a cb that is afraid to tackle and a headcase.
You really need to comment more often.

At this point my reaction to LdT signing with any team is a quick shrug of the shoulders. How many running backs over the age of 30 with more than 3400 carries/receptions (i.e., hits) have a positive impact on a new team? For comparison sake, Shaun Alexander had only about 1000 less carries/receptions, and look how quickly he went downhill; how did he do when he left Seattle?

2.6 million a year for a 3rd down receiving back......

I'm serious when i say this. If I were the Jets I would've thrown 2.6 million Kevin Faulk's way. He's better than LT now at what they want him to do. I doubt he would've betrayed us if they offered it to him though.

Jets are marginally improved by this move. More a name than anything but LT is definitely an upgrade to Thomas Jones IMO. Jones is a one trick pony, one cut and done. LT has much better vision and is a threat to catch 40 balls next year.

It'll get a lot of pub but it's actually a minor move.

Jets are marginally improved by this move. More a name than anything but LT is definitely an upgrade to Thomas Jones IMO. Jones is a one trick pony, one cut and done. LT has much better vision and is a threat to catch 40 balls next year.

It'll get a lot of pub but it's actually a minor move.

All Thomas Jones does is produce on the football field. He's like a bad penny that keep showing up. The doubters continually say he is washed up and he comes in the next season and continues to gain on the ground. I don't think it is a bad move to cut a rb when he get's old but bringing in a rb that is old and just averaged 3.3 ypc is not smart. However the Jets do have a good offensive line and LT may pan out well. LT's numbers declined when they got rid of their FB and the Jet's have a pretty good one to aid LT's return. I'm not so sure if he's going to have a comeback season or not, but his chances are a lot better on that team.

The Jets released the starting RB of the #1 ranked rushing offense and have now signed the starting RB from the #31 ranked rushing offense.

Excellent.

You aren't very bright.

Jones, while he was a big part of the rushing offense in the beginning of last year, is a one dimesional player, but it was Shonn Greene that finished the year and dominated in the playoffs.

LT is younger than Jones, and essentially replaces his roster spot, a future HOF who is still just 30, he brings veteran leadership to a back field that will include second year starter's at QB and RB in Sanchez and Greene.

Jones' productivity fell of a cliff at the end of the year, when Greene went down in the AFC game against Indy, Jones was a liability.

LT, if healthy can still play, he is also playing behind one of the best OL's in football as opposed to one of the worst which was San Diego. Go look up the stats, some here have commented on LT's ypc, go look up Sproles ypc, it is virtually the same, so it's not the player, it's the OL. San Diego also had a different offensive philosophy, they had the air attack with multiple pro bowl talented weapons, including great year by Rivers.

LT isn't going to the Jets to be a featured back, he's there to be a role player behind Greene, a pretty damn good option if you think about it.

Leon isn't going anywhere, but he also will probably not be 100% to start the year, so he'll be brought along gradually in a smaller role, and as the season progresses, he will probably become a bigger factor in the second half.

It's not a 1 RB league anymore, the deeper the RB postion, the better.

Greene, Tomlinson, and now Leon?

That is probably the best RB trio in football. LT provides a dimension, again, when healthy, that Jones can't dream of.

All Thomas Jones does is produce on the football field. He's like a bad penny that keep showing up. The doubters continually say he is washed up and he comes in the next season and continues to gain on the ground. I don't think it is a bad move to cut a rb when he get's old but bringing in a rb that is old and just averaged 3.3 ypc is not smart. However the Jets do have a good offensive line and LT may pan out well. LT's numbers declined when they got rid of their FB and the Jet's have a pretty good one to aid LT's return. I'm not so sure if he's going to have a comeback season or not, but his chances are a lot better on that team.

Tomlinson is a year younger than Jones. Jones also ran behind one of the best OL's in football, Tomlinson ran behind one of the worst. Sproles only had a 3.6 ypc last year, is it because he stinks or is old?

2.6 million a year for a 3rd down receiving back......

I'm serious when i say this. If I were the Jets I would've thrown 2.6 million Kevin Faulk's way. He's better than LT now at what they want him to do. I doubt he would've betrayed us if they offered it to him though.

Are you really suggesting Kevin Faulk, especially at like 33 years old, is better than LT?

Wow!!! :eek:

Ladanian is the latest version of Ronnie Lott and Art Monk

Ask people of which team either or both of these Hall Of Famers and best of all time players played in thier last years and few would know it.

Only few people remember Monk as a Jet nor do they with Lott

The same will go for this future HOFer of LT....In 10 years from now no one outside of gang green nation will remember Ladanian finishing as a Jet

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back