PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LT expected to sign with Jets - "done deal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So any one think LDT will be one of the captains for the Jets?:eek:

How will the Pats game plan for him, do they put in a different package when LDT comes into the game?

I think at this point in LDT carreer that what he does best is catch out of the back field. Does anyone feel he would cause any match up problems Vs the Pats?

The last time he caused match-up problems for us was in 2006.

So any one think LDT will be one of the captains for the Jets?:eek:

How will the Pats game plan for him, do they put in a different package when LT comes into the game?

I think at this point in LDT carreer that what he does best is catch out of the back field. Does anyone feel he would cause any match up problems Vs the Pats?

i think the pats will use the BLT defense to confuse and frustrate fatso.

instead of lap band surgery. why didn't they just tape chubby's mouth shut and cure two problems at once ?

i think the pats will use the BLT defense to confuse and frustrate fatso.

instead of lap band surgery. why didn't they just tape chubby's mouth shut and cure two problems at once ?

:rocker: Brilliant.

Cromartie = soft, but if he can remember how to play man then this could work out long term.
Yeah, Cromartie will be good on 3rd downs. But what about 1st and 2nd when he has to support the run and possible play zone?

Brodney pool= depth at safety and an upgrade over Rhodes if he does not scramble his brain any more.
You are totally delusional. Kerry Rhodes is much better than Brodney. And I'm not sure how he provides "depth" when he's such an injury risk. This provides another layer of softness to the Jets.

LDT= A back up plan for Leon, and sells some more PSLs, and he comes cheap, very little downside to this move in an uncapped season.

ADT= A cheap option for a situational pass rusher, of course this only happens if BB can not find some team to take over his $5 mil salary for a late pick.

Not a lot of risk in any of these moves, considering Rhodes was average and TJ couldn't get it done when it mattered most.

So you think LT gets it done "when it matters most"? Hah! You say these are all low risk moves, but bottom line is the Jets have added 3 soft players and have lost 2 very physical ones.

well......actually because my biggest beef of the last couple of weeks is the LB situation........

as for slamming them, don't be so sensitive.....I didn't slam anyone......just because I'm calling the situation out now doesn't mean I am wrong.......when the issue rears its ugly head during the season, I will be able to say 'I told you so'

Point taken. I used the word 'slam' based on my read of the tone of your posts during the last month or so. Wasn't trying to slam you. :)

No one is right or wrong and you should be free to voice your opinions however unpopular they might be, as you are. Let's see who gets to say "I told you so" later when the season is mid-way. :)

Last edited:
Point taken. I used the word 'slam' based on my read of the tone of your posts during the last month or so. Wasn't trying to slam you. :)

No one is right or wrong and you should be free to voice your opinions however unpopular they might be, as you are. Let's see who gets to say "I told you so" later when the season is mid-way. :)

sho 'nuff.........I still have hope......there is always hope

but its just not what I see in terms of what the difference can be between now and week 1

Yeah, Cromartie will be good on 3rd downs. But what about 1st and 2nd when he has to support the run and possible play zone?

You are totally delusional. Kerry Rhodes is much better than Brodney. And I'm not sure how he provides "depth" when he's such an injury risk. This provides another layer of softness to the Jets.

So you think LT gets it done "when it matters most"? Hah! You say these are all low risk moves, but bottom line is the Jets have added 3 soft players and have lost 2 very physical ones.

====================================================

I don't expect much run support out of Cromartie, cause he is so soft. Cromar is definitely and experiment.

K Rhodes has skills, He just hasn't been giving 100%, which leaves him as an average safety, good against the pass, soft in the run game.
I honestly don't know much about Pool except he has concussion issues and plays more physical the Rodes. I expect pool to be better against the run and a drop off in the passing game over Rhodes.

I don't know if LDT gets it done when it matters, thats Greenes job, just saying for the money LDT is getting he can ride the bench and it won't hurt the Jets via a contract or costing draft picks.

ADT probably never becomes a Jet.

I don't expect much run support out of Cromartie, cause he is so soft. Cromar is definitely and experiment.

K Rhodes has skills, He just hasn't been giving 100%, which leaves him as an average safety, good against the pass, soft in the run game.
I honestly don't know much about Pool except he has concussion issues and plays more physical the Rodes. I expect pool to be better against the run and a drop off in the passing game over Rhodes.

I don't know if LDT gets it done when it matters, thats Greenes job, just saying for the money LDT is getting he can ride the bench and it won't hurt the Jets via a contract or costing draft picks.

ADT probably never becomes a Jet.

Careful, you may be falsly accused of being a patriots homer. That's what would happen if one of us admitted this...

And for the record, I have a feeling it will hurt the JETS in other ways if LdT rides the bench, especially in losses...when his teamates and JETS fans have to keep watching the cameras pan to him sulking with his visor slammed shut. Besides his phony classy whining act, one of the things I have come to dislike him over is his propensity to tap out when the going gets tough...only to hop back in if it looks like the momentum is shifting. Reminds me a lot of how Ben and Farvre tend to develop limps or extremity numbness right after making costly mistakes, only to valiently re-enter the game like the wounded warriors they are if their defense makes a stop and gets the ball back with decent field position...

Careful, you may be falsly accused of being a patriots homer. That's what would happen if one of us admitted this...

And for the record, I have a feeling it will hurt the JETS in other ways if LdT rides the bench, especially in losses...when his teammates and JETS fans have to keep watching the cameras pan to him sulking with his visor slammed shut. Besides his phony classy whining act, one of the things I have come to dislike him over is his propensity to tap out when the going gets tough...only to hop back in if it looks like the momentum is shifting. Reminds me a lot of how Ben and Farvre tend to develop limps or extremity numbness right after making costly mistakes, only to valiently re-enter the game like the wounded warriors they are if their defense makes a stop and gets the ball back with decent field position...

===================================================

Even if he is a pouty diva that sulks around and puts a bad vibe to his section of the bench, it is still a win for the Jets considering the butts he puts in seats and jersey sales etc.

LDT is well liked around the league, IMHO he will bring in 20 times the $s it cost to sign him.

And there is a distinct possibility that he actually contributes well on the field and in the locker room.

All in all, not a bad signing by the Jets.

===================================================

Even if he is a pouty diva that sulks around and puts a bad vibe to his section of the bench, it is still a win for the Jets considering the butts he puts in seats and jersey sales etc.

LDT is well liked around the league, IMHO he will bring in 20 times the $s it cost to sign him.

And there is a distinct possibility that he actually contributes well on the field and in the locker room.

All in all, not a bad signing by the Jets.

Considering that is so often their criteria, which was the reason Bill resigned when the HCing job was foisted on him and warned Eric not to do it...

Considering that is so often their criteria, which was the reason Bill resigned when the HCing job was foisted on him and warned Eric not to do it...

I thought BB stole a dieing mans $1mil because he did not want to work under Parcells thumb and that Kraft made a better offer.

It was reported that BB did't want Mangini to take any head coaching job because he did not think Mangini was reADY TO BE A HEAD COACH. (OOPS).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back