PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LT expected to sign with Jets - "done deal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
LT, and Marshall together would be a chemistry catastrophe.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Jets are going to be a popular team online in Madden 2011, but, I don't think it will work in a NFL season.

Chemistry will be an issue.

Last edited:
LT is not an upgrade over Jones.

someone please explain the LT love. I don't get it. I understand that the Jets 0-line is great at run-blocking - but I still think L.T. is D.O.N.E.

I feel that the Jets think of LDT as more of a short term replacement for Leon Washington then for Jones.

Nah. The team's social director, Cromartie, will step in and smooth things over. And if that doesn't work, Jabba Wrecks will just sit on them until they settle down. That'll work until November, when the weather turns and LaClassian packs to go home.

LT is not an upgrade over Jones.

who ever said he was? I sure did not.

LT is done.... but a Marshall, LT chemistry catastrophe would be fun to watch.

I could see both of those EGO's going at each other and causing problems.:)

That is the fun part.... if Marshall is traded that is.

Nah. The team's social director, Cromartie, will step in and smooth things over. And if that doesn't work, Jabba Wrecks will just sit on them until they settle down. That'll work until November, when the weather turns and LaClassian packs to go home.

oh lmao Cromartie.... I forgot about that beauty!!!!!

That would even be better!!!! lmao

TY :rofl:

When I am responding to a post or poster, I quote their comments. I was not referring to you in my post.

My point is that the jets will likely be weaker in their run game than last year, even with the addition of LT.

who ever said he was? I sure did not.

LT is done.... but a Marshall, LT chemistry catastrophe would be fun to watch.

I could see both of those EGO's going at each other and causing problems.:)

That is the fun part.... if Marshall is traded that is.

Also, possibly the most hated player of pats fans joined the Jets. I hope L.T comes out and says, "I thought Jets gave me the best chance to win the superbowl."

As soon as that pen meets the contract, we can kiss 2.2 yards that we defend twice a year goodbye. God help us all...........

I personally feel that swapping Thomas Jones for Ldt is ludicrous, but Ldt probably has enough left to be an effective strictly third down back. If they're expecting him to split carries with Greene, that's laughable. They have Washington who has injury concerns, so Ldt also becomes a good depth signing.

In some ways, this is a match made in heaven. Like I said before, Ldt and NY NEED each other. Woody has PSLs to sell, and Ldt is on the brink of total irrelevance--his ego is way too big for that, kind of like Emmit Smith.

May seem like a minor point that has been discussed ad nauseam, but referring to this gutless, holier than thou Pats hater as "LT" really disrespects the legacy of the greatest LB of all time.

With the size of Lt's ego, its fortunate for the JETS that they play out doors. If they had a dome they might not be able to close the roof while he's inside.

:rolleyes:

Ladanian has really gone downhill over the last couple of year in a big way.

He's got over 3400 touches in his career. There's only a handful of players who have even reached that many touches - Emmitt, Walter Payton, Curtis Martin, the Bus, and Marshall Faulk.

There are a lot of great backs who retired before getting to 3400 - Barry Sanders, Eric ****erson, Jim Brown, Tony Dorsett, Marcus Allen, Corey Dillon.

Ironically, Edgerin James has over 3400 touches as well and he's been cooked for 2 years now.

There's not way he produces as well as Thomas Jones did last year. And the risk of him bottoming out is pretty high

greene as the primary RB and LT as the 3rd down back is a decent setup......LT can still be effective if the load is not too big

will it work? who knows.......it'll be interesting with all the expectation that will be built up on the jets

greene as the primary RB and LT as the 3rd down back is a decent setup......LT can still be effective if the load is not too big

will it work? who knows.......it'll be interesting with all the expectation that will be built up on the jets

you said in the other topic it would be a "perfect" fit and lt would split carries with greene.

lol

I think that the Jets may be worried about losing Leon Washington. Two years ago, Tomlinson would have scared me. But now not so much. He can be a decent 3rd down/change of pace RB. But I still don't know if they can come close to recreating their running game next year if they have Shonn Greene carrying the rock and LT as the back up. If Greene goes down and they have to rely on Tomlinson to carry the load, they could be dead in the water.

If they keep Washington, they will be in far better shape. But I think the addition of LT means the Jets feel someone is going to give Washigton a contract they can't or won't match. If they were just looking for a 3rd RB on the roster, they could add one with a late draft pick or a lesser free agent.

you said in the other topic it would be a "perfect" fit and lt would split carries with greene.

lol

split carries, or be a 3rd down back......bottom line is that it would be effective as long as LT stays fresh

sounds like a nervous laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye