PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LT expected to sign with Jets - "done deal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good move for them, another guy who'll fit their system.

Cromartie will be a stud for them playing man to man, LT gives them a third down back while Leon Washington recovers. They don't need Thomas Jones, they have that beast Shonn Greene (a guy BB passed up 3 times) to carry the load.

Tannenbaum is running circles around BB.

Last edited:
Are you really suggesting Kevin Faulk, especially at like 33 years old, is better than LT?

Wow!!! :eek:

That's awesome that you think that. Why do you care what we think? Why don't you go back to JI for a *********** about this and leave us alone.

Cromartie will be a stud for them playing man to man, LT gives them a third down back while Leon Washington recovers. They don't need Thomas Jones, they have that beast Shonn Greene (a guy BB passed up 3 times) to carry the load.

I think you should change your name and start again, troll. And next time don't be so obvious.

Yes- Faulk is much better than LT.

At 33 years old, btw, he has < half of LT's career touches. Realistically, he's 'younger' than LT by a long shot.

I thought the Cromartie signing was a pretty good move (he's better than Sheppard), but Thomas Jones > LT.

Last edited:
Well it looks like the old pre season Jet's will win it all is in

full swing once again ... year 42 and counting for this crap?

Well it looks like the old pre season Jet's will win it all is in

full swing once again ... year 42 and counting for this crap?

Out of the 16 AFC teams,I would put the Jets within the top 6 of winning it all this year with the Pats ranking lower until we see what the draft and/or FA brings because right now,the Pats have so many holes its mediocreville on March 15th.

IMO The Jets chances rely on what Sanchez does - If Sanchez can play like Favre did last season or what Cassel did in 2008 for us and just manage the game as QB and let his defense carry much of the load,that team will be scary good.

Anyone who thinks the Patriots on March 15th have anywhere near the complete overall talent on the roster that the Jets have RIGHT NOW you must be kidding yourself - Lets face it,the Pats have A LOT more work to do to get to Elite again than the JETS do,it could change but how long it will take is the question.

Last edited:
Yes I forgot you must be a complete homer to reside here.

Tomlinson is a year younger than Jones. Jones also ran behind one of the best OL's in football, Tomlinson ran behind one of the worst. Sproles only had a 3.6 ypc last year, is it because he stinks or is old?

In 2008, Tomlinson averaged 3.8 ypc and Sproles averaged 5.4 ypc.

Out of the 16 AFC teams,I would put the Jets within the top 6 of winning it all this year with the Pats ranking lower until we see what the draft and/or FA brings because right now,the Pats have so many holes its mediocreville on March 15th.

IMO The Jets chances rely on what Sanchez does - If Sanchez can play like Favre did last season or what Cassel did in 2008 for us and just manage the game as QB and let his defense carry much of the load,that team will be scary good.

Anyone who thinks the Patriots on March 15th have anywhere near the complete overall talent on the roster that the Jets have RIGHT NOW you must be kidding yourself - Lets face it,the Pats have A LOT more work to do to get to Elite again than the JETS do,it could change but how long it will take is the question.

I did not say we had a better chance ...

I did not say we had a better chance ...

To me the team on MARCH 15TH that looks pretty damn good at least ON PAPER are the Baltimore Ravens of all AFC Teams
They have an up and coming star at QB,A Great running game,they finally added CRUCIAL and talented depth at WR and the defense has always been solid since Lewis was drafted.

The Ravens could be dominant in the AFC..we shall see

Listen. This board is pretty respectful of opposition posters who identify themselves as such and then make intelligent and respectful comments.

So, why don't you change your nick to something like "JetFan..." and start over, because you have no credibility as chowwhatever. then you'd be able to say "another good move for us..." and be upfront. Until then, you're on my ignore list.

Yes I forgot you must be a complete homer to reside here.
Nope, just a fan of the Patriots. If it annoys you so much that we enjoy the Pats and think they are a better team than the Jets, why not post on Jetsinsider, where you will find people who also are fans of the Jets, and with whom you can have meaningful discussions.

If you are indeed a closet Jets fan, there is something you can answer for me. I've always wondered why you don't just say so, like other fans of teams who are proud of their team. I never understood why people try to hide who they are a fan of. Why do you do this?

I read yesterday where the Jets had the chance to match what Thomas Jones got to sign elsewhere, but chose not to do so. Then, they sign LT for more than that contract. $5M was too much to re-sign their 1400 yard rusher, but $5.2M was O.K. to sign somebody who appears to have declined greatly? Odd. That said, LT was smart because the Jets do have a tremendous offensive line, so maybe this will be a good match.

Last edited:
Im glad the fans here our bashing the jets, because the Jets, who are suppose to be limited on what you do in FA have done more than the Pats have... And as of this day the Jets are better... Not because of Lt, but of other things they have done..
If the Pats let Faulk walk and traded a pick for LT, as the Jets cut Jones, and if the Pats let Bodden walk and traded for Cromartie, as the Jets did with Lito, you would be pissing and moaning how the Pats were going backwards. But when the Jets do this, they are good moves?

Again I say right now because we still have 4 months to go, but the jets are agressive , you cant argue with that...
I wouldn't want to argue that. Why would you argue that the Redskins philosophy of cutting your own and signed FAs is more effective than the Colts phiosophy of signing your own?

Hey, I like FA pickups, too. Sometimes they are good and sometimes not. But to say the Jets got a lot better by switching Cromartie for Shepard and LT for Jones is silly, and to say that the gold standard for improving a team is to out-Snyder the Redskins is a poor argument.

Do we need to wait until the Jets sign Brandon Marshall, to then decide the our team needs an upgrade. Nothing pains me more, than to read about a Jets signing. Though i feel LT is a significant downgrade from TJ, it still creates buzz the Pats aren't getting. Ive read this board for an eternity, but have never so much wanted to comment than this off season.
Blow draft smoke up my ***** all day, but I'm refusing to get excited about multiple draft picks in the second round, based off of last years Pioli-less draft.

There is no reason at all what so ever that a team as desperate as the Chicago Bears wouldn't have traded us Greg Olsen last week. We are tightendless if no one has noticed, and the man crush on Doren ****erson smells. Must we wait until camp to end up with a JP Foschi, or Steve Heiden.

At this exact time last year, I was very concerned with how we lost Jabar Gaffney and replaced him with injury prone Galloway, Not at the time knowing how that acquisition would turn into a land mine, but the concern at the time was, if Galloway gets hurt who will replace him?? Number 3 outside receiver is more crucial to this offenses success, than any other. I still feel to this day that Donte Stallworth was the hamster in the wheel in the 07 season. Gaffney did a respectable job in 08, but last year required nothing more than straight man coverage with a seldom glance from either safety. Thus putting Moss into situations that no receiver could possibly succeed in, and making his life frustrating as hell and questioning him.

With that said, and Welker a mess, how the hell has receiver not been priority one this off season. And not Josh Reeds of the world. I just seen 16 games with his brother Sam Aiken, and a preseason with his cousin Greg Lewis. I understand the Brandon Marshall is a cancer thing, understand that. But shouldn't we be hanging up 2nd round draft pick for sale or trade for WR signs in every gas station in America? Marshall, Malcom Floyd, Houshmandzadeh, Sims-Walker, Lee Evans, Dwayne Bowe, Chaz Schillens, Kevin Curtis. Any of these guys i bet could be had for a draft pick, and would be great compliments to Moss. Leave Edelman in slot, and wait for Welk.

Sorry for the rant. But we have to do something!

Last edited:
If the Pats let Faulk walk and traded a pick for LT, as the Jets cut Jones, and if the Pats let Bodden walk and traded for Cromartie, as the Jets did with Lito, you would be pissing and moaning how the Pats were going backwards. But when the Jets do this, they are good moves?

the jets traded a pick for LT??? to who???

Do we need to wait until the Jets sign Brandon Marshall, to then decide the our team needs an upgrade. Nothing pains me more, than to read about a Jets signing. Though i feel LT is a significant downgrade from TJ, it still creates buzz the Pats aren't getting. Ive read this board for an eternity, but have never so much wanted to comment than this off season.
Blow draft smoke up my ***** all day, but I'm refusing to get excited about multiple draft picks in the second round, based off of last years Pioli-less draft.

There is no reason at all what so ever that a team as desperate as the Chicago Bears wouldn't have traded us Greg Olsen last week. We are tightendless if no one has noticed, and the man crush on Doren ****erson smells. Must we wait until camp to end up with a JP Foschi, or Steve Heiden.

At this exact time last year, I was very concerned with how we lost Jabar Gaffney and replaced him with injury prone Galloway, Not at the time knowing how that acquisition would turn into a land mine, but the concern at the time was, if Galloway gets hurt who will replace him?? Number 3 outside receiver is more crucial to this offenses success, than any other. I still feel to this day that Donte Stallworth was the hamster in the wheel in the 07 season. Gaffney did a respectable job in 08, but last year required nothing more than straight man coverage with a seldom glance from either safety. Thus putting Moss into situations that no receiver could possibly succeed in, and making his life frustrating as hell and questioning him.

With that said, and Welker a mess, how the hell has receiver not been priority one this off season. And not Josh Reeds of the world. I just seen 16 games with his brother Sam Aiken, and a preseason with his cousin Greg Lewis. I understand the Brandon Marshall is a cancer thing, understand that. But shouldn't we be hanging up 2nd round draft pick for sale or trade for WR signs in every gas station in America? Marshall, Malcom Floyd, Houshmandzadeh, Sims-Walker, Lee Evans, Dwayne Bowe, Chaz Schillens, Kevin Curtis. Any of these guys i bet could be had for a draft pick, and would be great compliments to Moss. Leave Edelman in slot, and wait for Welk.

Sorry for the rant. But we have to do something!

so now it's buzz that wins football games ? if that were the case san diego, indy, dallas and washington would all have won multiple superbowls the past fifteen years. man, you guys sound like a bunch of women in a sewing circle. the jets replaced two of their best veteran players and leaders with two of the worst veteran losers from the team they just beat in the playoffs. yet, espn will spin these moves like they are genius, and you doofuses will gooble it up as if it were gospel spewed from a mother egret.

i can't even call these people chicken littles any more. they are more like lemmings, embracing the cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News