PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

low grade rumor: Redskins FA safety Laron Landry considering Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, before this turns ugly, I am just going to say that you are welcomed to your opinion, but I disagree with basically all of it.
I think you should find someone other than me to talk about football with because we simply have a 180 degree different outlook on the sport.
Have a wonderful day.

You could disagree all you want, the FACTS are clear.

That picture is not photoshopped, Landry really looks like a bodybuilder.
laron-landry-huge-muscles.jpg

Picture taken by him. Photos: Redskins Laron Landry Has Grown Quite Muscular | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Giordano did close on speedster Devin Hester, who run a 4.27 at his Pro day.

Giordano does have 5 INT in 8 games started last season, while Landry the bodybuilder has 4 INT in 64 career starts.

The Redskins did sign Meriweather to replace Landry, the same Meriweather who was cut by the Patriots.

The facts are clear.

I would rather have a sixth round draft pick who sat on the bench for the first two years than a QB who was draft #5 and took his team to the AFC championship game his first two years.

And of course you would rather have EVERY 6th round draft pick over EVERY #5 draft pick, because that is the norm, and not an exception, which is why your argument is so convincing.
Not to mention the point of that comment was physical skills. The brain difference you want to bring in with this example was not part of the conversation.

But feel free to tell me Matt Giordano is a better safety than LaRon Landry.

You could disagree all you want, the FACTS are clear.

That picture is not photoshopped, Landry really looks like a bodybuilder.
laron-landry-huge-muscles.jpg

Picture taken by him. Photos: Redskins Laron Landry Has Grown Quite Muscular | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Giordano did close on speedster Devin Hester, who run a 4.27 at his Pro day.

Giordano does have 5 INT in 8 games started last season, while Landry the bodybuilder has 4 INT in 64 career starts.

The Redskins did sign Meriweather to replace Landry, the same Meriweather who was cut by the Patriots.

The facts are clear.

As I said, before this gets ugly I am going to simply say I disagree and suggest we do not discuss football any longer because it seems we will disagree on almost every point.
Please respect that and stop responding to me saying I don't want to talk to you anymore. Fair enough?

some of my patsfans bros really need to get out of the house more often

As I said, before this gets ugly I am going to simply say I disagree and suggest we do not discuss football any longer because it seems we will disagree on almost every point.
Please respect that and stop responding to me saying I don't want to talk to you anymore. Fair enough?

You could just ignore him :confused:

When you make unsubstantiated claims(like claiming that that pic was photoshopped) and then you run away when you are proved false, dont expect me to not call you on the BS you are spewing around.

Welcome to the board, Giordanos agent or his mom....

I also supported Tebow and Wolfe, I guess I am their agent and mom too. Too bad that I'm not.

Now I am Giordanos agent, because I support a ballhawking safety who excelled last season in limited starts, and could very well turn to be a productive safety for the Pats, and improve their defense against the pass woes.

I also supported Tebow and Wolfe, I guess I am their agent and mom too. Too bad that I'm not.

Now I am Giordanos agent, because I support a ballhawking safety who excelled last season in limited starts, and could very well turn to be a productive safety for the Pats, and improve their defense against the pass woes.

Ballhawk? This dude is the definition of JAG.

Welker was also the definition of JAG before he joined the Pats.

Apart from he wasn't, someone here posted his YPC average as a Dolphin, guess what it was higher back then.

Welker was a good WR in a poor team.

This safety can't stick with one team, is a special teamer and the majority of his picks last year came from poor passes.

how many players have played for washington and have succeeded elsewhere .....the system plays an important role. BB puts players in the position to make plays....based on there strengths.... he looks outside the box ..so I believe Landry is being targeted for a specific reason... don't doubt the 3 rings :)

...:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Last edited:
Rumors are that the Jets have signed Reggie Nelson. That is good if the Pats are dead set on getting Landry because if the Jets lost out on Nelson, they would grossly overpay for Landry because they couldn't lose both guys.

Rumors are that the Jets have signed Reggie Nelson. That is good if the Pats are dead set on getting Landry because if the Jets lost out on Nelson, they would grossly overpay for Landry because they couldn't lose both guys.

Heard on the radio Chicago and a few other teams are interested (total of 5)

I'm so wishy/washy on this guy to start with and think someone will pay him more than he's worth..

Heard on the radio Chicago and a few other teams are interested (total of 5)

I'm so wishy/washy on this guy to start with and think someone will pay him more than he's worth..

If Mike Giardi is right and Landry wants to play for the Pats more than any other team, he might take a bit of a discount to play here. I do agree if the price gets too jacked up, I hope the Pats pass. Landry is a stud when healthy, but the "when healthy" part is the problem.

Apart from he wasn't, someone here posted his YPC average as a Dolphin, guess what it was higher back then.

Welker was a good WR in a poor team.

This safety can't stick with one team, is a special teamer and the majority of his picks last year came from poor passes.

Welker was also kicked around on Special Teams before he was given a chance. The same happened with Giordano.
And if Welker was not given a chance for years, you would claim that Welker is just a JAG special teamer, just like you claim about Giordano.

About INT being poor throws, you could say the same about 90% of all INTs. Giordano is also a big hitter, made a big hit when Indy won the SB to end the Bears chance of a comeback.

Look, before this turns ugly, I am just going to say that you are welcomed to your opinion, but I disagree with basically all of it.
I think you should find someone other than me to talk about football with because we simply have a 180 degree different outlook on the sport.
Have a wonderful day.

Is it really that hard for you to simply concede that Giordano was much faster than you originally stated? It doesn't have to go beyond that either. Just that facet of the argument.

Your post is like an episode of Happy Days where the Fonz has to admit he's "wr...wr...wr...wrong."

Welker was also kicked around on Special Teams before he was given a chance.

No. He proved himself as an able wide receiver before we gave him a chance.

Giordano, on the other hand, hasn't shown himself to be anything more than a JAG.

No. He proved himself as an able wide receiver before we gave him a chance.

Uh, it seems that you have reading comprehension problems. Welker was kicked around on ST before he was given a chance by the Dolphins.
Thats what happened with Giordano, until he was given a chance by the Raiders.

Giordano, on the other hand, hasn't shown himself to be anything more than a JAG.
Not true.

NFL Stats: by Player Position

Only 2 Safeties have more INT than Giordano this season.

Eric Weddle started 15 games has 7 INT 18 PDef 88 Tackles (70 solo)
Dashon Goldson started 14 games has 6 INT 15 PDef 67 Tackles (55 solo)

Matt Giordano started 8 games 5 INT 10 PDef 70 Tackles (56 solo)

Giordano compares very well with two very good safeties, considering that he started 8 games, and the others 15 and 14. Giordano performed definitely better than JAG this season when he was given a chance to start.

Landry started 8 games 0 INT 0 PDef 48 Tackles (35 solo)

Definitely looks more JAG than Giordano.

Well, the Jets lost out on the Reggie Nelson sweepstakes. That means they will go hard after Landry. I am not in favor of getting too deep in a bidding war for Landry. Let the Jets overpay and take the risk he can stay healthy.

Landry is only worth while if he takes a reasonable deal. The Jets are desperate now. They needed either Nelson or Landry to make their free agency decent and Nelson is gone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick