PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

low grade rumor: Redskins FA safety Laron Landry considering Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
You realize Wilfork had 2 interceptions last year? Maybe we should use him as a safety.

Not really sure that you can base how good a player is going to be over 7 or 8 games, but whatever you think. I usually take interceptions with a grain of salt, some are pure skill, some are pure luck, and some are a combination of the two. If he had done it over a full season, or even better, a couple of seasons I would be a lot quicker to think he was the real deal.

Uh, it seems that you have reading comprehension problems. Welker was kicked around on ST before he was given a chance by the Dolphins.
Thats what happened with Giordano, until he was given a chance by the Raiders.

Sorry, I only skim your posts. My fault.

Matt Giordano started 8 games 5 INT 10 PDef 70 Tackles (56 solo)

Giordano compares very well with two very good safeties, considering that he started 8 games, and the others 15 and 14. Giordano performed definitely better than JAG this season when he was given a chance to start.

Landry started 8 games 0 INT 0 PDef 48 Tackles (35 solo)

Definitely looks more JAG than Giordano.

Terrific argument. Interceptions are an unimpeachable measure of how good a secondary player is.

Regardless, we've already signed a Matt Giordano. His name is Steve Gregory.

You realize Wilfork had 2 interceptions last year? Maybe we should use him as a safety.

Not really sure that you can base how good a player is going to be over 7 or 8 games, but whatever you think. I usually take interceptions with a grain of salt, some are pure skill, some are pure luck, and some are a combination of the two. If he had done it over a full season, or even better, a couple of seasons I would be a lot quicker to think he was the real deal.

You realize that Giordano also has 10 PDef and 70 Tackles (56 solo) starting in only half a season?

I already compared him with 2 other good safeties, and Giordano looks very good. He looks even better compared with Landry, and doesnt have major injury issues. And will very probably come cheaper than Landry,

Considering how thin the FA and the draft are on good safeties, Giordano surely looks like the one who should be given a chance.

Patriots Continue Defensive Scheme Change, Sign 25 More Defensive Linemen – If you're going to make up stuff - it should at least be funny.

from last season during the Pats Dline signing binge.

You realize that Giordano also has 10 PDef and 70 Tackles (56 solo) starting in only half a season?

I already compared him with 2 other good safeties, and Giordano looks very good. He looks even better compared with Landry, and doesnt have major injury issues. And will very probably come cheaper than Landry,

Considering how thin the FA and the draft are on good safeties, Giordano surely looks like the one who should be given a chance.

Got it, you have made it very clear that you love the guy, think he is one of the top 2 or 3 safeties in the league based on 8 games last year, and think Landry sucks, because he is a body builder and obviously he is slow. Ok, lets see if we can move on with other posters.

Cincy reached a deal with Reggie Nelson which is good and bad news for us.

Good - The Jets lose out on a good FS
Bad - The Jets will probably outbid us for LaRon Landry (this could potentially be good for us, too)

Oh and a note to all: Most of us in the draft forum put patsderoer on our block list a long time ago. He's a pest that overhypes middle class players and if they show a sliver of capability he is on the forum bragging and boasting how he saw it years ago. Obviously he's no where to be found when they are who we thought they were.

Now that Nelson is gone..jets have no real choice but to get landry

Well, the Jets lost out on the Reggie Nelson sweepstakes. That means they will go hard after Landry. I am not in favor of getting too deep in a bidding war for Landry. Let the Jets overpay and take the risk he can stay healthy.

Landry is only worth while if he takes a reasonable deal. The Jets are desperate now. They needed either Nelson or Landry to make their free agency decent and Nelson is gone.

Agree. I wouldn't commit any money to Landry beyond this year. With Cincy re-upping Nelson. Landry will prob become a Jester and be on IR by Halloween.

Agree. I wouldn't commit any money to Landry beyond this year. With Cincy re-upping Nelson. Landry will prob become a Jester and be on IR by Halloween.

could be on IR before that..hopefully when gronk runs him over

Now that Nelson is gone..jets have no real choice but to get landry

Landry visited New England yesterday, and left without a contract. He made his way to New York to visit with the Jets today and has another visit scheduled with the Detroit Lions. According to multiple reports, there is one other unnamed team in the mix for Landry’s services, though Scout.com's..

looks like Patriots were not a fit with Landry, as no contract offer.. Jets probably will offer top $$ for him..

Landry visited New England yesterday, and left without a contract. He made his way to New York to visit with the Jets today and has another visit scheduled with the Detroit Lions. According to multiple reports, there is one other unnamed team in the mix for Landry’s services, though Scout.com's..

looks like Patriots were not a fit with Landry, as no contract offer.. Jets probably will offer top $$ for him..

Well, we don't know that there was no contract offer, only that he didn't sign one.
That doesn't lead to the conclusion its not a fit, only that he wasn't willing to not listen to anyone else.

Landry is doing all his visits first then deciding...

I'd love bring him here.

Let's hope they do. Landry is damaged goods and top $$ will add to their cap problems. Modern medicine (surgery) has allowed athletes to recover from Achilles injuries, but Landry has chosen a different route. I doubt if he ever becomes the player he once was.

Let's hope they do. Landry is damaged goods and top $$ will add to their cap problems. Modern medicine (surgery) has allowed athletes to recover from Achilles injuries, but Landry has chosen a different route. I doubt if he ever becomes the player he once was.

To our credit, the Patriots medical staff is regarded as the best in the league which is why we take fliers on injuries over any other defects. That said, Landry not getting surgery AND adding more muscle just spells tragedy.

I am with you..i hope he goes to the jets :D

Ok so your argument is the guy who has been in the league 7 years playing mostly special teams and starting 14 games has better physical tools than the guy who drafted #6 in the draft and has played at essentially a probowl level before having a couple of injuries?

As far as speed, what we do have is Giordano ran from 4.52-4.58 at his pro day, (hardly great speed) while Landry ran a 4.35 which actually is great speed.

I'm not sure why you feel Giordano who has bounced from 4 teams in 4 years, and only played a combined 14 game sin 09-10 (apparently due to talent not injury) is better than a highly sought after top 10 NFL S, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
You should probably, though, pay more attention to what happens on the football field and less to photoshopped pictures of muscles.

This is a disappointing post. I have provided a link from USA Today mentioning Giordano's 4.48 40 yard dash. Futher, inventing a rumor that Landry was actually photo shopping pictures of himself ( which he released on his own twitter account ) is concerning. This message board should not be a forum to slander and rumor monger professional athletes.

USATODAY.com - NFL Draft scouting report: Safeties

This is a disappointing post. I have provided a link from USA Today mentioning Giordano's 4.48 40 yard dash. Futher, inventing a rumor that Landry was actually photo shopping pictures of himself ( which he released on his own twitter account ) is concerning. This message board should not be a forum to slander and rumor monger professional athletes.

USATODAY.com - NFL Draft scouting report: Safeties

PRO DAY: Ran between 4.52 and 4.58 in the 40..

USATODAY.com

PRO DAY: Ran between 4.52 and 4.58 in the 40

Matt Giordano, California, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back