PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Link to the Al Jazeera Report: The Dark Side. (Peyton Manning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know of any "good sources" about divorce custody and alimony equity, and didn't see anything in the first couple of google pages that was particularly convincing. Was yours in MA or RI? If there is a divorce lawyer in MA on these boards, I'd love to hear their opinion.
That's why I said I don't put a lot of faith in googling sources to get opinions.
New York. But I'm pretty sure most states follow such a guideline.

I'm not sure what you are saying happens?

Are you saying judges give full custody to the mother over the father just because she is the mother? Or that the math used in child support differs on gender? Or are you saying more women get custody because even though many more women don't work there are still women that are homemakers?

That's why I said I don't put a lot of faith in googling sources to get opinions.
New York. But I'm pretty sure most states follow such a guideline.

I'm not sure what you are saying happens?

Are you saying judges give full custody to the mother over the father just because she is the mother? Or that the math used in child support differs on gender? Or are you saying more women get custody because even though many more women don't work there are still women that are homemakers?
I was saying that men have a more difficult time getting full custody and equal alimony regardless of who was the bread-maker. This opinion is formed from the experiences relayed by almost a dozen friends and family over the last few years. If this impression is wrong, I want to know.

How did this thread become an episode of divorce court? A little dated but from friends experiences you don't get a second bite at the apple so you need to cut yourself the best deal first time through which means getting a damn good attorney.

Deus, that's hilarious and indeed well timed, but did you know that there's no way to stop the video loop without refreshing the page? At least for me...

You should be able to just click on the video itself and should stop.

You should be able to just click on the video itself and should stop.

Yeah, that's how it has worked in the past, but didn't this time. I've no clue why, and don't think I'll spend any more time on it unless it pops up again.
Thanks for the help though.

Couple 0f Manning updates:

The latest Manning defense angle is stating that Al Jazeera is backtracking which seems more of a headline grabber than anything.

Al Jazeera Backtracking from Implication Peyton Manning Used PEDs

Al Jazeera Backtracking from Implication Peyton Manning Used PEDs - Breitbart

Ari Fleischer, George W. Bush’s former press secretary, is acting as Peyton Manning’s spokesman and replied, “Al Jazeera is backtracking and retreating… Their story was not credible to begin with and it’s not credible now. Within 48 hours of the broadcast, Deborah Davies is now contradicting her own reporting.”

Peyton Manning pledges full cooperation as NFL looks into Al Jazeera HGH report

“Well, that's certainly probably appropriate, and I'd be glad if they came in here tonight or tomorrow and do it, get it over with,” Manning said Wednesday. “If the league has to do that, I'll cooperate, and the sooner the better, though, if they're listening.”

10 Important Things To Know (So Far) About The Peyton Manning HGH Allegations

And you'll never believe #6 (OK had to throw that in there) Decent read.

The latest Manning defense angle is stating that Al Jazeera is backtracking which seems more of a headline grabber than anything.

I like this part from the CBS 10 things article: "This is not to highlight the curious lack of coverage or scrutiny from ESPN and other major networks."

No ****, saw nothing on this on espn or nfl network yesterday. I guess they will have to follow up once the clinic comes under criminal investigation.

That's a republican PR flack leaking to a biased, sensationalist site.

Breitbart piece still contains the 2013 vs 2011 employment of Sly crap that has been verified by the clinic as being 2011. We already saw videos of Davies stating the documentary only states that "clinic shipped HGH to Ashley Manning several times, to FL, everywhere." So I don't see them backtracking from that. Ari Fleischer is the only known liar in this story, well and of course Peyton over the college tea bagging incident.

Breitbart piece still contains the 2013 vs 2011 employment of Sly crap that has been verified by the clinic as being 2011. We already saw videos of Davies stating the documentary only states that "clinic shipped HGH to Ashley Manning several times, to FL, everywhere." So I don't see them backtracking from that. Ari Fleischer is the only known liar in this story, well and of course Peyton over the college tea bagging incident.

Charlie Sly had a Pharmacy intern license in the state of Indiana from 4/27/2010 - 5/1/2013.

upload_2015-12-31_2-36-58.png

Charlie Sly had a Pharmacy intern license in the state of Indiana from 4/27/2010 - 5/1/2013.

View attachment 11723

And according to the clinic (as documented by Davies), he started working there on October 2011 for a period of about 3 months, which is the period in question. This contradicts Dr. Guyer's statement that he worked there in 2013, which Mort jumped all over. Of course, Mort hasn't corrected what he said, given the new information. How does this guy get away with crap like this? Why doesn't anyone call this guy out or maybe they are, on twitter? I don't tweet so I have no idea.

And according to the clinic (as documented by Davies), he started working there on October 2011 for a period of about 3 months, which is the period in question. This contradicts Dr. Guyer's statement that he worked there in 2013, which Mort jumped all over. Of course, Mort hasn't corrected what he said, given the new information. How does this guy get away with crap like this? Why doesn't anyone call this guy out or maybe they are, on twitter? I don't tweet so I have no idea.

This will be the perfect opportunity for the NFL to show that it's suddenly "fair" if/when their players cooperate enough to their liking. They'll use it as the perfect anti-Brady message, as there's no way they're going to allow a guy like Manning's reputation to be tarnished.

I'm actually expecting a relatively quick (ish) type of turnaround to their so-called "investigation," which clears Manning of any and all wrongdoing. The weeks leading up to the SB seem like a perfect opportunity.

Here's a little twitter taste from Mort's account. (I would suggest getting a twitter acct. Great for getting quick news etc..)

Morts tweet about the hire date of Charlie SLy.

Chris MortensenVerified account‏@

Here is a statement from Dr. Dale Guyer of the Guyer Institute in Indianapolis

CXQQ6gbUsAAxOt3.png

A few selected replies.

tom carvalho ‏@ThomasJCarvalho Dec 27
@mortreport liar and a hack

Festivus Beeracle ‏@GregMysticMayor Dec 27
@mortreport

CXQjPfVUMAAWf96.jpg

sTim ‏@timjahr Dec 27
@mortreport Oh, so THIS story you're quick to correct misinformation on. Meanwhile, Pats footballs…months with no word from you!

Andy Dufresne ‏@theunzippedfly Dec 29
Andy Dufresne Retweeted Al Jazeera America

@mortreport Hey Mort. Update your info, you puppet.

HE8j_0E_

3:06
Al Jazeera America @ajam
Al Jazeera's recorded phone call with Guyer Clinic confirming Charles Sly's 2011 presence there Al Jazeera's recorded call with the Guyer Clinic

Murph ‏@TMurph207 Dec 29
@mortreport once again proven wrong #EspnLies #MortLies

Carl Bradbury ‏@carlbradbury63_ Dec 29
@mortreport how about the 11 of 12 Footballs report....ever time U R on tv I laugh at the fraud U R....no credible...please resign

Anyways there are plenty of these type responses for just about every tweet he puts out there regardless of the subject.

Here's a little twitter taste from Mort's account. (I would suggest getting a twitter acct. Great for getting quick news etc..)

Morts tweet about the hire date of Charlie SLy.

Chris MortensenVerified account‏@

Here is a statement from Dr. Dale Guyer of the Guyer Institute in Indianapolis

CXQQ6gbUsAAxOt3.png

A few selected replies.

tom carvalho ‏@ThomasJCarvalho Dec 27
@mortreport liar and a hack

Festivus Beeracle ‏@GregMysticMayor Dec 27
@mortreport

CXQjPfVUMAAWf96.jpg

sTim ‏@timjahr Dec 27
@mortreport Oh, so THIS story you're quick to correct misinformation on. Meanwhile, Pats footballs…months with no word from you!

Andy Dufresne ‏@theunzippedfly Dec 29
Andy Dufresne Retweeted Al Jazeera America

@mortreport Hey Mort. Update your info, you puppet.

HE8j_0E_

3:06
Al Jazeera America @ajam
Al Jazeera's recorded phone call with Guyer Clinic confirming Charles Sly's 2011 presence there Al Jazeera's recorded call with the Guyer Clinic

Murph ‏@TMurph207 Dec 29
@mortreport once again proven wrong #EspnLies #MortLies

Carl Bradbury ‏@carlbradbury63_ Dec 29
@mortreport how about the 11 of 12 Footballs report....ever time U R on tv I laugh at the fraud U R....no credible...please resign

Anyways there are plenty of these type responses for just about every tweet he puts out there regardless of the subject.

Yet Mort has not corrected his statements given the new information. Shocking!

Peyton Manning's wife could face lower burden if legal action taken vs. al-Jazeera

Peyton Manning's wife could face lower burden if legal action taken vs. al-Jazeera

"(Ashley Manning) has become fairly well known, at least by name, through this particular controversy," McCann said. "If she is a limited-purpose public figure, the actual malice standard would be in place. So her attorneys would argue that she isn't a limited-purpose public figure."

So I guess it is possible for Ashley Manning to sue under a normal malice standard.

I do not see Peyton or his wife suing at all because I think he used HGH to get healthy and possibly for performance and simply put the HGH under his wife's name.

I also think if she sues it would drag the Guyer clinic into the suit which could open up a whole can of worms.

Will be interesting to see what they decide to do although the article states he may not do anything until after the season.

So I guess it is possible for Ashley Manning to sue under a normal malice standard.

I do not see Peyton or his wife suing at all because I think he used HGH to get healthy and possibly for performance and simply put the HGH under his wife's name.

I also think if she sues it would drag the Guyer clinic into the suit which could open up a whole can of worms.

Will be interesting to see what they decide to do although the article states he may not do anything until after the season.
IANAL but I don't see a case at all.

For all the hand wringing about Al Jazeera not being a "real source", they aren't the source. Sly was the source, they reported what Sly said. They didn't even say this is what he said, they taped it and showed it.

How could you show knowingly false information? Sly could have lied, but it was true that he said it- and that is news.

What would defamation say, that Al Jazeera reported what someone else said? I think it's all bluster, he's hoping to shut them down with threats.

Great Article:

Peyton Manning doesn’t have history on his side

Peyton Manning doesn’t have history on his side - The Boston Globe

When Brady offered a tepid and slightly dodgy Deflategate explanation on Jan. 22 — before the Patriots employed the ideal gas law defense or the NFL’s evidence got perforated like a pin cushion — ESPN’s Mark Brunell said he didn’t believe Brady. But everyone was quick to offer their imprimatur to Manning.

This is a truly fascinating thing to watch. I can't imagine anyone watching this without being horrified by the story. Also I can't imagine anyone watching this not believing what was told in this story is not true. This show was riveting and all the people in it who were doing shady things are all criminals. Fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News