Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do You Believe the NFL Knew That Deflategate Was Fabricated?

• Yes (They Voluntarily Screwed NE, Despite Scientific Evidence to the Contrary)

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • No (They Are Uneducated and Believed Something They Knew Nothing About)

Votes: 11 17.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
if by huge part of the CBA you mean huge part of the reason football isn't happening, then i agree.

there is no way in the world the NFLPA agrees to another CBA where the CZar retains any sembelence of the amount of power he currently has. Roger really screwed the pooch.

I wish you were right, but I don't see any reason to expect the players will do anything other than fold like a house of cards like they always do.

The narrative would have been so different if the Patriots had pushed back right from the get go. I still don't understand how the NFL was allowed to lie about PSI and the Patriots weren't allowed to give the correct data. I promised myself I wouldn't get too emotionally involved in this this offseason, but it so frustrating to see Goodell get away with what he has.
They didnt know the actual psi numbers either when the false numbers were leaked.Once they knew and were told to keep quiet they probably thought that speaking out would lead to unreasonable penalties. Who knew that the NYJFL would screw the Pats. Everyone, including us (remember sharks of vegas) thought the Wells report would exonerate the Pats and there would be no penalty.

I believe Manning and his lawyers would take quite a different tack from Team Brady if the NFL starts sniffing around. They would play so dirty the NFL's actions in deflategate would pale in comparison. That is one dude and family I don't think they will mess with.

I believe Manning and his lawyers would take quite a different tack from Team Brady if the NFL starts sniffing around. They would play so dirty the NFL's actions in deflategate would pale in comparison. That is one dude and family I don't think they will mess with.

What?

Why do Archie and Peyton strike fear in you? It's not like we aren't talking about the Bush family where everyone was in the CIA.

What?

Why do Archie and Peyton strike fear in you? It's not like we aren't talking about the Bush family where everyone was in the CIA.

Because with the CIA you only get water-boarded.

With the Mannings you get Scrotum-boarded.

I prefer the CIA myself.

What?

I think they are far more media-savvy, far more desperate to defend a carefully cultivated image, look at how they controlled the Eli thing on draft day, look how they destroyed the woman that got teabagged.

Because with the CIA you only get water-boarded.

With the Mannings you get Scrotum-boarded.

I prefer the CIA myself.
Traditional CIA methods of interrogation do not apply to the Bush family (not as much now as pre 2008.

They do whatever is necessary.

I think they are far more media-savvy, far more desperate to defend a carefully cultivated image, look at how they controlled the Eli thing on draft day, look how they destroyed the woman that got teabagged.

They were dealing with small potatoes.

The NFL can wipe out whatever/whoever they want.

Traditional CIA methods of interrogation do not apply to the Bush family (not as much now as pre 2008.

They do whatever is necessary.

If you want to go nutty on conspiracy theories, Google Bush/Kennedy Assassination and Bush/Hinkley/Reagan Assassination and Jeb Bush/CIA/murder.

I don't buy all of it but there are some weird coincidences.

They were dealing with small potatoes.

The NFL can wipe out whatever/whoever they want.

Really? The Mannings can afford the same caliber of lawyer that the NFL can. If the NFL plays dirty with Manning, they will get it right back, and they wont hav public opinion on their side like they did with Brady.

Really? The Mannings can afford the same caliber of lawyer that the NFL can. If the NFL plays dirty with Manning, they will get it right back, and they wont hav public opinion on their side like they did with Brady.

Yes. NFL has the reach and 1000X deeper pockets than the Manning family.

Yes. NFL has the reach and 1000X deeper pockets than the Manning family.

I'm sure the Mannings could blow through $10 mil and not feel it. Plenty to do some big damage to the league. To really go scorched earth against PM, the league would need the support of the owners. How would they get that, where it is possible that it will come out that 90% of the league is on HGH and worse?

With deflategate, the only team that was going to come out looking bad was the Patriots. With this, everyone could come out with a black eye.

I'm sure the Mannings could blow through $10 mil and not feel it. Plenty to do some big damage to the league. To really go scorched earth against PM, the league would need the support of the owners. How would they get that, where it is possible that it will come out that 90% of the league is on HGH and worse?

With deflategate, the only team that was going to come out looking bad was the Patriots. With this, everyone could come out with a black eye.

NFL has dropped $20m on TB12....if the owners felt strongly enough to destroy Manning they could/would spend that and more. We've seen it.

They could easily frame PM and make him an example if they wanted to . They are the best in the business as manipulating information so it is in their favor.

Last edited:
Why? You seriously have to ask? Isn't it obvious? Because #Integrity.

The narrative would have been so different if the Patriots had pushed back right from the get go. I still don't understand how the NFL was allowed to lie about PSI and the Patriots weren't allowed to give the correct data. I promised myself I wouldn't get too emotionally involved in this this offseason, but it so frustrating to see Goodell get away with what he has.

I dont know about pushback, BSPN had and was pushing the bad numbers and they [the Pats] were just dumbstruck at that point. BUT, BEFORE EVEN THAT.......

Another area where Kraft failed. In his own stadium, he failed to have his own guy sitting over the refs shoulder and writing down the readings simultaneously with a bunch of KNOWN JESTER Pats-haters (Vincent /Kensil) in charge of the operation.

I think he just got caught flat footed and didnt believe they did anything wrong so he didnt think he had to protect against a frame job.

If you want to go nutty on conspiracy theories, Google Bush/Kennedy Assassination and Bush/Hinkley/Reagan Assassination and Jeb Bush/CIA/murder.

I don't buy all of it but there are some weird coincidences.

Try Haliburton and Tehran. That will raise an eyebrow or two.

I think the question is a fair one to ask, given the league and commissioner's stated commitment to fairness, integrity, yadda yadda. But it's not really the same thing, so I don't think there's anything to glean about deflategate from the NFL's response to the HGH stuff. Peyton Manning being involved or not, the NFL doesn't want any part of any sort of open discussion about HGH, steroid, or other PED use in its ranks.

It's not even just "about money", though it plays a part for sure. Of course tons of people are doing it, of course they always have been, of course it's dangerous for player's health, and of course if they tried to truly and objectively enforce any sort of testing and penalty regime for PED use there would be too many players suspended to even fill the rosters. HGH isn't really a deflategate comp, any actual research into it's use would make it more analogous to the concussion situation than any sort of purported in-game equipment violation. MLB has in large part recovered from it's situation with PEDs but there was a lot of bad press for it's biggest stars along the way. I certainly understand the NFL going out of its way to avoid the same. Deflategate (if it were real) would be kinda like pine tar on George Brett's bat.

This just starts to sum it up

Manning was suppose to live the legacy that Brady basically stole from him. The Manning's are NFL royalty dating back to the Archie Manning days and the ties run deep. Manning was the "awww shucks" guy next door that broke a lot of passing records and was suppose to win a lot of rings too

Instead, this pretty boy California kid came along and ruined everything. On top of that, this California kid played for a "new money" owner (new to NFL) that saw his team he bought for $250 mil or so turn into the 2nd most profitable franchise in the NFL. On top of that, this California kid was playing for a Head Coach that flipped the bird to the NEW YORK JETS, which is a team that demands lineage for anyone wanting a job on park avenue. I can't imagine how bitter some of those old timers like Goodell and Kensil were when Belichick gave his resignation on a NAPKIN! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHHAA!!!

You have megalomaniacs running park avenue that have DEEP, DEEP ties to the Jets, to such an extent that it's amazing it's not considered a conflict of interest.. these people are pathological liars and are use to getting their way on everything that falls before them in life.. so you factor in Belichick's disdain and in your face middle finger that showed how little respect he had for that entire organization, and you add a dash of Brady stealing the legacy that golden boy royalty Manning was suppose to have, combined with an owner like Kraft who's franchise exploded in value and what you're left with is a bunch of petty little ***** billionaire owners and scorned ex Jets employees running the front office that wanted their "payback"

I was pretty critical of Kraft, and still am to some extent.. like a son disappointed in a father... but him filing that amicus brief and pissing off a few of the megalomaniac owners is pretty ****ing funny and I applaud him for doing so!

/end rant

Ps. I posted this from my phone while intoxicated, so any of you grammar nazis want to start some beef, you can go **** yourselves!

PEACE!

/drops mic

Last edited:

For once Leketro, I completely agree with you! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back